1 GB Space + 10 GB Bandwidth for Just Rs 50/month

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtylee

Right off the assembly line
rockafella said:
Hi James,
the .in domain name belongs to your company only? or he is reseller of yours?

Basically, I was saying 1000mbps uplink port is not possible because of the reason you said, i.e. no connection for 1000mbps is possible, till now i have seen connections with 100 mbps max.

But yea, I agree on different backbone connectivity...

By my statement, about testing purpose.. I meant about the .in guys. I could not say anything about .com ones as that company is not in question here :)

The statement came out just by the replies from the thread starter...

I hope this clears out the point.

No problem at all... chargertek.in is very young in our eyes, we'd like to start marketing regionally, for one simple solution, and of course that is SUPPORT.

Local customers want local phone numbers to call and local hours to operate.. with the ability to have 24 / 7 access by having other subsidiaries up and running (IE The US Office) during off hours...

This helps us be a lot more honest about "24/7" Support, also helps with the phone billls, do we need AsiaPac customers dialing a Toll Free US Number?

Do US Customers enjoy calling India for Support... so far, "no"

And there's other reasons as well.

As for the 1,000mbps uplinks go, yes, those four Providers are coming in on OC-48 Lines in the United States direct to the Front End Equipment. (4x OC48 - 2.5 gigabits per seconds) (16 OC12s total)

It really is impressive. And forum threads are always in good fun, there's nothing personal in business. :)

minniawochat

Broken In
rockafella said:
as far as I know, there is no such thing as 1000 MBPS Uplink port. Max is 100mbps. The rates seem to be real low.

>>>>>>>>> 1000MBPS LANs are common on highend server last 1 year

rockafella said:
Linux is more secured indeed, it is because of the permissions control it has and few more things. I am not going to start a linux vs windows war here but just to make things clear, the security holes are always going to remain in all the systems and OS guys will keep on patching it. So there is nothing new infact it is good to make the system perfect or say almost bug free. Most of the sites get hacked becasue of lack of care taken by webmasters. If you do not update your system or say script, then it is going to get hacked. It does not matter if it is windows or linux.

Hummm Cant say One of my friends forum DB is Deleted hosted on dmiansite.com Linux SERVER

rockafella said:
About vbulletin of PHPBB, PHPBB is more vulnerable and it needs a contstant care for the updates. But vbulletin is quite secure. I have been using it for 5 years not, not a single time I got hacked. In short, you have to keep your things updated.

Your forum is not hacked because no hacker noticed ur site till today
You r lucky

rockafella said:
The same logic applies to other programming languages too. The point you raised is not convicing. If I do not validate variables in query string then any kid can do an xss attack and play around with your site and files...

Now, it is their problem that they dont know much lol what will linux do in this?

NO MANUALS OR Poor Manual Like This thread
Sample if u forget semicolon in line 230 then it give error some T_string etc etc in line Line 229

But in ASP it give error & also point thru arrow -( i think it say u r idiot and u have made error here ;) )

We are making this thread Windows Vs Linux but the topic of thread is different - Just like Linux Help

rockafella said:
didn't understand much but root = admin user it is called as Administrator under windows system.

Window 98 user dont have to login it just autolog then hows it user will understand Linux login -(using console where u asked for password & no charecter are shown while typing password )

Linux come with garbage of 1.5 GB.

I Cant select more then one mp3 files so it repeat it self

rockafella said:
No I am using Windows XP but if I was writing this from web server, I would have been on the Linux machine. (RHEL 4 most probbably)

Why u r using windows Use Linux in ur home computer :)

u r using windows : 1. U got it with branded computer
2. U love windows because Linux is not comfortable & you cant do ur work in linux

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
guys can anyone tell me how to host a forum of our own...should it bought or can we create our own forum...i downloaded a script for forum...but how to edit and host things ,

i know a good knowledge about computers...but thing is i dont know how to put up a forum like this??

i have created a webpage...so i have a fair idea....

rockafella

Broken In
I love healthy discussions :) I wish this thread was in some other section where we could have discussed more of it.

minniawochat said:
>>>>>>>>> 1000MBPS LANs are common on highend server last 1 year

Oh yes, my mistake there. James was right.

minniawochat said:
Hummm Cant say One of my friends forum DB is Deleted hosted on dmiansite.com Linux SERVER

Your forum is not hacked because no hacker noticed ur site till today
You r lucky

Now, your friend's DB got deleted then it does not mean that linux is bad, there must be some issue with that machine or script.

About forum, oh Yeah, you can say I am lucky that my forums are not know so I didnt get hack but what do you think about www.vbulletin.org or www.vbulletin.com lol arent they famous enough to get hacked? or say Yahoo.com which again runs on non-windows system or say Google lol

minniawochat said:
NO MANUALS OR Poor Manual Like This thread
Sample if u forget semicolon in line 230 then it give error some T_string etc etc in line Line 229

But in ASP it give error & also point thru arrow -( i think it say u r idiot and u have made error here ;) )

As far as I know, PHP has one of the best manuals with plenty of notes and examples. Check it here (*www.php.net/manual/en/)

About ASP and PHP comparision, let other say it:

- *www.webpronews.com/expertarticles/expertarticles/wpn-62-20051222ASPvsPHP.html
- *www.oracle.com/technology/pub/articles/hull_asp.html
- *www.wrensoft.com/zoom/benchmarks.html

One more thing about IIS and Linux, I am quoting it form the Oracle webstie:

Unfortunately, IIS has a long history of vulnerabilities, which makes many administrators reluctant to deploy it to handle their web site. Whether these weaknesses are because of Microsoft's ineptness or because IIS is a real red flag to hackers is irrelevant: Those systems have a history of being hacked and compromised.

minniawochat said:
Why u r using windows Use Linux in ur home computer :)

I am using windows because I LOVE IT :) But if you have to run a web server, I would suggest Linux not windows. For Home machine Windows anytime rocks and will always rock.

tuxfan

Technomancer
I agree with rockafella. LAMP is the great combo for servers. Windows based servers are more prone to hacking attacks (whether because of popularity or whatever reasons) and Linux based servers are more stable.

Even costwise, Linux servers are better! One example for this is that I can see many free hosting ads with all having Linux. :lol: I am yet to see a free Windows hosting provider. ;)

Additionally, for a web-developer, he doesn't need to spend a penny before he can start making dynamic web-sites with PHP+MySQL. Of course, I am only taking about the legal route here.

On desktops, Linux still lags behind Windows in many ways. But servers are alltogether a difference ball game!

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
phpbb and vbulletin are the same as windows and linux ..... phpbb wen modded is a hell lot more secure than vbulletin (discussed on may forums and also conffirmed by my host)

Stick

Ambassador of Buzz
tuxfan said:
1GB Space @ Rs. 500 annual charges. So per MB per year is just Re. 0.50. You are saying you have a profit in this. Lets assume its 10%. So your costs are Re. 0.45 per MB per year!! Dude!! Are you sure?

IMO, decent dedicated servers cost at least US$ 250 per month for 100GB. At Rs. 45 per $, it comes to Rs. 135,000 per year i.e. it costs Rs. 1.35 per MB per year. Add a little profit to it and it could cost Rs. 1.5 per year per MB.

And what about administrative and other costs to your company? Do you get thru all these in such "low margins"?

So to me, either your heavily over-selling or your servers are not too good or you have got a steal of a deal (which is somewhat unlikely) ;)

I already come to know same but if I posted here before you people especially Anurag said I am TESTING GUY.

Now the REAL STORY Begin, I recommend him to one of my friend and They just can't even like to answer to questions before sale and expect BUY IT WHAT WE GAVE TO YOU DON'T ASK QUESTION OR BETTER TO CHOOSE ANOTHER HOST.

They Higher 3rd Party Free Lance Technical Person, so if you have any problem wait for 48-72 hrs.

Judge yourself and Enjoy Life.

jtylee

Stick said:
I already come to know same but if I posted here before you people especially Anurag said I am TESTING GUY.

Now the REAL STORY Begin, I recommend him to one of my friend and They just can't even like to answer to questions before sale and expect BUY IT WHAT WE GAVE TO YOU DON'T ASK QUESTION OR BETTER TO CHOOSE ANOTHER HOST.

They Higher 3rd Party Free Lance Technical Person, so if you have any problem wait for 48-72 hrs.

Judge yourself and Enjoy Life.

Are you talking about Chargertek.com? That sounds extremely odd.

As for the Linux / Windows debate... My opinion is that Windows "CAN" be as secure if not more secure than Linux IF you know how to secure it.

We maintain both Linux and Windows 2003 Servers (Different DataCenters) and have had great luck with the windows boxes... (Hope I didn't just Jinx it)

Stick

Ambassador of Buzz
jtylee said:
Are you talking about Chargertek.com? That sounds extremely odd.

Chargertek.in

What makes it diffrent. If you can't satisfy your customer before sale how can you after sale?

Call us Indian and Hindustani it makes no diffrence.

rockafella

Broken In
hmm I think .com is a different company and .in is diff. .in might be some kind of resellers of .com but not sure.

thecyclone2k

In the zone
Not necessarily! They might have just opened up a branch in India with that .in domain!

Also, regarding hacked php forums -
All of the boards, I have seen being hacked had security problems from the administration side. i.e. they didn't had secure passwords (you should use a password which you don't use anywhere at least at the boards you own).

Stick

Ambassador of Buzz
rockafella said:
hmm I think .com is a different company and .in is diff. .in might be some kind of resellers of .com but not sure.

You may be right, if both domain and site operator are different but chargertek.com and chargertek.in both have connection COM is mother and IN is child.

jtylee support .in operator and told what .in operator reply is RIGHT.

Chai se Kitali Jayaada Garam hai.

jtylee

.in and .com

All are relative.

.IN are not resellers of our .COm ...it's just a branch.

What I was really wondering was, what Pre-Sales support were you NOT given that you were looking for?

You sound as if you requested something and are unhappy with us?

Stick

Ambassador of Buzz
jtylee said:
.in and .com

All are relative.

.IN are not resellers of our .COm ...it's just a branch.

What I was really wondering was, what Pre-Sales support were you NOT given that you were looking for?

You sound as if you requested something and are unhappy with us?

It's not me but My friends who are unhappy and just because I, not one but both whom I refereed to you unhappy with me too. They said I suggest them bad provider. One of them ask me "Do you think I am Rabbit, who used by lab for experiments". James, Do you know what it means.

I just call my friend and ask him what exactly he is looking for and what answer he got from your Indian counterpart.

He told that he is looking the same thing what provide by Chargertek.in but Shouvik (.in owner) didn't reply him in time and nor ready to give James mail id saying that James is not online from last 2-3 days, my friend ask some more detail about price lock, database, IP, support etc. by this Mr.Shouvik annoyed and suggest my friend "you are too choosy, better look another Host/provider".

And than he contact you too James but you to avoid him.

Means you chargertek.com/.in didn't like pre-sales question, if though, than you should put a line with your Package offer that Don't ask any question to us, just buy what we give if it sound strange look with another Host.

Easy

minniawochat

Broken In
rockafella said:
I love healthy discussions :) I wish this thread was in some other section where we could have discussed more of it.

Oh yes, my mistake there. James was right.

Now, your friend's DB got deleted then it does not mean that linux is bad, there must be some issue with that machine or script.

About forum, oh Yeah, you can say I am lucky that my forums are not know so I didnt get hack but what do you think about www.vbulletin.org or www.vbulletin.com lol arent they famous enough to get hacked? or say Yahoo.com which again runs on non-windows system or say Google lol

As far as I know, PHP has one of the best manuals with plenty of notes and examples. Check it here (*www.php.net/manual/en/)

About ASP and PHP comparision, let other say it:

- *www.webpronews.com/expertarticles/expertarticles/wpn-62-20051222ASPvsPHP.html
- *www.oracle.com/technology/pub/articles/hull_asp.html
- *www.wrensoft.com/zoom/benchmarks.html

One more thing about IIS and Linux, I am quoting it form the Oracle webstie:

I am using windows because I LOVE IT :) But if you have to run a web server, I would suggest Linux not windows. For Home machine Windows anytime rocks and will always rock.

Dont Mind

but have u ever installed & put server (windows /linux) on live enviorment ?

if not then u dont have right to suggest linux as good for server too.

Linux is hell to configure the cost u saved by using free software is taken by administrator .

but for windows u can put it on live within 1.1/2 hours including Windows2003+mcafee AV + Firewall + Contral Panel + FTP + mail + web DNS.

I know a website which have 265000 hits daily & it is running on windwos

Also watch RAC / Planet sourcecode.com it also have big traffic running on windows

Thanks

ha hah hahahaha :cool:

The Big 5 year old company's site is giving error & they are not correcting it

Thanks

Last edited:

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
minniawochat said:
Dont Mind

but have u ever installed & put server (windows /linux) on live enviorment ?

if not then u dont have right to suggest linux as good for server too.

Linux is hell to configure the cost u saved by using free software is taken by administrator .

but for windows u can put it on live within 1.1/2 hours including Windows2003+mcafee AV + Firewall + Contral Panel + FTP + mail + web DNS.

I know a website which have 265000 hits daily & it is running on windwos

Also watch RAC / Planet sourcecode.com it also have big traffic running on windows

Thanks

ha hah hahahaha :cool:

The Big 5 year old company's site is giving error & they are not correcting it

Thanks

KID, you have any idead that cPanel (Most prefered panel by people) is only for LINUX and not Windows. :D Plesk and Helm are the two most popular panels for Windows system but they suck when compared to cPanel or say even DirectAdmin. :p

minniawochat

Broken In
sukhdeepsinghkohli said:
KID, you have any idead that cPanel (Most prefered panel by people) is only for LINUX and not Windows. :D Plesk and Helm are the two most popular panels for Windows system but they suck when compared to cPanel or say even DirectAdmin. :p

Hummm

I think u r confused with the word "control panel " - I m not talking about cpanel ok

I developed my Own control panel (billing not included)

Will do all things & not heavy like commricial Control panel

cpanel is more suckkable with monthly payment.

If anyone start calculating cost then in long run linux & windows both cost same

Thanks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom