►► Bought my 1st ANDROID cellphone: MMX A100 i'm very happy. But i've never used ANDROID before.....

kool

Cyborg Agent
Hi guys,

Bought Micromax A100 for Rs.9800+Rs.200 from mobile store. I've never used android, i was using Nokia 3230>> 5130XM >> 5230 from, last 10years. Now i've few query, and plz guys help me

1) There is no PC-SUITE like nokia is bundled with this cell, so how can i backup/restore sms/contacts in future?
2) Till now i was using sms features thru PC-SUITE by connecting Nokia 5230 to my PC. Now how can i do that? is there any common PC-SUITE for all android cellphone?
3) I dont know which resolution of video playback is supported, (i've heard 480p only supports) so how can i convert video songs/movie to best viewable on this cellphone like HD.

4) There is no task manager in this cell, from where i can get that?
5) Suggest me MUST HAVE apps/games for this cell. I've never used play store before, so confused which apps are best. :cry:

plz reply guys, may be i'll ask more question.

Sarath

iDota
Re: ►► Bought my 1st ANDROID cellphone: MMX A100 i'm very happy. But i've never used ANDROID before.

Backup contacts to your google account. I think even SMSes are stored in your e-mail but I am not so sure how it works. Nevertheless there are many backup managers for you SMSes and contacts in the play store. Just search for it.

Check your screen resolution first and then see if you have any use for HD videos.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Re: ►► Bought my 1st ANDROID cellphone: MMX A100 i'm very happy. But i've never used ANDROID before.

Hi guys,

Bought Micromax A100 for Rs.9800+Rs.200 from mobile store. I've never used android, i was using Nokia 3230>> 5130XM >> 5230 from, last 10years.

congrats :)

2) Till now i was using sms features thru PC-SUITE by connecting Nokia 5230 to my PC. Now how can i do that? is there any common PC-SUITE for all android cellphone?

there are softwares to do that. PDANet is one such software that allows to answer SMS from desktop (and tether at same time).

3) I dont know which resolution of video playback is supported, (i've heard 480p only supports) so how can i convert video songs/movie to best viewable on this cellphone like HD.

format factory (don't ask for dl link. google it)

Android = no task manager. keep pressing home. it'll show you a list of running services/apps.

5) Suggest me MUST HAVE apps/games for this cell. I've never used play store before, so confused which apps are best. :cry:

there is a thread. go 3-4 pages back. Else go to draft section where TheSerpent has created a nice thread for first time android users.

should have asked at the same time.

Renny

Padawan

Congratz!

1. Use MobileGo. Using this application you can create/install/restore/backup SMSs, contacts, apps, and many other things.

3. If you want to convert your videos to a lower resolution use Avidemux.

4. You can use GO Taskmanager or other taskmanagers to instantly kill apps, or Gemini task manager to disable and manage applications.

5. Must have apps - What Sam said.

------------------------------------

Btw checkout this A100 dev thread. Although I doubt you'd want to root your new phone so soon ;)

*forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1842908

OP
kool

kool

Cyborg Agent

congrats :)

there are softwares to do that. PDANet is one such software that allows to answer SMS from desktop (and tether at same time).

format factory (don't ask for dl link. google it)

Android = no task manager. keep pressing home. it'll show you a list of running services/apps.

there is a thread. go 3-4 pages back. Else go to draft section where TheSerpent has created a nice thread for first time android users.

should have asked at the same time.

Thanx bro.... :)

Congratz!

1. Use MobileGo. Using this application you can create/install/restore/backup SMSs, contacts, apps, and many other things.

3. If you want to convert your videos to a lower resolution use Avidemux.

4. You can use GO Taskmanager or other taskmanagers to instantly kill apps, or Gemini task manager to disable and manage applications.

5. Must have apps - What Sam said.

------------------------------------

Btw checkout this A100 dev thread. Although I doubt you'd want to root your new phone so soon ;)

Micromax a100 delopment (rom recovery etc) - xda-developers

thanx 2 u too :)

abhishekpandey

Right off the assembly line

Hi guys,

Bought Micromax A100 for Rs.9800+Rs.200 from mobile store. I've never used android, i was using Nokia 3230>> 5130XM >> 5230 from, last 10years. Now i've few query, and plz guys help me

1) There is no PC-SUITE like nokia is bundled with this cell, so how can i backup/restore sms/contacts in future?

1. Take backup of your sms/contacts via Go Backup. It'll also helps you restoring them back from your ext sd card. You can also backup you contacts to gmail. Import your contacts in CSV format and sync your phone.

2. Use PDA Net or Desk Sms app for your accessing your messages and replying to them from your PC.

3. Use Go Task manager as Sam said.

4. You've not mentioned what kind of apps. Pls elaborate. Generally you can have Juice Defender and Advanced Task Killer to kill unnecessary apps running in the background and save the battery by disconnecting your data connection when phone is not in active state.

Hope that helps and lastly congratz on entering into the world of android which is full of infinite customization. Enjoy:)

OP
kool

kool

Cyborg Agent

1. Take backup of your sms/contacts via Go Backup. It'll also helps you restoring them back from your ext sd card. You can also backup you contacts to gmail. Import your contacts in CSV format and sync your phone.

2. Use PDA Net or Desk Sms app for your accessing your messages and replying to them from your PC.

3. Use Go Task manager as Sam said.

4. You've not mentioned what kind of apps. Pls elaborate. Generally you can have Juice Defender and Advanced Task Killer to kill unnecessary apps running in the background and save the battery by disconnecting your data connection when phone is not in active state.

Hope that helps and lastly congratz on entering into the world of android which is full of infinite customization. Enjoy:)

pdanet/desk sms need internet/browser. I want something like nokia suite. :(

and current user available ram is showing: 388 mb only out of which 300mb is keep occupied by whatsapp, facebook app, viber etc.

Plz somebody tell me, how to stop whatsapp, viber ? Cant i use it manually?

OP
kool

kool

Cyborg Agent

Hi guys...

I'm facing two major problem in Micromax A100

1) If i sent more than 160+ character sms, it always fails with exclamation marks. My frnds receive only broken sms or half. How to solve that?
2) Recorded image/vids are inverted always transferring to PC. During clicking image/vids it shows normal, but after transferring it gets inverted. Why ??

Re: ►► Bought my 1st ANDROID cellphone: MMX A100 i'm very happy. But i've never used ANDROID before

Tell me Do u care for the warranty??
Or are u okay with let go of ur warranty period for better...

I'm asking u cuz I vl b telling u the proceedure to root...
And this vl make ur phone superfast, and u can do whatever customizations u like...

Re: ►► Bought my 1st ANDROID cellphone: MMX A100 i'm very happy. But i've never used ANDROID before

IMO None shd care about the warranty, which vl b of any use only when u have any hardware problem..

Hi guys,

1) Doesn't require PC suite as the gmail account can backup ur contacts..
3) Our phone has a resolution of 800 x 480
So anything below 720p will work on it...
For converting u can consider the format factory..
4) Android doesn't need any task manager, it does its job pretty well. Its just for ur satisfaction

5) Games - Angry birds, Cut the rope, fruit ninja, where's my water, temple run
Apps - Talking tom, dolphin browser ( can browse file sharing webs), swiftkey flow (keyboard replacement), atorrent (torrent client),friendcaster for facebook, stumble upon, etc, etc... there are loads of it...

OP
kool

kool

Cyborg Agent

I sold this crap in feb 2013. Bought XOLO Q800.

ankush28

Bazinga

I sold this crap in feb 2013. Bought XOLO Q800.

Haha ... welldone, its much better then MMX cr@p...
Lets start anti-MMX initiative :D ...

Top Bottom