►► AIRTEL cheaters..!! They deducted my money w/o my knowledge..!! check screenshots.

kool

Cyborg Agent
Hi guys,

I felt my Rs.15 has been deducted, so i just sent "LAST" for my last 5 transaction to 121. And they replied that i've sent 3 MMS @ Rs.5 per MMS. I have never sent MMS in my entire life, i use Whatsapp, Nimbuzz only for sharing pics. To my surprise the numbers they are showing are not from my phonebook. Just check time and you will feel that AIRTEL are lying to me, Can someone send 3 MMS at same time at 16:46:59?:-o There is no MMS in my outbox/sent folder. I'm using Nokia 5230. How is it possible that 3 MMS has been sent from my cell w/o my knowledge? :shock:

Is this new trick of AIRTEL to deduct money ? Have you ever faced such problem? Or Am i part of any scam? Recently i installed 2 apps from OVI : 1) Addafix Caller ID india 2) Netqin Mobile Guard

I'm attaching here screenshots of LAST 5 transaction.

*i.imgur.com/vky1H.jpg

Naxal

Little Kid
Wrong section I suppose.

Complain to them, otherwise may be some one from those number files a police complain agaisnt you citing cause of sending abusing MMS :p :p

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Airtel is infamous for deducting money for the services that we don't activate. Happened to me when they deducted Rs 25 or something for service. Had to call and fight to return the money. They refunded.

Call the CC immediately, and assert your concerns. Demand refund.

OP
kool

kool

Cyborg Agent
Airtel is infamous for deducting money for the services that we don't activate. Happened to me when they deducted Rs 25 or something for service. Had to call and fight to return the money. They refunded.

Call the CC immediately, and assert your concerns. Demand refund.
i called CC, they are saying, you have sent all 3 MMS, it cant be sent automatically. :(

Wrong section I suppose.

Complain to them, otherwise may be some one from those number files a police complain against you citing cause of sending abusing MMS :p :p

I knw wrong section, but don't know where to ask..! where to complain now? m not thinking abt money deduction, just worried about "MMS sent to unknown nos." but none of them called me yet for any question like that have i sent MMS or not. 1st time i'm facing such problem. Its my cell, and i only use it.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
First of all, how come this become a Technology News?

Secondly, Email the whole point with screenshot to zonal head instead of arguing with CC, they can't help. They are normal call center guys who takes your request and respond upon what's get displayed on their computer screen.

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Nothing new, Airtel deducts my money now and then, I troll them back.
Recently 10 rs was deducted for no reason, I told them more than 10 got deducted those People credited 30 rs :D

OP
kool

kool

Cyborg Agent
First of all, how come this become a Technology News?

Secondly, Email the whole point with screenshot to zonal head instead of arguing with CC, they can't help. They are normal call center guys who takes your request and respond upon what's get displayed on their computer screen.

Now this thread is moved to mobile/tablets. How to complain to zonal head? can u give me their email id?

For proof i'm attaching here more screenshots, where no APN is defined for MMS, then how can a MMS can be sent by myself? check these:

*i.imgur.com/THrf5.jpg
/
*i.imgur.com/hzdF9.jpg
/
*i.imgur.com/GSNR5.jpg

I think its new trick to deduct money, CC sent me mail that, its sent by you only :(

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Huh!
Year 2003. Balance Rs.~700, next morning, balance Rs.~350. Reason: Games were downloaded via GPRS. Well I fu(ked them off, but I was sure that they have gotten civilized.

debarshi

Otaku
I never faced any such problem with BSNL until now, touchwood, but it has been the same experience for me on Airtel........... Airtel Retail Shops (Relationship Centre or something like that) can help you get to the zonal head...

Sarath

iDota
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/mobiles-t...n-discussion-airtel-vodafone-docomo-bsnl.html

It is quite a common practice across all telecom operators

RBX

In the zone
Almost every operator does this, period.
+1, I've been customer of Airtel, Idea, Docomo, and this has happened to me with each of them. My family members using Aircel and BSNL too have faced similar problems; just yesterday Hindi Jokes got activated on my mother's BSNL connection.

Anish

Spectre
@kool : I don't know what you said to the CC. AFAIK, my friends using airtel, when they called CC for unfair deductions, they will be refunded all the time.
I use vodafone and I don't face such issues. BTW, the vodafone CC sux a long time.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Call 198 again and complain them with harsh voice and tell them the proof you have. They can return money , so they have to if it is not your fault. It is a common practice and most times they return money.so Try it again.

[EDIT]Airtel has good customer support compared to others.i think so.

[EDIT]Airtel has good customer support compared to others.i think so.

Tell them you have proof of the same, etc. And try to reason out with them once or twice more.. Last resort would be consumer complaints forum..

reniarahim1

Youngling
Every operator resort to these kind of things. There is no efficient system available in india to sue these operators.
If this happened in US or so, these operators would have been fined nicely.
Trai is doing nothing to look into these kind of fraudulent activities done by these c

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz
Happened to me too a year back. They deducted 100 bucks saying that I downloaded a java game or something. Who in the right state of mind will download some pathetic age-old Java game when there are so many free Android games available? As expected, I had to make numerous calls to CC to get back the amount.

reniarahim1

Youngling
docomo also...they subscribed me to super model club pack and charged 10 rs every week and when ever i call customer care, they used to tell no active services are present on your number.

Naxal

Little Kid
No one bothers, we are just taken for granted !! Every single operators do it.

Every private player do it to meet their target, where as BSNL / MTNL type gov players are doing it due to errors and bugs in their system but fact remains, every operators do it and they dont bother because nothing will happen, mango people are always taken for granted in our country !!!

Top Bottom