µTorrent Parameters

rahul_c

Journeyman
I've a old computer with broadband which I use for downloading torrents. Whenever I restart that computer, the state of torrent changes from 'downloading' or 'queue' to ERROR. I've to force them to re-check and restart again. This is time wasting, so I've figured out a feature under preferences>advanced>run program. It has a option to run a program and also has parameters. I want to know if there is a way to run 'force re-check' option automatically whenever torrent changes state to ERROR.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
are you using the latest version of utorrent and make sure your HDD don't has any bad sectors.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
windows check disk can't guarantee to find bad sectors properly - to find bad sectors you better use your HDD manufacturer's diagnostic tool - seagate and WD both have them.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
1 possible fix more of a trick actually is to put the PC in Hibernate mode when you want to turn off. that way when you switch it on error might disappear :wink:

roy_pratik

Broken In
I too was having the same problem with my old pc which i use only for downloading,turned out to be bad sectors.Try hard disk sentinel.

OP
rahul_c

rahul_c

Journeyman
I forgot to add in OP, this computer of mine doesn't have a UPS. I think not shutting down windows is causing the problem. I also tried tune-up utilities disk check, HDD has no bad sectors.

Cant we guide utorrent to re-check torrents automatically somehow? I've to use utorrent remote to get them to resume.

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
Try this-open the folder of the file youre downloading with torrent client-click properties of the folder-uncheck all flags like read,hidden etc-ok-apply-restart torrent client.

OP
rahul_c

rahul_c

Journeyman
^That's going to be problematic, cause I don't have access to that computer currently cause I left home yesterday night but I'll be going home latter. But I'm pretty sure that there are no additional attributes applied, it's the default ones.

I've a 30 GB FUP connection when I'm not at home nobody utilizes it, so I add torrents from anywhere via utorrent remote. :mrgreen: But because of this problem I have to check them every morning from a computer to ensure downloading is in process since mobile app doesn't support re-check option.
utorrent remote too acts strangely several times, showing error like - "remote client returned an error" or "error parsing data". It's pain in the @$$! :banghead:

Top Bottom