Zotac GTX 560 ti BLACK SCREEN PROBLEM

jokerisdead

Right off the assembly line
Hi my name is Stenly I have just recently upgraded to Zotac Gtx 560 ti Card. My previous card was Sparkle 9500 gt.
My problem is whenever I play games like Bionic commando , Crysis 2 ,Just cause 2 etc at high or low Setting after few minutes or even in few seconds
I get a black screen and the system hangs. I have tried all the possible things I have also updated the drivers.

My Config :

Motherboard - Gigabyte G31M-ES2C
Processor - Core 2 Duo E7500 (not overclocked)
PSU - Iball Stallion 600 watt
Ram - 4 GB
Cabinet - Iball Bullet
Previous Card - Sparkle 9500 gt
Current Card - Zotac 560 ti
I have sent my graphics card back to the zotac frm where i have bought.
And got the replaced card.
But its also giving the same problem.
Plz hlp.
I hve attached the iball spec of my PSU.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
That iBall PSU looks very suspicious to me. Test your computer with another good PSU like FSP Saga II 500w

curious_tech

Broken In
+1 for thetechfreak's tip
don't relay on iball,
FSP is offering very low prices on PSUs, check out

Also try arranging another PSU if possible to see if issue continue

rajnusker

Sage of the Six Paths
Seriously? I don't understand why do you people consider iBall PSU's to be absolute crap! My friend is powering a dual core, 2gb ram, 5770, 2 hdd, one dvd with a 650rs iball 450w psu with no issues. It is possible that OP has got a faulty unit, but considering it crap is not ok..

OP if you have the 560 ti 1gb edition (stock),

ON this review:

GeForce GTX 560 Ti review

It is clearly stated:

System Wattage with GPU in FULL Stress = 319W

Which is with a high-end rig. So even if the Stallion is 50% efficient, it should be able to power up your rig.

guru_urug

iGoogle
Seriously? I don't understand why do you people consider iBall PSU's to be absolute crap! My friend is powering a dual core, 2gb ram, 5770, 2 hdd, one dvd with a 650rs iball 450w psu with no issues. It is possible that OP has got a faulty unit, but considering it crap is not ok..

OP if you have the 560 ti 1gb edition (stock),

ON this review:

GeForce GTX 560 Ti review

It is clearly stated:

Which is with a high-end rig. So even if the Stallion is 50% efficient, it should be able to power up your rig.

U've got ur facts messed up bro...
Firstly you got the concept of efficiency wrong...its not that if he has a 600W PSU with 50% efficiency then his PSU will provide peak power of 300W. Check it up on the net or look up one of Cilus's earlier post where he explained it very well

Secondly agreed that even with a cheap PSU u could run a high end rig well. But is it really worth the risk??
read this article:
Don't Be Surprised When Your Cheap PSU Blows Up : 1670 Watts For $60?

a cheap PSU has a good chance of damaging the rest of your configuration causing lot more loss than what it would have cost u to buy the "branded reliable" PSU.

rajnusker

Sage of the Six Paths
U've got ur facts messed up bro...
Firstly you got the concept of efficiency wrong...its not that if he has a 600W PSU with 50% efficiency then his PSU will provide peak power of 300W. Check it up on the net or look up one of Cilus's earlier post where he explained it very well

Secondly agreed that even with a cheap PSU u could run a high end rig well. But is it really worth the risk??
read this article:
Don't Be Surprised When Your Cheap PSU Blows Up : 1670 Watts For $60?

a cheap PSU has a good chance of damaging the rest of your configuration causing lot more loss than what it would have cost u to buy the "branded reliable" PSU.

Iball is much better than other cheap brands like Frontech, Bitech, etc. But I agree that it will eventually damage your rig.

I don't know if the listed price over Lynx is correct, but if it is then it is definitely not a CHEAP psu.

iBall Black Stallion - 600W (APFC) ― Lynx - The Audio , Electronics And Computer Online Shopping Store In India

@OP how much you paid for the PSU?

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
@rajnukser

I have gone great length to find this post by Clius. Hope you understand what we mean to say :D
Clius said:
A true X watt PSU will deliver X watt, no matter what its efficiency is. Efficieny decides how much power it will take from the source to deliver its quoted rating. Lets go little mathametical Say PSU Wattage = W
PSU Efficienty = Y%
PSU Power required to deliver W watt = P Then P X Y% = W
-> P = W/Y%
-> P= (W X 100)/Y
-> P = 100 X W/Y Now W or PSU power outage is constant for a specific PSU. So lets
consider 100XW = K (constant)
So, P = K/Y or P is inversely proportional with Y or total Power required to deliver the quoted Output is inversely proportinal
to the Efficiency. So, more higher the efficieny, less power is will taken from the source by the PSU to deliver its rated power which implies less power consumtion. Actually good PSUs are having efficient
design and good components to
minimazie the
energy loss in terms of heat and other
form. So a high efficieny PSu basically
reduces the electric bill. While buying a good PSU, check the
amount of power which is getting delivered in its 12V rail because most of the components take power from the 12V rail and it is important to
provide minimum 80% of the total
wattage of the PSU to be delivered
through the 12V rail.

guru_urug

iGoogle
^^
This was the same post I was talking about!!
But I was too lazy to find it last night :p

Anyway OP before spending money on a new PSU check the card on a friends PC which has a good PSU. That way u can confirm the source of the problem and then buy the new PSU

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
:D
I remembered which thread it was in so I found it in few minutes :p
jokerisdead said:
So If I chacnge my PSU to Corsair
GS700 or GS800 It will work fine
without any problem.
You donot need to spend so much money. A FSP Saga II 500w will do perfect unless you want to overclock :wink:

OP
J

jokerisdead

Hey yesterday I noticed that when I play games Like Street fighter IV
Battlefield Bad company 2 , Bionic Commando Rearmed. These games works fine
I dont know how they work well but I noticed that the GPU load was always between 30 to 47% . I played this games for several hrs. Nothing happed I was using the Iball Staliion 600. but when I played crysis 2 or run the stability test
It crashes in 10 to 15 sec. I also saw that it was at peak 85 to 99% Gpu load for few sec. Hey also one more thing when I run the benchmark of that Video stabilty test. It works fine but in video stabilty test it crashes.

Plz rply. Why it not crashes and then why it crashes.

Last edited:

Amithansda

Journeyman
I have this same problem , a black screen appears with "NO SIGNAL" error from the monitor, and I am forced to restart the whole machine.
I don't think its a case of bad PSU, I got Coolermaster GX750watt still i get this problem, tomorrow I am gonna replace my card for a may be non-ti version if they let me.

Classic case of Badly manufactured GPUs or drivers:)x whatever, I dont think they are even gonna admit their fault).
I think this is my last time I haddaway with nVidia, after 6months or so, I am going to switch to Radeon.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Iball is much better than other cheap brands like Frontech, Bitech, etc.
No...

I have this same problem , a black screen appears with "NO SIGNAL" error from the monitor, and I am forced to restart the whole machine.
I don't think its a case of bad PSU, I got Coolermaster GX750watt still i get this problem, tomorrow I am gonna replace my card for a may be non-ti version if they let me.

Classic case of Badly manufactured GPUs or drivers:)x whatever, I dont think they are even gonna admit their fault).
I think this is my last time I haddaway with nVidia, after 6months or so, I am going to switch to Radeon.
On CoolerMaster (refresh) - Overclock.net - Overclocking.net

Your PSU isn't a good one either. Should be labeled to a 450w unit.

Cooler Master GX 750 W Power Supply Review | Hardware Secrets

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
To all who are having "No Signal" error. Please try this: Crashing/Graphical Issues Fixed! GTX 560 Ti - Forums - World of Warcraft

Instead of WOW, select the game you have issues with. A friend who works for Alienware tech support told that this solves the issue- if not then uninstall the driver, use the drivesweeper, install the stable driver and then do the step above.

OminX

The solution mentioned at the WOW forum was also no joy.
I have the same problem as earlier mentioned: a black screen after a few minutes of playing Assassin's Creed or BP4F and only a hard reboot will bring my pc to life again. I already exchanged my Zotac 560 ti (ZT-50301-10M) for another one because of this problem. But it has the same problem!
I also tried the cards in two different pc's:

[PC1]
CPU: AMD AThlon II X4 955
MB: Gigabyte GA-MA790X-UD4P
Memory: Geil 4GB DDR2 PC6400
PSU: Corsair TX650
Display: Dell U2311H (via DVI and DisplayPort)
HDD (System): SSD Intel 510 120GB

[PC2]
CPU: Intel Core2Duo E6850
MB: Gigabyte GA-P35C-DS3R
Memory: Kingston 4GB DDR2 PC5300
PSU: CoolerMaster SilentPro 500
Display: Dell U2311H (DVI and VGA)
HDD (System): 2x 250GB Seagate ST3250410AS Raid 0

Both are very stable systems. Any suggestions?

Amithansda

Journeyman
I think you should talk with ur dealer immediately , I did too.
At first they were not taking responsibilities and tried to replace the card with another one GTX560Ti, but I managed to replace mine with Sapphire 6870HD,I think it doesn't score up to GTX,stillI got a stable solution .

baccilus

Cyborg Agent
I just ordered this same card as I saw this thread just now. Is everyone having this problem with this card?

Amithansda

Journeyman
I just ordered this same card as I saw this thread just now. Is everyone having this problem with this card?

Seems like many folks around the globe are having issues with GTX560TI card..I did have a Zotac Factory clocked card but returned it, and there is a useful nVidia forum link mentioned below where they discussed about this issue.
GTX 560 Ti: Having issues or not? - NVIDIA Forums

But, seriously People who have this card at best its performance are saying
that it is one the best cards available in the market. Best of Luck with your shipment.

LegendKiller

In the zone
I am having the same issue with gtx 250 and alas as soon as i started using the on-board graphic card of mobo, the problem is gone......

I had problem even in using the computer properly........my screen used to go blank even while normal browsing.....

Dunno what to do, everyone says that graphic-card cannot be repaired...

Top Bottom