Zone Alarm required after WIN XP SP2

Status
Not open for further replies.

//siddhartha//

Stabbing my shoe
Hi! Guys, formerly, I used only WIN XP HOME and for a secuirty firewall, I used ZoneAlarm.. But, after I hve installed SP2 on my WIN XP HOME with its own firewall, do I need to keep Zone Alarm? I hve uninstalled it and am currently using the WINDOWS FIREWALL.. I update my comp. regularly.. Is Zone Alarm necessary now ?? :?:

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
The windows firewall is not strong enough I personaly have disabled the windows firewall and am using Zone Alarm. I think zone alarm is better and more trusted than the windows firewall.

digen

Youngling
Both work quite differently.I would say it would depend on your requirement.
If you have a fair knowledge about what goes at the application level & have full control over applications that are running on your then the sp2 firewall should suffice your needs.
But in case apart from the inbound protection you need outbound protection(protection from apps trying to access or connect to the outside world. ie the internet then you are better off with a more robust firewall like zone alarm which offers both ie inbound as well as outbound protection.
SP2 firewall lacks in this regard since it offers only inbound protection.
Hope this helps.

godsownman

Padawan
Better Go for it .

XPSP2 firewall is not very strong and it can have loop holes in it .

Zone alarm is strong and offers 100% protetion

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Windows sp2 blocks only outgoing traffic, not incoming, so get zone alarm or kerio

Zone alarm:
*www.zonelabs.com/products/za/

Kerio:
*www.kerio.com/us/kpf_download.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom