Zebronics Antibiotics Cabinet-Need Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

fordac

Be The Best
Hi friends,

I have a Zebronics Antibiotic Cabinet and is it possible for me to connect 2 SMPS in it. Also i would like to know whether the Zebronics pro series SMPS are providing True Power. Is it advisable to use 2 normal SMPS for a system or should i opt for a Pro series SMPS because i am planning to buy a PALIT 9800GT 1GB graphics card and my friends say that i need a separate power connector for the card so my friend suggested me to buy an additional SMPS or to use any pro series SMPS which cost an additional Rs.3000. I dont want to spend too much. So Please help me....i am totally confused.

Last edited:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Why on earth would you want to use 2 SMPS? If you want to buy a 9800GT then probably the connector which would be needed for it would be a 6-pin PCI-E connector. If your current PSU doesn't have that then it's better to get rid of it & then go in for a new one. Better invest in a Corsair VX450 to be secured. At present it's priced around 3.9k.

OP
fordac

fordac

Be The Best
Why on earth would you want to use 2 SMPS? If you want to buy a 9800GT then probably the connector which would be needed for it would be a 6-pin PCI-E connector. If your current PSU doesn't have that then it's better to get rid of it & then go in for a new one. Better invest in a Corsair VX450 to be secured. At present it's priced around 3.9k.

Well the reason is i don't want to buy a expensive SMPS like Corsair as i have already planned to buy a graphics card which costs around 10k. So adding this would cost me another 3.9K as you have mentioned. So instead of buying a new Corsair VX450 SMPS i could use another 450W normal SMPS (which costs only Rs.450) and power up my graphics card or use it for the in-built fans of my cabinet (By default my cabinet has 3 additional fans so it kinda takes all the power sockets) and use a 6-pin PCI-E converter connector (which comes along with the graphics card) to power up the 9800GT. What is your opinion on this????

So instead of buying a new Corsair VX450 SMPS i could use another 450W normal SMPS (which costs only Rs.450)

Don't do that. They're not true ratings. You might get around 300W if you buy a 450W rated SMPS for Rs.450.

Don't compromise on the SMPS. Remember that it powers everything in your computer. If your components don't get sufficient power, they'll all get spoilt. Not worth saving 3K in order to go for a cheap SMPS in my opinion.

OP
fordac

fordac

Be The Best
Don't do that. They're not true ratings. You might get around 300W if you buy a 450W rated SMPS for Rs.450.

Don't compromise on the SMPS. Remember that it powers everything in your computer. If your components don't get sufficient power, they'll all get spoilt. Not worth saving 3K in order to go for a cheap SMPS in my opinion.

Oh...i didn't know that. Thanks for the information. And So i think i have to settle down buying a new Cooler master or a corsair SMPS.

Suggest me a SMPS that gives the best power for my new PALiT 9800GT 1GB Super graphics card, also it must have a SATA power connectors.

vampiredevil

Hell is Ma PlayGround
u can try gettin Cooler Master RS-500-PCARA3...It will cost you around 2.8k.
And you will have lot of sata connectors pins along with it :-D

Cheers,
Anup

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
For 2.8k and CM 500w extreme :p.
Better off with cm 460w extreme plus. extreme versions have 70% efficiency tested on 25 degrees celcius of operational temps whereas extreme plus is 70% efficiency tested on 40 degrees operational temps. If you can get a hold of FSP foxtron OEM version of VIP Silver 500w, that's a better option since it has active pfc. For a little more money you are much better with cx400 for 3.2k.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom