Yuphoria Vs Redmi 2

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
I have used a Redmi 1S, which is excellent. So, Redmi 2 would be even better.

But Yuphoria has excellent specifications... better than Redmi 2. Buy it based on that...

I would personally vote for Redmi 2. I have it and its great. expect for the white back, but now its also available in grey. I don't like the phail flash design and the YU logo placement and also the overall appeal of the phone. It would be great if your friend could get hands on. CM 12s also attracts attention.

ashs1

Padawan
as far as specs are concerned, yuphoria is better than redmi 2..looks wise yuphoria is a winner as well.
where it loses points is the software. Despite having CM12, it has few bugs just like yureka. Now, if your friend plans on rooting it, then go ahead with yuphoria as you have workaround for these bugs after rooting..otherwise, redmi 2 is more stable.
Also, Redmi 2 has much better camera than yuphoria..
A 2GB version of the redmi 2 (enhanced ) is also going to release very soon.

ashs1

Padawan
cant wait, must order by tomorrow.. guess yuphoria wins ? what bugs in particular can upoint out

incosistent double tap to wake.
some issues with the proximity sensor.
very average camera performance while using flash( causing pinkish photos)
Heats up quickly with mediocre usage which further causes battery results.

note that these bugs are already confirmed by the YU Team (in forums) & apparently, they are trying to fix them & might release the bug-fix update post testing.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Yuphoria,
their after sales better than Xiaomi ,
CM>>>MIUI
Xiaomi overheats
Exmor sensor on Yuphoria is a major plus as well

The bugs are supposedly easily fixed by root as mentioned before

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
I really don't care about exmor or any other sensor after the camera performance of my 1S. Not overstating, but Xiaomi has really put one of the best camera in a budget phone.

Overheat, no, it doesn't. It used to when it was launched 9 months back, but was solved within a month.

For me, 2GB RAM and ASS are the things to consider in favour of Yu, otherwise Redmi triumphs in other aspects.

baiju

Ambassador of Buzz
Also consider Lenovo A6000 plus. Absolutely no heating unlike Redmi. Battery lasts upto 1.5 days with moderate net browsing and occasional gaming. It is also light weight. The camera quality is not as good as redmi and gps signal reception is not good.

terminal

Broken In
As ashs1 if you have plan to root your device then go for yuphoria most of the bugs is solved in cyanogenmod nightlies 12.1 and a custom kernel like god will make your day. So hands up for yuphoria

Last edited:
OP
Nerevarine

Nerevarine

Incarnate
damn it, still no conclusion :/ Redmi 2 price is too enticing, as this is a gift and i could save a lot of bucks :p but i dont want to compromise on anything

what about ASS of Redmi 2 ?

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
I really don't care about exmor or any other sensor after the camera performance of my 1S. Not overstating, but Xiaomi has really put one of the best camera in a budget phone.

1s had an exmor sensor too actually
the redmi 2 doesnt apparently from what ive heard

- - - Updated - - -

Also consider Lenovo A6000 plus. Absolutely no heating unlike Redmi. Battery lasts upto 1.5 days with moderate net browsing and occasional gaming. It is also light weight. The camera quality is not as good as redmi and gps signal reception is not good.

true but Lenovo's real issues are camera and poor software

- - - Updated - - -

damn it, still no conclusion :/ Redmi 2 price is too enticing, as this is a gift and i could save a lot of bucks :p but i dont want to compromise on anything

what about ASS of Redmi 2 ?

its a steal at the price no doubt but each of these phones lacks something that the other possesses so choose carefully depending on the person

- - - Updated - - -

Redmi 2 and lenovo have no backlit buttons .

he can root and add on screen buttons :p

Top Bottom