Yu Yureka vs Moto E

GamerSlayer

ProdiGeek
Guys, I know that there hasn't been a lot of information about the yu yureka but I know that there are some tech veterans here who can judge a phone by taking a look at its specs and a short video. I am in a position to buy a phone under 10k and so I have short listed these two phones. FYI, I mainly chose Yureka cos it has CM and I am an avid lover of it and am running CM12 on my grand!

P.S. If anyone has a oneplus one invite to spare, it would be of great help since my brother has promised me one if I manage to score well in my finals! I started looking for other phones cos I wasn't sure if I'd get one invite but if I do, it's straight up oneplus one!

A

amit.tiger12

Guys, I know that there hasn't been a lot of information about the yu yureka but I know that there are some tech veterans here who can judge a phone by taking a look at its specs and a short video. I am in a position to buy a phone under 10k and so I have short listed these two phones. FYI, I mainly chose Yureka cos it has CM and I am an avid lover of it and am running CM12 on my grand!

P.S. If anyone has a oneplus one invite to spare, it would be of great help since my brother has promised me one if I manage to score well in my finals! I started looking for other phones cos I wasn't sure if I'd get one invite but if I do, it's straight up oneplus one!

Yureka best in that price. For review tune in CNBC Awaz, Tech Guru on TV Fri, Jan 09 05:30 PM.
CM12 hmm good. Then its exclusively for you only.
Moto E is old device, not that good enough considering only price. it's for brand specific mobile buyer. hexa core in 10000 rs segment this will be new trend in 2015 year. So wait and watch.
Oneplus one will be sold with color OS not with cm, so better don't waste more money. And best of luck for finals.
I suggest you to first clear your exam, then buy mobile. New device will surely distract you, considering that previously you used GRAND :)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
performance wise, Yureka doesn't have any kind of competition upto 15k. Snapdragon 615 comes really close to Snapdragon 800/801, the ones powering the likes of One Plus One or Nexus 5 at the cheapest. But with budget price comes compromises:
1. you know MMX's after sale service is a big joke.
2. yureka is a rebranded coolpad mobile. coolpad is a major OEM. still questionable about durability.
3. CM12 out of the box but really doubt yureka is going to receive timely update. though at 10k only some selected mobiles has received major update.
4. battery life will most likely be not so great.

on the other hand Moto E is ancient and for now its best to completely ignore it. Moto E 2nd gen should appear this month but spec wise it is no where near Yureka but should be more durable and ship with Android 5.0 out of the box just like rest of the Moto series. Here are the specs from early leaks:
4.5" 540X960 display (yureka has 5.5" 1280X720)
same 5MP camera without flash or front cam (may include in final product)
Snapdragon 410 + 1GB ram
4G was absent but as Motorola stated they'll be bringing budget 4G phones early this year so Moto E may have 4G out of the box.
Android 5.0
priced around 6-7k

decide yourself. but AFAIK, yureka will be sold in flash sales just like Xiaomi. and with limited stock, grabbing one won't be anything short of winning a lottery.

Minion

Conversation Architect
I would say wait for Asus Pegasus X002 though i am not sure when they will launch it in india but it is worth waiting for.
Link
Asus Pegasus X002 smartphone with 64-bit Soc launched in China

If you can't wait then you can get Yu but service is questionable.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
^^it has a mediatek chipset,not worth it imho when yureka and moto are available in the same range

rish1

Cyborg Agent
performance wise, Yureka doesn't have any kind of competition upto 15k. Snapdragon 615 comes really close to Snapdragon 800/801, the ones powering the likes of One Plus One or Nexus 5 at the cheapest

its not that powerful..CPU is more or less close to Mediatek octa 6592 ..
and gpu is close to Adreno 320

SD800 is still miles ahead..

Also cyanogen has promised source code for yureka.. if this gets source code at least it will be supported for a long time unofficially..

best thing is to wait ,there will be so many options to choose from by feb end..

if you want an alternative to yureka then it will be redmi note 2 .. same performance with bigger battery

Last edited:

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Instead of moto e, Xiaomi Redmi 1s would be better (source code has been released recently and has some kitkat based roms already available). Moto E has crap camera, except that the phone is good.

Yu Yureka is a risky purchase, though I'm willing to try it out too.

rish1

Cyborg Agent
Instead of moto e, Xiaomi Redmi 1s would be better (source code has been released recently and has some kitkat based roms already available). Moto E has crap camera, except that the phone is good.

Yu Yureka is a risky purchase, though I'm willing to try it out too.

then wait for redmi note 2 .. announcement is on 15 jan .. but availability in india .. only hugo barra knows

for someone who is on less budget .. 1 more good alternative to moto E(2nd gen ) and redmi 2s will be lenovo K3 ( flash sale )

Lenovo K3 - Full phone specifications

Lenovo?s affordable 4G smartphone likely to be exclusively available on Flipkart in India | Latest Tech News, Video & Photo Reviews at BGR India

Last edited:

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
avoid Lenovo,they dont release source and their stock idea desktop rom is pathetic
on the hardware and build quality front,they are pretty good though

OP
GamerSlayer

GamerSlayer

ProdiGeek
I have no ideas of buying it until March since my exams are ending then! And thank you [MENTION=796]amit[/MENTION].tiger! So I think I will have enough time to see the developments. But other than that, what do you guys think the yureka will turn out to be other than battery backup and software updates which I can manually do through xda if it's source code is released? And [MENTION=300899]rish1[/MENTION], I think these are pretty beastly specs considering it's just 9000! Though I have no idea on how it is going to perform.

Minion

Conversation Architect
I would say wait Asus is going to release good phones with better hardware.

- - - Updated - - -

^^it has a mediatek chipset,not worth it imho when yureka and moto are available in the same range

Which moto Phones you are taking about moto E is crap compared to these phones while moto g 2014 is above his budget and service of yu is still questionable.

A

amit.tiger12

Everybody talks about service.. But how you define service? and talking about service in India.. No one is sure, even if he/she buy the phone and will get good service. Almost every service center is headache..
Just to tell you one thing. If you use your phone properly, you use what you are provided with like a normal user, then why to bother about services..
My brother is still using LG Optimus net dual P698, bought 2 years ago, and he is happy with it, and phone is good no scratch nothing...
My point is if use properly so no need to worry about after sale service...

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
I would say wait Asus is going to release good phones with better hardware.

- - - Updated - - -

Which moto Phones you are taking about moto E is crap compared to these phones while moto g 2014 is above his budget and service of yu is still questionable.

define crap,Moto E is a good phone for those who dont want the extra bells and whistles and want total piece of mind on a budget

- - - Updated - - -

Everybody talks about service.. But how you define service? and talking about service in India.. No one is sure, even if he/she buy the phone and will get good service. Almost every service center is headache..
Just to tell you one thing. If you use your phone properly, you use what you are provided with like a normal user, then why to bother about services..
My brother is still using LG Optimus net dual P698, bought 2 years ago, and he is happy with it, and phone is good no scratch nothing...
My point is if use properly so no need to worry about after sale service...

Your views are very true but sadly OEMs these days push poor quality hardware into India so however careful we are,problems will still arise
its always best to have atleast some amount of ASS to fall back on (no pun intended :D :p )

For example,dell(or even apple) laptops,sure Lenovo has better specs and is cheaper and slimmer etc but the "overpriced" Dell is easier to get parts for , in the future if needed and parts are cheap and readily available in comparison
Im a very careful user myself,just like my grandad,but our gadgets always seem to have some issue or the other whereas my other family members with the same product have no issues at all despite careless and rough usage
theres no saying/no guarantee that two units of the same product at the same time,will remain fine

- - - Updated - - -

I have no ideas of buying it until March since my exams are ending then! And thank you [MENTION=796]amit[/MENTION].tiger! So I think I will have enough time to see the developments. But other than that, what do you guys think the yureka will turn out to be other than battery backup and software updates which I can manually do through xda if it's source code is released? And [MENTION=300899]rish1[/MENTION], I think these are pretty beastly specs considering it's just 9000! Though I have no idea on how it is going to perform.

check out the upcoming asus zenfone ,its amazing for its price and has 4gb ram with an intel atom chipset

OP
GamerSlayer

GamerSlayer

ProdiGeek
I've never thought of Asus. My ONE principle while buying phones : No custom UI/ROM. Hate the TouchWiz too. I need a phone that has CM or stock android. And Asus might not be a good one there, though there will always be unofficial support but I guess if these updates go officially, the task gets much easier.

Minion

Conversation Architect
Buddy CM is not bug free Asus Zen UI is awesome just audition in asus showrooms you will know how premium they feels and how smooth UI is.
My suggestion wait for Zenphone 2 may be available here for 12k I am not sure about. Asus Pegasus too is a very good budget phone.

- - - Updated - - -

define crap,Moto E is a good phone for those who dont want the extra bells and whistles and want total piece of mind on a budget

I don't agree with you.I agree it was best phone for price when it was released but now compared to upcomming phone it is crap lack of autofocus rear camera lack of front camera.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Buddy CM is not bug free Asus Zen UI is awesome just audition in asus showrooms you will know how premium they feels and how smooth UI is.
My suggestion wait for Zenphone 2 may be available here for 12k I am not sure about. Asus Pegasus too is a very good budget phone.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't agree with you.I agree it was best phone for price when it was released but now compared to upcomming phone it is crap lack of autofocus camera lack of front camera.

still doesnt make it crap
specs dont always make up a phone,the build quality on the Moto E is arguably superior to most other handsets
its still a viable option for those who need a phone like that
if it was a phone with very underperforming hardware,poor build,poor after sales ,poor update system etc it would have been a crap phone but it isnt

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
I think it is best if OP revives this thread once he gets over his exam. He won't be buying one till march at least and by then quite a new phones will land, announced or unannounced.

Asus has partly followed Samsung theming A-to-Z AOSP apps and branding it as "Asus" propitiatory apps. Agreed some of the added features are great and the UI is really snappy but is not refined. I hope Asus limits itself to theming only the necessary apps without messing too much with the system but from what they have already done, the result is mixed.

I don't agree with you.I agree it was best phone for price when it was released but now compared to upcomming phone it is crap lack of autofocus rear camera lack of front camera.

should soon be replaced with a non-crap 2nd gen Moto E for same price. but if check current market, most tier 1 brand still have similar h/w: Sony, LG, Samsung, Nokia. HTC has disappeared. only due to brands like Lenovo, Xiaomi and the local brands, Moto E feel like an ancient piece of h/w.

OP
GamerSlayer

GamerSlayer

ProdiGeek
I have to accept that moto e has an excellent build quality. I am usually really careful with phones that feel delicate, (Just like Grand) but moto e doesn't come into that category. I throw a phone onto my bed when I'm done using them ONLY if the phone seems sturdy to me, which in this case is a feeling I believe can only be found in moto e as a budget phone. Right now, I gave my Grand to my dad since he needed a phone with dual sim and I am using iPhone 3GS. Amazon says that the registrations for yureka have been closed for the 12 Jan sale. So a lot of reviews will be flowing in soon!

A

amit.tiger12

For yureka review, desi review, tune in to Tech Guru, CNBC Awaaz tomorrow.
I can surely tell you that, 1 GB ram is not enough, and 8 GB internal memory also, even snapdragon 200 (dual core) is not that good, (dad's phone), but still Moto E is good buy because low cost with "good" brand. (I hate this brand because of Nexus 6)
My brother is using Huawei Honor Holly, Mediatek MT6582 quad core, but Clash of clan game response late, UI is responsive. No future updates, nothing. Only quad core mobile.
Even my friend's Moto G 1st gen, ui responsive, game works good but sometimes something happens to games..

So make proper decisions. Right choice of hardware, software, price, service, future. :)

Since it has CM, i doubt future support would be an issue. I think it's just too good a phone at 9k. I expected it to be priced around 12-14k when i read about its specs.
I'm planning to get it for my dad in near future

Top Bottom