Your Gaming Backlog/Progress Report!

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
^ I had other games to play Half-Life, Prince of Persia, Splinter Cell, IGI, Warcraft 3,... :) All those were more fun than GTA for me.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Am I the only one who don't like GTA games :(
I had tried to play Vice City and San Andreas back in the day, quit at 40% completion since I got bored.
I managed to complete GTA 5 because they finally added save checkpoints in missions and anywhere save feature.
Yeah, me too never liked any GTA games....Played Vice City once but only for an hour and didn't like..may be the open-world concept was not as per my liking at that time.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
I still didn't complete IGI. I remember I reached last stage but couldn't finish cause it was so hard. I decided That was the last FPS Shooter game I would play cause playing IGI was so stressful, I decided to stick to racing and FIFA games. After several years I decided to give one last try to this genre with IGI 2 and couldn't even complete Stage 1. And that was THE last of this genre.

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
Yeah, me too never liked any GTA games....Played Vice City once but only for an hour and didn't like..may be the open-world concept was not as per my liking at that time.

The open world wasn't the problem for me. But basically every mission was like this: You drive to the mission starting spot which take 1-10 minutes depending on your location. Then you watch a cutscene that overuses the word f**k in dialogues. San Andreas probably holds the Guinness world record for overuse of the word f**k. Then you drive to another area and then watch another cutscene. Then you have to shoot some people or pickup a box and place it another place and stuff like that. One thing that annoyed me here was that the game's hint for controls is displayed in a corner while you are already in a combat situation and it disappears before you could even read the whole thing. Then you watch another cutscene. Then you drive to another area. You watch another cutscene and mission ends. In Vice City and SA, if you screwed up at the last 1% of mission progress you would have to do the whole thing again. Also the controls weren't really optimised for KB/M I guess. I think I rage quit at some RC helicopter mission. I wasn't liking the game from the start the RC helicopter mission was the tipping point. Thank god GTA V had save checkpoints.

Then again the top 3 things I liked in GTA V was:
1. Did someone say yoga mission: First of all I wasn't expecting you would have to actually perform yoga in a GTA game. And the dialogues hilariously matched yoga.

2. Kifflom mission: This mission pretty much summarizes the game. Everyone in the world of GTA is trying to take advantage of you. And all you could do is steal from them. This mission is one of the few missions that actually gives the player some choice without it being fully scripted.

3. Golf: Just pure no nonsense, not scripted gameplay.

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
I still didn't complete IGI. I remember I reached last stage but couldn't finish cause it was so hard. I decided That was the last FPS Shooter game I would play cause playing IGI was so stressful, I decided to stick to racing and FIFA games. After several years I decided to give one last try to this genre with IGI 2 and couldn't even complete Stage 1. And that was THE last of this genre.

Oh yeah I remember the last mission of IGI was brutally hard. IGI 2 was easy in comparison. It also gave you 5 manual saves for each mission.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Oh yeah I remember the last mission of IGI was brutally hard. IGI 2 was easy in comparison. It also gave you 5 manual saves for each mission.
Someone said the same thing and that's why I decided to try IGI2. After this I realised I am really bad in FPS shooters. I would not complete this game even if get 30 lives like Contra!

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
Someone said the same thing and that's why I decided to try IGI2. After this I realised I am really bad in FPS shooters. I would not complete this game even if get 30 lives like Contra!

IGI isn't exactly a FPS shooter. It's a tactical game. You study the environment and then make your move preferably in stealth.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Completed main story of Arkham Knight (says 120% complete ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ). The game is good. Would play DLCs next.

Hoping they make a sequel despite the game's ending. Never thought Batman would actually get unmasked.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Has anyone played Shadow Warrior 2013? There is a weird bug which is making the character's movements and attacks very fast but everything else is normal. Couldn't find a solution anywhere else.
Completed Modern Warfare 3. Might start Witcher 2 or check if I can fix Shadow Warrior's super speed bug.
Somehow, the issue isn't there when I try others' game saves. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
So, restarted the game to see see if it comes back on my saves.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

Same case of IGI :D but I tried them back to back BTW, I can't even play FIFA because the control system is too much complex to me but I can live happily with any other fps, tps, some arcade and racing games though. For sports title WWE is easy to me.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Playing Return To Castle Wolfenstein ( GoG Version ) with RealRTCW mod - mod is needed for playing in HD and the mod creators did a fine job.
RealRTCW mod for Return To Castle Wolfenstein

Top Bottom