Your Gaming Backlog/Progress Report!

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Started Far Cry 3. Didn't expect it to be so poorly optimized. It seems that 1080p60 on high is a pipe dream (Arkham knight ran at >100 fps mostly). Now I know why Ubisoft gets so much hate.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
:( Not playing any PC games since 2 weeks. Because, I am hooked on to Skyforce: Reloaded.

If any you has the game installed in your device, then you can PM me your SFR ID so that I can add you as friend :)

Started Far Cry 3. Didn't expect it to be so poorly optimized. It seems that 1080p60 on high is a pipe dream (Arkham knight ran at >100 fps mostly). Now I know why Ubisoft gets so much hate.
I never faced any optimization issues while playing on my HD5770 card. Perhaps you can patch it to the latest version.

chimera201

Wise Old Owl

I remember Far Cry 3 running and looking better than Tomb Raider 2013.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
:( Not playing any PC games since 2 weeks. Because, I am hooked on to Skyforce: Reloaded.

If any you has the game installed in your device, then you can PM me your SFR ID so that I can add you as friend :)

I never faced any optimization issues while playing on my HD5770 card. Perhaps you can patch it to the latest version.
Downloaded it yesterday on steam only. Would search some more about possible fixes. I am running it on DX11 for now.
I remember Far Cry 3 running and looking better than Tomb Raider 2013.
It sure looks better but I was able to run TR2013 >120fps at 1080p high.

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
Was set to 2x.

Tried it on DX9, now it finally crossed 100 fps mark and dips to around 60-70 in heavy vegetation areas.

Something is obviously wrong since it can hit 60fps on a GTX 970 easily. Try setting power consumption to max performance in NCP.
*tpucdn.com/review/gigabyte-geforce-gtx-980-g1-gaming/images/farcry3_1920_1080.gif
Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 Gaming 4 GB Review

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Something is obviously wrong since it can hit 60fps on a GTX 970 easily. Try setting power consumption to max performance in NCP.
*tpucdn.com/review/gigabyte-geforce-gtx-980-g1-gaming/images/farcry3_1920_1080.gif
Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 Gaming 4 GB Review
Wow, changing that actually worked :thumbs:

Edit: Also, tried removing limits on Turbo Boost which made it shoot above 120 fps on 1080p high 4x AA for the first time. Might try with unrestricted turbo next time.

Last edited:

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Started playing F1 2019. This is the first release I'm playing in many years for an F1 mode.

The game is absolutely amazing. Playing in directX 12 mode and it looks so good. The career mode with F2 is great. Love the sounds of the game. Not to mention the various "classic" cars available in the game make it that much sweeter. It has Micheal Schumacher's F2004. The raw sounds from the engine of the car take me back to my childhood.

Sent from my vivo 1807 using Tapatalk

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Wow, changing that actually worked :thumbs:

Edit: Also, tried removing limits on Turbo Boost which made it shoot above 120 fps on 1080p high 4x AA for the first time. Might try with unrestricted turbo next time.

Is this for CPU or GPU ?

Top Bottom