Your Gaming Backlog/Progress Report!

Completed Spiderman Miles Morales - good game, its more like a big story DLC to Spiderman Remastered with same map but is a good story indeed with high intensity action scenes. Swinging around & combat is very satisfying.

Sadly it might be years before we can play Spiderman 2 on PC.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Finished Jedi: Fallen Order. Took around 32 hours to complete.

The game is very similar to Sekiro and if you play it you can see where the inspiration for the gameplay came from.

not saying they are hard but got boring for me
Outside of one puzzle which takes a bit long I found most of them to be fairly quick, so you just finish them and move on.

Finished Jedi: Fallen Order. Took around 32 hours to complete.

The game is very similar to Sekiro and if you play it you can see where the inspiration for the gameplay came from.

Outside of one puzzle which takes a bit long I found most of them to be fairly quick, so you just finish them and move on.
Even I found the puzzles & some parts bit boring in Jedi Fallen Order but was a good game overall.

Sekiro - I didn't like it myself, stopped playing in an hour. Just another difficult game.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
I died so many times in Sekiro during the lady butterfly boss fight. Almost thought of giving up. But succeeded finally

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I finished it two times. Might give it another go if I am in the mood. It's an interesting evolution of the Souls formula.

Though Jedi: Fallen Order is much more forgiving than Sekiro as you don't die as easily if you plan your approach. Personally I liked the environment and enemy design. There is also plenty of fan-service for fans of Star Wars. For example, Saw Gerrera from Rogue One makes an appearance. The game is set sometime between episode 3 and Rogue One movies.

Also, awesome lightsaber combat.

quicky008

Technomancer
Anyone tried last of us pc version? Is it really as bad as the reviews indicate? Reportedly its really difficult to run with high textures unless one has a gpu with at least 12gb or more vram.

Anyone tried last of us pc version? Is it really as bad as the reviews indicate? Reportedly its really difficult to run with high textures unless one has a gpu with at least 12gb or more vram.
Yes

Poor optimisation & I can't even keep textures at high at 1440p DLSS quality (close 1080p render resolution) as 8GB VRAM gets filled up easily. 3rd game after FH5 & Hogwarts where 8GB VRAM doesn't cut it. I get like ~70fps avg with fps drops to 50 in some areas at medium 1440p DLSS quality.

Shader compilation took 40mins, I had changed the oo2core file before first run.

quicky008

Technomancer
i wonder how 6 and 4 gb cards will fare in this title,given that even 8gb gpus are struggling to run it. Most mainstream gpus still have between 4-8 gb vram and they should have optimized it properly before release to eliminate such massive vram requirements.

some people are saying that its natural for the game to demand high amounts of vram as its reportedly a port of the ps5 version,and ps5 has 13gb of vram for visuals-but this is just a really stupid excuse-when releasing a game for a different platform,either release it properly or dont release at all.This will only leave a bad taste in everyones mouths.

Going forward,will such massive vram requirements become the norm in newer titles?if its really the case then it seems all 6/8 gb cards will become completely worthless,incl. the 8 gb 3070s and 3060 tis due to their vram constraints. I really wish i had bought the 12gb 3060 instead of the 3060 ti last year-atleast the former can run TLOU pc version at high settings without any glitches (due to having a 12gb frame buffer).

i wonder how 6 and 4 gb cards will fare in this title,given that even 8gb gpus are struggling to run it. Most mainstream gpus still have between 4-8 gb vram and they should have optimized it properly before release to eliminate such massive vram requirements.

some people are saying that its natural for the game to demand high amounts of vram as its reportedly a port of the ps5 version,and ps5 has 13gb of vram for visuals-but this is just a really stupid excuse-when releasing a game for a different platform,either release it properly or dont release at all.This will only leave a bad taste in everyones mouths.

Going forward,will such massive vram requirements become the norm in newer titles?if its really the case then it seems all 6/8 gb cards will become completely worthless,incl. the 8 gb 3070s and 3060 tis due to their vram constraints. I really wish i had bought the 12gb 3060 instead of the 3060 ti last year-atleast the former can run TLOU pc version at high settings without any glitches (due to having a 12gb frame buffer).
From what I remember, PS5 has 16GB VRAM which acts as RAM + GPU VRAM for games. But in PC, the game is using more than 16GB of RAM + VRAM, like RAM usage seems to be ~13GB + ~6.5GB VRAM (1.2GB used by OS). So overall poor optimisation. 12GB 3060 is bad, alternative to 3060Ti/3070 are 6700XT/6750XT.

When I made my purchase, 6700XT was more expensive than my 3070, so was a no brainer to get 3070 as it performs better as well. I think since Q3 2022, 6700XT has been priced similar or lower than 3060Ti.

With UE5 games, likely VRAM requirements will be high. 8GB might become staple for 1080p. Guess, I will upgrade GPU because of lack of VRAM, rather than lack of raw performance.

quicky008

Technomancer
Is there any way to play the game using an xbox controller? I tried using it but the game was unplayable. Has any controller fix been released officially?

quicky008

Technomancer
From what I remember, PS5 has 16GB VRAM which acts as RAM + GPU VRAM for games. But in PC, the game is using more than 16GB of RAM + VRAM, like RAM usage seems to be ~13GB + ~6.5GB VRAM (1.2GB used by OS). So overall poor optimisation. 12GB 3060 is bad, alternative to 3060Ti/3070 are 6700XT/6750XT.

When I made my purchase, 6700XT was more expensive than my 3070, so was a no brainer to get 3070 as it performs better as well. I think since Q3 2022, 6700XT has been priced similar or lower than 3060Ti.

With UE5 games, likely VRAM requirements will be high. 8GB might become staple for 1080p. Guess, I will upgrade GPU because of lack of VRAM, rather than lack of raw performance.
How about arc A770? Doesn't it have 16gb memory?

Top Bottom