Yamaha's 4 new Bikes

Status
Not open for further replies.

phreak0ut

The Thread Killer >:)
Now more people doing drag races and eventually.... reaching 'Yama'ha-lok :D Lot of people died riding the super slim, great pickup RX100. What an amazing bike. Except for the sound(on a very rashly driven bike), it ROCKS!!

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
here is a confirmed news from dealer:

OTR price: 1 lakh
BHP: 17

now who is spending 1 lakh on a 17 bhp bike

OP
s18000rpm

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
How else do you expect them to get 20bhp out of a 150cc engine? Since you are quite into motorsport, I believe you understand how the relation between rpm and bhp exists. Take for instance Formula1 engines, they are just around 4K-5K cc, like any normal C Class Merc benz, but the difference is, F1 cars rpm are at insanely high 22K-30K compared to the 5-8K for the same engine cars,

However, comparing the price, I would go for a Pulsar220 which has better milage, higher cc and same bhp at 8500rpm instead of approx 1000rpm for yamaha.
i was amazed coz its a 150cc bike & they've red lined it at 12k rpm.:D

btw bout F1 cars, they have 2.4litre (2400cc) engine & max out at 19000rpm (+/-1000rpm) & give out 800bhp.

getting high rpm is easy, the bore's dimension has to be bigger than stroke.
lesser stroke more the rpm you can build on.

about bajaj, ther's no refinement at all, especialy in g-box.

ride any honda, the shift is positive & smoooooooooth:D

i still fail to get the pulsar 180 into neutral in traffic:x:)), but in my friend's honda unicorn, its so easy.

thats the only reason i hate bajaj, they're not focussing on refinement:x, but compared to the first edition of pulsar, the current pulsar's engine , g-box are waay way better.

Suzuki wil come up with a 150+cc bike soon, then honda wil join Yamaha in performance bikes, bajaj will again be left behind, Bajaj, you need to do LOTS of R&D on pulsar's engine & g-box.

Cyrus_the_virus

Unmountable Boot Volume
i was amazed coz its a 150cc bike & they've red lined it at 12k rpm.:D

btw bout F1 cars, they have 2.4litre (2400cc) engine & max out at 19000rpm (+/-1000rpm) & give out 800bhp.

getting high rpm is easy, the bore's dimension has to be bigger than stroke.
lesser stroke more the rpm you can build on.

about bajaj, ther's no refinement at all, especialy in g-box.

ride any honda, the shift is positive & smoooooooooth:D

i still fail to get the pulsar 180 into neutral in traffic:x:)), but in my friend's honda unicorn, its so easy.

thats the only reason i hate bajaj, they're not focussing on refinement:x, but compared to the first edition of pulsar, the current pulsar's engine , g-box are waay way better.

Suzuki wil come up with a 150+cc bike soon, then honda wil join Yamaha in performance bikes, bajaj will again be left behind, Bajaj, you need to do LOTS of R&D on pulsar's engine & g-box.

Actually, there has been quite a lot of R&D done that has led to the birth of the DTS-Fi's. Honestly, if you look at any other Indian bike manufacturer, no one has been able to refine, refresh and innovate their product line so much. For sure Bajaj's R&D is not upto the levels of R&D of Yamaha or Suzuki or Honda. Those are international brands with years of R&D research from decades long. But the most R&D done by any bike in India is Bajaj. I remember, 3 months after I got my 180, they had called me up inviting me to 180 pulsar owners exclusive feedback meet. They took a lot of feedback from those kind of meetings. Infact, I was so proud of Bajaj that a company calls up it's consumer to help it develop it's products. This doesn't happen with Indian brands.

Ofcourse, they have had problems in the gearbox department, but you need to understand that all other Indian bike brands have very little R&D and their bikes are designed in conjunction with their foreign counterparts. Gear box and engine designed are almost a copy of an international model.

But if you take Bajaj on the other hand and look at the improvements that they have made over the years, ofcourse, it's not some vague idea that someone told at bajaj like, "hey you know what? we'll create a bike and put 2 alloy wheels on it, and then we'll put a big 220cc engine on it and just for fun, we'll slant the silencer upwards" :p OFCOURSE NOT. It is all their on the bike because of the hard work R&D they have put into it.

Bajaj has always studied the Indian market well, I remember about Jan-Feb last year 2007, when bajaj had released sketchy details about the pulsar 220's there was a barrage on news releases by various other manufacturers about bringing in Sprots bikes right away because they thought a market was already there.. and what happened? Pulsar220 came out, nothing new to beat it and it's selling upto expectations. Infact, I'm quite sure that bajaj will have a worthy competitor by the time other brands get high performance bikes to sell in high volumes. I do see a Pulsar 500cc about 2-4years down the line.

The same is the case with 150's and 180's. When companies like hero honda claim that the biggest market is the lowend volume segment of 100-125cc bikes, no bloody company has been able to beat the sales figures of the pulsar 150's and 180's in the same cc category. Hell, even bajaj almost conquered the low end segment with "hoodibaba...." :p and "jalak dikhlaja" and now xcd :D

So, if anyone (not you s18000rpm) has doubts that bajaj doesn't do enough R&D, then you just need to look at the past and you'll realize that you're sooooooooo wrong :p

Peace out:smile:

OP
s18000rpm

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
ya, they do lots of R&D for sure, or we wouldnt have seen this auto-canceling turn indicators (a first in bikes), the various safety features, like time-out (or whatevr they caal it:))) for head lamps, back lit buttons.......
but its not enough, serioulsy, i get frustrated when changing gears, if its n highway, nooooo problm:D, but in city traffic, it jus irritates, so much of "knockin" noise while changing gear.
engine is okay, but when it gets to its optimum temp., the silent chain inside it isnt a silent chain anymore:x
if onl bajaj refines the engine to the level of honda, for sure pulsar will become a international success.

i love pulsar for the features it comes with, the design & the peppy engine & the handling, wow. pwns hh cbz. (even tho pulsar have twin downtube chassis, compared to single downtube of cbz) [single downtube desing > twin downtube]

Cyrus_the_virus

Unmountable Boot Volume
but its not enough, serioulsy, i get frustrated when changing gears, if its n highway, nooooo problm:D, but in city traffic, it jus irritates, so much of "knockin" noise while changing gear.

Here's how I put it to neutral. All you need to do is, as you stop or once you have stopped, put it into first gear, then just push it down again as if you're putting first again and let go, it will fall back to neutral.:D When you step at it after it's on first, just brush it on the edge(the rounded shiny edge after the rubber), don't step on it with full contact, else it won't spring back to neutral.:p

And the knocking noise, that's because you're putting the gear too early. Downshift only after you've reached the minimum for that gear. Else you'll hear a big clunking knock sound. I knew this problem existed before I got my 180 and hence I was able to control it on my bike and even today after 2 years, it's still smooth without "clunk" noise. Or what you can try is, downshifting at quarter clutch, not even half, just catch the clutch a little bit and release as you're finishing the downshift, if you catch full or close to half, then you'll hear the noise.

Last edited:
OP
s18000rpm

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Here's how I put it to neutral. All you need to do is, as you stop or once you have stopped, put it into first gear, then just push it down again as if you're putting first again and let go, it will fall back to neutral.:D When you step at it after it's on first, just brush it on the edge(the rounded shiny edge after the rubber), don't step on it with full contact, else it won't spring back to neutral.:p
what i do is, get to 1st, then use the heel shifter & apply very low pressure at the same time moving bike back & forth:)), or if the "red signal" has just been put, turn off & go to neutral.

strange, when engine is off, goin to neutral is as easy as in hondas:D
And the knocking noise, that's because you're putting the gear too early. Downshift only after you've reached the minimum for that gear. Else you'll hear a big clunking knock sound. I knew this problem existed before I got my 180 and hence I was able to control it on my bike and even today after 2 years, it's still smooth without "clunk" noise. Or what you can try is, downshifting at quarter clutch, not even half, just catch the clutch a little bit and release as you're finishing the downshift, if you catch full or close to half, then you'll hear the noise.

"clunk" soud is what i was sayin, i shift when the bike goes silky smooth in a gear (optimum speed).
i get that "clunk" sound when engaing 1st too & also while downshifting.:(
to not get that sound, i've to be really gentle, no under 1 second "clutch-gear change-clutch", i've to do 2-3seconds of same thing. like an 40yr old :D

man, we've made this thread a Pulsar mania kind of thread:D

OP
s18000rpm

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
The motorcycle segment has slowed down and bike makers are talking of flat sales for another quarter. But the high end, bigger bike segment, is showing no such signs of slowing down. In fact, Yamaha Motor India Pvt Ltd is betting on that segment, having sold 67 bikes priced over Rs. 10 lakh in the past six months.

"We have sold 67 units of the 1700 cc MT O1 cruiser bike and the YZF R1, a 1,000 cc racing motorcycle that were launched in November last year," Yutaka Terada, group head, dealer development and planning, Yamaha Motor India, said. These are imported as completely built units (CBUs).

Set for a June 11 launch is the YZF R 15, a 150 cc liquid cooled bike, which is expected to carry an ex-showroom price tag of Rs. 1 lakh, ex showroom, and made at its Surajpur plant. This will be followed by the FZ, the 150 cc air cooled bike which it showed at the Delhi Auto Show in January and is slated for an October launch.

"This is the new Yamaha, from 2008 on and we are all set to regain our lost ground. During this year, we are targeting the sale of 20,000 bikes. As the new Yamaha, we are launching a new dealership look, with a design change, a new strategy, where our direct shops, the apparel and accessory stores have a role to play," Mr Terada said.

....*economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/3100404.cms

Yamaha R15 Startup
*www.youtube.com/v/YC_imvlf2Pk&hl=en

R15 On Road

*www.youtube.com/v/BUFHaaiWgrk&hl=en

-----------------

my guess was right, r15 is a Rs.1 lakh+ bike :))

praka123

left this forum longback
yamaha died for me after 1994(when RX-100 production ceased :( ) without 2 stroke bikes current teens dont know how they rocks!

easy to service,cheap spares,least moving parts compared to a 4-stroke crappy. :evil:

sometime back read about technology which can make 2 stroke bike as efficient or more than that of 4 stroke bikes.but no updates.

I think bimota makes 2 stroke bikes? :?::D

OP
s18000rpm

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
i always liked the rx100's for their POWER & handling.
the other things you mentioned applies to all 2strokers:p (especially tvs max 100) :D

i belive thats the reason why rx100 was such a big hit, then came the mighty Suzuki SHOGUN :twisted:

OP
s18000rpm

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
goto to mmsc (madras motor sports club) & you'll see shoguns still racing & outclassing rx100's

shogun=tvs's last best bike

2stroke & fuel economy ???:))

Shogun was too powerful (14bhp) at that time (lots of acc.) & as we all kno TVS still makes the worst brakes:p

cbz came at that time with 12-13bhp :)), the next powerful bike.

TVS always makes a good ike bad:x with their cheap 'material' quality.

Last edited:

praka123

left this forum longback
^oh then what fiero is ;):D:x:evil::(:twisted: (I own original fiero japan engine LOL!)

ah well!I brought it in 2002 ,where it was called "suzuki fiero":eek:

OP
s18000rpm

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
fierro is dead already:p:p:p

look at CBZ, its still alive, came way before Fierro

btw fierro was a let down, it had only 4 gears & not that much of a looker.
fuel eco. was good tho, but cbz was still to be beaten, "then came pulsar":p:p:p

goobimama

 Macboy
The r-15 does look good. Its a good thing that they are sticking to 150cc bikes. As it is we have enough of fuel being burnt up by those Americans and their fat SUVs. As long as the bike looks smokin', its all good! I might get this one. My Suzuki Fiero is gettin' old...

And let me tell you the Fiero was no TVS bike. The engine and everything was Japanese. Too bad the two companies split and left us in the dirt. Still, the engine is solid and has outlasted my friend's CBZ. Still gives awesome mileage. As for speed, the CBZ, Pulsar and Fiero all top out at 120kmph so what's the need for the extra gear?

praka123

left this forum longback
^oh!you too got suzuki fiero?gr8!but what @S18000rpm said is true.I really miss a 5th gear :(

I think later ,suzuki fiero turned to "TVS Fiero" :D

goobimama

 Macboy
Yeah. Now it is TVS F2 (Not Fiero).

As for the fifth gear I rarely ride very fast, cruising at 50-60kmph. Just in the early days of riding I used to try to speed up taking it to 100 and above on straight roads.

OP
s18000rpm

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
*img148.imageshack.us/img148/604/dsc00028zo8.th.jpg *img295.imageshack.us/img295/1830/image007px9.th.jpg

*img359.imageshack.us/img359/6659/image009ma7.th.jpg *img145.imageshack.us/img145/6048/image014ex8.th.jpg
:))

went to see r15 for first time, damn too small.

no testdrive at this showroom (at poonamalle high road).

the sales representativs are dumb as ass . btw they were kinda begging to book a bike :lol:

on oad price at chennai = 1.08 l
fuel eff. = 40kmpl

finsh quality of handle bar (clip-ons) not good:x

& they handed that sticker:|
i thought it would be of high quality waterproof paper, but its a cheap-a$$ paper sticker, even a rs.1 sticker set has better quality:|

picture quality = badddd, coz it was taken on nokia 5200's vga camera:p

finance option -
1yr. = down payment =Rs.36k, EMI= Rs.7k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom