Yamaha's 4 new Bikes

Status
Not open for further replies.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
FOUR bikes that Yamaha will launch this year.

two 150cc bikes-(18+bhp)
R15
FZ150

two 125cc (11bhp) bikes
Gladiator type SS
Gladiator type RS

*s2.supload.com/thumbs/default/DSC06305.JPG

Source: AutoCar India , March 2008

thepirateboy

Broken In
not many would buy bikes of greater engine capacities...indians buy bikes taking fuel consumption in mind...anyway that looks great...

NucleusKore

TheSaint
not many would buy bikes of greater engine capacities...indians buy bikes taking fuel consumption in mind...anyway that looks great...

Yes, but large engine capacity is often mistaken for fuel inefficiency. I get a minimum of 40 kmpl from my Bajaj Avenger. Usually get 43-45 kmpl. That's good considering its a 180 cc motorcycle and weighs over 250 kg. They can tune it to be more fuel efficient, in fact they are surprised when you say 45 kmpl, but I do not want fuel efficiency at a loss of power.

Just like the way I am putting off my Moto ROKR E6 purchase due to my Android wait, I am putting off my Motor Bike purchase till electric motorbikes from companies liek honda and yamaha come out.

thepirateboy

Broken In
Yamaha also launched some sports bikes here in India so all those who wants power can go for them(expansive than most budget sedans)...i know the son of Yamaha's India president he said these bikes would cost less than 60K

Edburg

In the zone
^^yes definitely...

i guess its much better than the pulsar 220 or the hero honda Karizma 225cc....:)

axxo

99.9% Idle
we wont get bikes as posted in image...remember what happened when gladiator comes into the market..the one we saw in the magaz & the one in market...

OP
s18000rpm

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
R15

the display looks cheap :|, but 12k rpm :shock: :twisted:

*s2.supload.com/thumbs/default/01-Yamaha-YZF-R15.jpg
*s2.supload.com/thumbs/default/02-Yamaha-YZF-R15.jpg
*s2.supload.com/thumbs/default/04-Yamaha-YZF-R15-Speedo.jpg
*s2.supload.com/thumbs/default/Payeng-on-Yamaha-YZF-R15.jpg
*www.2wheelsindia.com/2008/02/more-picsphotos-of-yamaha-r15-clicked.html

Whats so Special about the Yamaha YZF-R15..??

i just hope Yamaha doesnt compromise on quality (plastics)

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
whats up with R15?
it looks good, but yamaha has a bad name :|

what is the cost of R15?
i expect it to be around 80-85k

Last edited:
OP
s18000rpm

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Yamaha YZF-R15 Promo Video

---------------------------

Yamaha FZ 150.

*img171.imageshack.us/img171/5987/fz150blueba2.th.jpg

Here is few details on Yamaha’s another 150cc FZ which will be launched around Diwali this year. Unlike the YZF R15 ( sports bike) this one is a macho street fighter. FZ 150cc is inspired from FZ1000cc bike. Also unlike the YZF R15, FZ 150 will have only an air cooled engine but that means it is friendly to your wallet.

this will be cheaper than R15:p

*www.xbhp.com/talkies/showthread.php?t=15529&page=7

Cyrus_the_virus

Unmountable Boot Volume
but 12k rpm :shock: :twisted:

How else do you expect them to get 20bhp out of a 150cc engine? Since you are quite into motorsport, I believe you understand how the relation between rpm and bhp exists. Take for instance Formula1 engines, they are just around 4K-5K cc, like any normal C Class Merc benz, but the difference is, F1 cars rpm are at insanely high 22K-30K compared to the 5-8K for the same engine cars, that's how they get almost 5times more bhp. But yeah, increasing rpm seriously reduces engine life, and that's when you need to make an engine with really good components to last longer and Yamaha has the knowledge, expertise and money to do that. 20bhp for a 150cc engine is pretty much the max you'll see.

However, comparing the price, I would go for a Pulsar220 which has better milage, higher cc and same bhp at 8500rpm instead of approx 1000rpm for yamaha. Same fuel injection, same front and back disc brake, oil cooled and ofcourse, expected to be cheaper and finally not to forget, HAMARA BAJAJ :D

Wait, am I forgetting something? Oh yeah..
PULSAR MANIA :D :p :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom