Yahoo Sends A's email to B's Inbox...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
To day i received an email from the address
Code:
"SOUTHTRUST BANK" <custservice_id_77447778358@southtrust.com>

the mail contains no text body only the subject.... no duobt this is a spam email...

i am not writing this topic because its a spam... what makes me think is the address where the mail was sent.... the email was addressd to saurav_531@yahoo.co.in no cc, no bcc... only to saurav_531@yahoo.co.in

but how & why yahoo allowd the email to come to my email box as my email address or the ID isnt saurav_531 atall.....

see this screen shot.... my address is saurav_abc@yahoo.co.in but an email addressd to saurav_531@yahoo.co.in came to email box.....

see this screen shot.........

[img=*img215.echo.cx/img215/3561/014jb.th.jpg]

strange to me.... what do u guys think??

edited

mohit

The Hardware Labs
hey dude that is a phishing scam and i have also received a similar mail and hey dont worry i think the sloution to your problem is simple ... maybe your address i.e saurav_abc was in the BCC field ... i think thats why you are not being shown the other recepients other than those in the "to" field ...

D

Deleted member 5901

mohit said:
hey dude that is a phishing scam and i have also received a similar mail and hey dont worry i think the sloution to your problem is simple ... maybe your address i.e saurav_abc was in the BCC field ... i think thats why you are not being shown the other recepients other than those in the "to" field ...

he's correct !! :D :!:

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
mohitmohit said:

no yaar thats not the case.... as i tryed that with my other email address (i send a mail from sify.... to Y! cc rediff bcc hotmail...)

if thats case what u r talking about then i shouldnt have seen the cc & bcc address from rediff or hotmail..... but i can see...

even in every spam u can see the cc & bcc colum.... & u will find ur address in there......

but not in this case..... this means i send a email to A but B receives that mail.....

expertno.1 said:
yeah there is a same problem with me !

can u give a little details.... PS pls dont post a big pict rather give link or small screen shot... as dialup its take lot of time to oppen...

& anyone else....???

GameAddict

In the zone
That's interesting....

Hi,

Yours the case of "carpet bombing" or say "carpet spamming" where Spammers try every possible combination with popular mail id naming conventions (names for example) and then add numbers, years and other stuff to get "live" ids.

Anyway, can you please show a screenshot of a mail where you can see the BCC field with email ids in it?

Bye!

GA

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Hi,

Yours the case of "carpet bombing" or say "carpet spamming" where Spammers try every possible combination with popular mail id naming conventions (names for example) and then add numbers, years and other stuff to get "live" ids.

Anyway, can you please show a screenshot of a mail where you can see the BCC field with email ids in it?

Bye!

GA

i have given the screen shot in my 1st post..... check that out... there is no cc or bcc.... thats why i am writing this topic.....

saurav_cheeta said:
but not in this case..... this means i send a email to A but B receives that mail.....

is this happening at thin moment??

saROMan

QA Juggler
well bud...i think the mail was send to all possile combinations of saurav_xxx ...and the to field is saurav_521 ..where as rest were cc or bcc ..my hintch is it was bcc ...so guess saurav_abc exists so it was deliverd to u..and its bcc ..so other names were not shown.....hmm but u must have get it under saurav_abc...

OK seems yahoo goofed up some where ;)

ashu283

Broken In
saurav_cheeta said:
i have given the screen shot in my 1st post..... check that out... there is no cc or bcc.... thats why i am writing this topic.....

thn read carefully again wht he said or asked u to do..... he asked abt ur this thing..
no yaar thats not the case.... as i tryed that with my other email address (i send a mail from sify.... to Y! cc rediff bcc hotmail...)

if thats case what u r talking about then i shouldnt have seen the cc & bcc address from rediff or hotmail..... but i can see...

even in every spam u can see the cc & bcc colum.... & u will find ur address in there......
now give this thing screen shot :evil: :evil:

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
well ashu i think u want to see this screen shot....

*img189.echo.cx/my.php?image=035ew.jpg

this is a clasic spam.... but the point i am making is u will surely find ur address in there.... othereways the mail woulnd have came to u....

& guys there is another mail i want show.... it might be also a spam.... but its nature is out of my knowldge.... may be u guys can put some light on it....

this mail doent have any sender address or name.... neithere text body nor any

subject.... it just taking a line in my bulk mail folder... thats it.....

see this 2 screen shot....

*img162.echo.cx/my.php?image=010tz.jpg

*img15.echo.cx/my.php?image=026cc.jpg

P.S. as few guys will be in dial up... thats why i am not puting the img on this page... rather i'm giving a direct link....... sorry....

mohit

The Hardware Labs
this mail doent have any sender address or name.... neithere text body nor any

subject.... it just taking a line in my bulk mail folder... thats it.....

hey buddy i have also received similar mails many many times but only on my yahoo account. i dont know much about them , i jst delete them dats it. u can try opening the mail headers and get details.

plz post a screenshot for the above quote. in the above case i think u will only be able to see all receipients when u open the mail in hotmail. in rediff and yahoo u wont be able to see the bcc.

D

Deleted member 5901

Yeah !!! then mayb it will b of some help !!!

CHeers !!!

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
now see this screen shot of the full header view.... this wat u wanted

many said:
plz post a screenshot for the above quote. in the above case i think u will only be able to see all receipients when u open the mail in hotmail. in rediff and yahoo u wont be able to see the bcc.

here u can see my address in the last bcc colum.....

*img286.echo.cx/my.php?image=022ju.jpg

thmbnl [img=*img286.echo.cx/img286/7803/022ju.th.jpg]

but for that 1st problem..

I said:
To day i received an email from the address
Code:
"SOUTHTRUST BANK" <custservice_id_77447778358@southtrust.com>

the mail contains no text body only the subject.... no duobt this is a spam email...

see this screen shot of full header view.... u cant find my address in there... exept in the
Code:
X-Apparently-To:
colum.....

*img286.echo.cx/my.php?image=012cq.jpg

thmbnl [img=*img286.echo.cx/img286/6544/012cq.th.jpg]

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
saurav_cheeta

now this is all spam !

i am also getting it

pls read the whole topic.... & see the screen shots.... question wasnt about, whether tay r spam or not.... but the question was about how yahho is managing the emails....

see the screen shot of the email full header view.... a email which was send to "A" end up on the "B"s inbox.... how can this be possible..... that is the question......

any answer??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom