Yahoo messenger not showing typed messages!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tamilvendan

Broken In
Hi friends!

I have got this problem now. My yahoo messenger is behaving oddly. While chatting it fails to show the typed messages in the chat window both sent and received.

Virus scan did not find any virus. I uninstalled yahoo messenger , deleted all related keys from registry and reinstalled it again but the problem is persisting.

The only abnormal thing i can find in my system is, there is one temp file in the temp folder of local settings which i am not able to delete. This is this file- ~DF3AA9.tmp. While deleting it says " the file is already in use". I tried to remove with "deletedr" and "cccleaner" but unsuccesful.

Is this the cause of my yahoo messenger's misbehaviour?

Please help.

OP
T

tamilvendan

Broken In
Hi friends! Its been five days since i posted this query. No reply so far!

Hello computer geeks!

Help me please!

One of my friends had similar problem and nothing worked for him. He had to reinstall his OS to rectify this problem. I dont want to reinstall the OS.

Please help me!

techno_funky

da' Ťurntable ruleth
i too had this problem
installed Java for windows
and it worked
you too try installing java for windows
from here
*www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

__Virus__

Ambassador of Buzz
Ditto was the problem with me. I already had java n everything. I unistalled yahoo messenger. Deleted every folder called yahoo from my hard disk ( before backing up the profiles folder for archive ) used registry cleaner twice to delete yahoo entries. Reinstalled messy and it worked. I highly recomment you deleting all the yahoo related folders too.

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Once I too faced this problem and what I did, I gave following command:

regsvr32 %windir%\system32\Macromed\Flash\flash.ocx

and the problem was solved!

So I think that the problem is related to flash...

OP
T

tamilvendan

Broken In
No. Nothing has worked.

I installed java. I removed all yahoo related files and renistalled YM. I tried what vishal has suggested.

Nopes. Nothing seems to work.

There are some other problems i dont know if they are related.

When i open yahoo mail through internet explorer the buttons( compose, delete, reply, etc) in the mail box are not working. But they are working if i use Mozilla or anyother browser.

The "search" application is not working in the windows. Whenever i click the serch option , on the left panel the puppy comes and sits and nothing else happens. no window to type anything.

Any more suggestions?

I did restart after making the said corrections.

__Virus__

Ambassador of Buzz
I was almost certain that the issue will get resolved by deleting all the files and all but there are always exceptions. Search not working, eeewwwwkkkk pisses me off, repair dint work for me when i tried. You may give sfc a shot but am pretty sure it wont work. So go ahead with ur bootable cd and repair windows.

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
tamilvendan said:
When i open yahoo mail through internet explorer the buttons( compose, delete, reply, etc) in the mail box are not working. But they are working if i use Mozilla or anyother browser.
In Internet Explorer, goto Tool -> Internet Options, then in Advanced tab make sure that both checkboxes for JAVA (I forgot the option names) in JAVA section r selected, i.e., enabled!

tamilvendan said:
The "search" application is not working in the windows. Whenever i click the serch option , on the left panel the puppy comes and sits and nothing else happens. no window to type anything.
Goto %systemroot%\inf folder and right-click on srchasst.inf file and select Install.

Incinerator

Broken In
I too faced this prob sometime back. I tried uninstalling and then reinstalling latest version etc but nothing worked.

Later when I upgraded my XP prof with WinXP prof SP2, the same yahoo thich was not displaying text before started behaving as nothing was ever wrong with it.

So in a nutshell, it sems more like a windows prob than some yahoo bug.

OP
T

tamilvendan

Broken In
I will try to repair my windows. When I try to repair with the xp cd i am having it says this is older version than the existing one.

I might have to reinstall the os.

Vishal, installing srchasst.inf file did not work.
And java is already enabled in IE.

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Okie!
Following is the final solution:

Open dos prompt and give following commands one by one:

Code:
regsvr32 Shdocvw.dll
regsvr32 Shell32.dll
regsvr32 Oleaut32.dll
regsvr32 Actxprxy.dll
regsvr32 Mshtml.dll
regsvr32 Urlmon.dll
regsvr32 Msjava.dll
regsvr32 Browseui.dll

It should solve the problem...

OP
T

tamilvendan

Broken In
Hi Vishal!

I did as you suggested. Everything succeded except Msjava.dll. It said the specified module could not be found.

Got any hint?

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Okie!

But u didnt tell whether the problem solved or not?

I think at least the Search window problem should be solved after applying it!

kato

Karthiksn
If it says Msjava.ddl not there then i guess some file needed for java is not there try to reinstall ur OS thats the only option now i believe

__Virus__

Ambassador of Buzz
tamilvendan said:
No the problem is not solved. Still the search window is not working and yahoo messenger is not displaying text.

How about giving a go and installing yahoo messy 6? that was the last stable version of yahoo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom