yahoo messenger help

Status
Not open for further replies.

arcticflare

Journeyman
Hi there I recently downloaded yahoo messenger 7 beta and installed. Now whenever i clik on the emoticons or the imvironment icons the messenger closes and i have to open it and log in again. i tried installing the older version messenger 6 but it also has the same problem. Can u plz suggest what might be wrong and how to rectify this. Os is winxp

Charley

Just Do It
No hassles with OS, reckon installing the softie again.

I'd also assume there may be a virus tweaking there, so u might want to scan them also.

amit_arya

Broken In
I do not know of your problem. but i faced a problem like not able to join yahoo chat room & stuff... if i managed to login then it was like 2/3 ppl with my nick name also login (looks like some bot stuff) the solution was...
1-> uninstall Yahoo messenger
2-> Goto program files or where so ever you installed messenger delete all the residual files
3-> restart the machine
4-> install the messenger a fresh

PS note.. do so will delete all your archive messages (if you had any)

ashu283

Broken In
thr is nt any prob as far as i tried tht beta version......
no prob as you said.......only prob it causes to me is ..it takes more CPU....
tht might be some other prob.......may be virus top suspect....... :p :p

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Lol ppl, it's not a stable version. No use reinstalling the same version. Get a Y! 6 itself. It dont crashes as Y! 7 beta does.

I tried it and dint like it.

OP
arcticflare

arcticflare

Journeyman
I tired the repair function but it stops reparing at when the file stock.dll appears and hangs up. then i have to close using task manager. reinstallation doesnt work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom