Yahoo messenger 7 problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Hey guys, recently my Yahoo messenger 7 stopped responding and then it never started so i uninstalled it from ADD/REMOVE programs and now wen ever i try to install Yahoo messenger from the yahoo website, after d/loading, wen it starts to install (at about 95% completed) i get this messege....
*images1.pictiger.com/images/a0/26c3219846d6fc9a6f62c1afbe41dda0.jpg

*images1.pictiger.com/images/58/6386b44c862f842e23dd52b3dff32b58.jpg
This msg i get wenever my PC starts.i.e at the startup.

I hv tried to d/load the latest version of Yahoo messenger from the Yahoo website but still the same problem. I also deleted the Yahoo folder from Program Files. Wat to do guys ? I need this messenger.. please help !!!

Cheers n e-peace.....

legolas

Padawan
it seems to hav not uninstalled properly. delete the installation directory. and then use registry softwares to remove the invalid entries and then dl and install again. shud work.

/legolas

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
ThHanx for ur reply buddy. Can u tell me wat s/ware tool can i use to remove the Yahoo code permanently from the registry?? so tat i can install a fresh copy of it on my PC.

If u know how to remove the Yahoo entry PERMANENTLY from the Registry then please post it else tell me a Registry removal tool to remove the Yahoo entry..

Cheers n e-peace....

vikramkh

Broken In
dude there are many registry cleaner available jst search on google. n if u still cant find nyone for urself try downloadin registry mechanic ull find this one on download.com bt its only a trial version.
hpe it gets cleared out :wink:

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Tried cleaning my system and its registry with System Mechanic 6 (trial version) but still while installing yahoo, i get the same .dll xmlparse error Please Help guys now wat do i do ???? :? I even tried installing the Yahoo mesenger on my other partition (E: Drive) but still the same problem for C: and E: drives :?

Cheers n e-peace.....

Sourabh

Laptoping
Is sp2 installed? moreover check the version of your IE. If you skip chkdsk during startup, stop doing it. Install VB runtime files. just try these things.

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Sourabh wrote:
Is sp2 installed? moreover check the version of your IE. If you skip chkdsk during startup, stop doing it. Install VB runtime files. just try these things.
Yup buddy, SP2 Installed, IE version 6, AFAIK, i do not skip chkdsk :? (i let my OS and my PC boot normally). From where can i install the VB Runtime files..? :?

Today i also deleted the Yahoo entry from the registry by doin this.. Run>regedit>HKEY_CURRENT_USER>Software>yahoo But still the same problem persists.

I hv not installed any awkward software b4 this error msgs. I hv jus repaired my WIN XP+SP2 OS on my PC . How can i install this msngr !

ShHud i remove any other Registry Entires ?

Cheers n e-peace...

Sourabh

Laptoping
VBruntimes from here

in IE, restore to default settings from Internet Options>Advanced.

lol try deleting that xmlparse.dll

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
vignesh wrote:
Reinstall Yahoo messenger..After removing the folder in the program files also.
Brother, wen the registry deletion of Yahoo entries is not solving my Problem then wat will this Yahoo in Program Files do !! Anyways to let u knw. i hv tried out everything and still the same problem.

Sourabh wrote:
in IE, restore to default settings from Internet Options>Advanced.
lol try deleting that xmlparse.dll
U sure this will solve my problem dude? Deleting xmlparse.dll is a wise decision ? :? :?

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Sorry for the extra post guys.. but i hv managed to solve my problem, I got a site www.DLL-files.com from wich i d/loaded the xmlparse.dll and xmltok.dll files and installed in the location from whre i hv deleted my previous version of dll files. Now the problem is solved.

Mods can close this thread now.. :)

cheers n e-peace.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom