Yahoo buys Flickr?

Status
Not open for further replies.

goobimama

 Macboy
I was browsing through Flickr today, when I noticed that it was owned by Yahoo. When did this happen? Or was Flickr a service by yahoo?

If someone knows more about this, it would be great.

If this has been posted before, I apologise, cause I searched the forum "Flickr yahoo"....

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Whoa, it's been so long since that happened and now Yahoo's gonna close its Photos feature for it too!

*www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759,1777908,00.asp

OP
goobimama

goobimama

 Macboy
Well that thing says "Agreed to buy". When did the transition take place? Cause i logged into flickr a few months ago with my flickr account. Now I need to use my yahoo account...

eddie

El mooooo
Yahoo Buys Flickr
*www.google.co.in/search?q=yahoo+bu...s=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

I don't know how you missed it but its been very long. Also, even the main page has been displaying Yahoo! logo since like more than a year now.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
goobimama said:
Well that thing says "Agreed to buy". When did the transition take place? Cause i logged into flickr a few months ago with my flickr account. Now I need to use my yahoo account...
March 20th 2005
*news.com.com/Yahoo+buys+photo-sharing+site+Flickr/2100-1038_3-5627640.html

and they just started forcing Yahoo-only accounts since the new anti-phish feature of the same.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
@goobimama

Dude, I just have one question: How did you manage to lift that huge rock and how did you survive for so many days under it? :D

When I saw the title of the thread, the first thought that occurred to me was, "What! Again? How's that possible!" :lol:

Last edited:
OP
goobimama

goobimama

 Macboy
Well the first link I got by googling "yahoo buys flickr" (try it out) was a cnet link, with 18th June 2007 at the end of the Green URL part. Then I opened the link and didn't bother looking on for the date of the real article...

eddie

El mooooo
goobimama said:
Well the first link I got by googling "yahoo buys flickr" (try it out) was a cnet link, with 18th June 2007 at the end of the Green URL part.
That date just informs you when google bot last crawled the page. Not the date of the article/page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom