Xperia x10 mini pro vs n97 vs n900 vs vivaz pro??

mandrake

Broken In
Hi guys! i want to buy a smart phone with qwerty keyboard but i am confused as to which one to buy.
Can the experts here guide me pls?

I need a phone with qwerty keyboard, so i have finalized a few phones:

• Nokia N97 : OS Symbian
  • Nokia N900 : OS Maemo
  • SE Xperia X10 Mini Pro : OS Android
  • SE Vivaz Pro: OS Symbian

I thought of buying N900 but after reading another thread where n900 was totally destroyed i am bit confused... specially after reading comments by desi bond.

Should i be looking at the OS? is Android better than Maemo?
I have a budget of 25k which can be stretched a bit to 27-30k max.

is there any other phone which you guys can suggest?

Looking forward for your response. :)

sujoyp

Grand Master
X10mini isnt there yet and vivaz pro is just comming next month...

Dont take the jump before reading User Reviews...

N900 & N97 mini are now outdated

How about Motorola Milestone...u would love it.

sujoyp

Grand Master
^^^ he wants a qwerty keypad soo desire legend and n8 are cut off

Just go for Moto Milestone...its the best looking , good features and have everybodys favorite android:mrgreen:

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
*www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lLXNtVaEIY&feature=player_embedded

Video preview of the X10 mini. The pro will be with a physical keyboard and will be about 7k cheaper than the milestone.

sujoyp

Grand Master
@dreamcatcher...I loved the design of x10 mini but haven't heard about its arrival soon...when is it comming??

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Motorola milestone. MOTO has been aggressive In pushing Android updates for milestone. It has very good hardware build, a dedicated gpu and hard qwerty.

VarDOS

15.0 GHz
+1 for Milestone, includes all the features you want but you have to stretch your budget a little by 2 - 3k

OP
M

mandrake

Broken In
Milestone is for 32k .... :shock: :cry:
nething above 25 i will have to try really hard to convince my family! specially my wife ... (it is hard to convince a woman about technology :p )

Milestone looks good but how about motorola as a company? Moto was almost bankrupt and out of mobile phone market. Can it be trusted?

I have been using only Nokia and Sony Ericsson phones till now. Didnt like Samsung atall.

damn im confused!! :-?

raja2281

Journeyman
is it necessary for u to have a physical keyboard, if not htc legend is one u shud look for. i got it for 25k and the onscreen keyboard is fantastic does not need much effort to type. think abt it.

amitabhishek

Bad to the bone
Milestone is for 32k .... :shock: :cry:
nething above 25 i will have to try really hard to convince my family! specially my wife ... (it is hard to convince a woman about technology :p )

+1
Milestone looks good but how about motorola as a company? Moto was almost bankrupt and out of mobile phone market. Can it be trusted?

I have been using only Nokia and Sony Ericsson phones till now. Didnt like Samsung at all.damn im confused!! :-?

Milestone2 is about to be launched. So the price of this Milestone should come down. Anyways Milestone is in the range of 27k-28k not 32K! Motorola as a company is doing fine ($65 million profit this qtr) and its not getting bankrupt and cmon you are just buying a humble phone, don't worry about its balance sheet:)!

nikhilpai

Techans
^^^ he wants a qwerty keypad soo desire legend and n8 are cut off

Just go for Moto Milestone...its the best looking , good features and have everybodys favorite android:mrgreen:

Oops...my bad. Didn't notice the Qwerty requirement.

@mandrake: It has to be Motorola Milestone. Its available for Rs.28k & not 32k

sujoyp

Grand Master
@amitabhishek ...people r afraid of motorola just bcause last year moto shut down all service centers in India...even they shifted their retail office to singapore...
Then there were hardly any moto phone available in shops..

It will take time to get back confidence to spend 25-30k on a company like this.:-o

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
yes. milestone is available outside for 27-28k and on ebay for 25k-26k. Motorola Milestone is better than any Nokia and SE phone.

hahahari

In the zone
desire is availabe through ebay at 27k ... try that ... if you can go for 29k, u will get 2 years warranty

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Milestone2? Scheduled for October/November 2010.
before you get the Milestone make sure its well supported in your area.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Milestone2? Scheduled for October/November 2010.
before you get the Milestone make sure its well supported in your area.

OP
M

mandrake

Broken In
@amitabhishek ...people r afraid of motorola just bcause last year moto shut down all service centers in India...even they shifted their retail office to singapore...
Then there were hardly any moto phone available in shops..

It will take time to get back confidence to spend 25-30k on a company like this.:-o

Guys thanks for the response so far :)

Milestone seems hot as of now. but as sujoy said, moto had shut down all service centers in India.... wot about that guys? If nething goes wrong with the fone then??

Also, Nokia N97 and N900 are out of my list now.
The final 2 are: Moto Milestone and SE Xperia X10 Mini Pro.
How do you guys compare these two?? and ne idea when will X10 mini pro will be launched in India?
I am not in hurry to buy phone. I can wait a couple of months.

Top Bottom