Xperia Neo V at 15490

OP
R

rohit18rs

Journeyman
Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo V MT11i - adexmart

here you go guys.. i have already ordered one .. but while ordering please mention the colour in the message section

i was going for defy .. but after looking at this price.. i was sure to go for this .. excellent offer.. :)
So happy to get this one

socrates

In the zone
I am also interested in this phone so I went to the site to look at the specs & was trying to look for the service center locator (as I always do) but could not find it. So i did a google search. & came upon two links which I want to share with you.
Main: Pathetic service of Sony Ericsson in India - Mumbai
Main: Service centres in India ( Mumbai)
I was so pissed off that I took their survey & obviously gave a poor opinion & put this comment
' Ur India site does not seem to have the service center locator when I did google search i found it indirectly on Main: Service centres in India ( Mumbai) but even that does not work. SE has lost contact with Customers in India.U shud pack ur bags and leave. Incidentally I use a K750i currently & was interested n the Xperia Neo V but not any longer.'

No wonder the retailers in my area bluntly tell me to avoid Sony Ericsson & also Motorola. :x

Sarath

iDota
Such statements can't be generalised until we have an overwhelming number of complaints for eg: lynx india :D

socrates

In the zone
I am not sure if your comment is in reference to mine in #12. It is not generalised as you notice in the links I have given even the moderator of the SE site has admitted in that forum that he cannot find any answer for Mumbai. This is a far cry from the recent past when we could find this info, recently I had checked & this was available but out dated as I mentioned in some other post :). A company which cannot maintain its site with correct data is either hiding something or on the skids. In this case its most likely the latter as Sony wants to buyout Ericsson completely. Many years ago I had a similar experience with Motorola in those days those jokers did not even have a India page when I wrote to them asking for info about the model they were selling in India they gave me a typical answer which befits a company more into servicing corporate clients rather than single customers I forwarded that email with my frank opinion of what I think of the company to their HO in Illinois. They actually apologetically replied with a promise to make an India page & probably gave a bamboo to some jerk in India as I got a lot of phone calls enquiring about my health :D lol & a lot of blah blah bleat bleat.
By the time there are 'overwhelming' no. of complaints it might be too late for a company in the consumer industry. Even though I am using a SE phone for the last 5+ years I will not accept slip shod info from them about any other of their models especially about after sales service.

Last edited:

damnthenet

Journeyman
I have ordered one too!!!
Simply couldn't resist the phone and the price!!!

@rohit18rs: Thanks for updating the price at Adexmart.

I thought of going to Adexmart shop directly (as I am in Chennai and the shop too is in Chennai) and buying it. So, called them over the phone. The customer support executives were not sure if the phone was on stock in their shop. Finally one person got my number and said he will give a call back once he knows that the mobile is in stock.

I couldn't wait. I just ordered one online by cash on delivery.

Waiting anxiously for getting the phone!!!!

Last edited:

power_8383

Eager to learn.
No wonder the retailers in my area bluntly tell me to avoid Sony Ericsson & also Motorola. :x

The same thing happened with me yesterday at most of the mobile shops in my city.
Infact one dealer has even scolded me (literally) for my decision of buying a Sony Ericsson mobile. :(

sujoyp

Grand Master
All dealers just want to sell samsung and nokia but they keep SE...

In nagpur you would not even get HTC, MOTO and LG in small shops...only Bigg ones sell it

Sarath

iDota
I don't think they make a healthy profit on the SE phones and hence the behaviour. I have observed the same for many sony products.

SE phones seem to have a good build quality. Their failure rates are far less than competitors much like Nokia.

Having said that Socrates point stands supreme. Lack of service centres is a gross mistake on Sony's part.

socrates

In the zone
I dont know if its the comment I made yesterday but today the 'Service Locator' tab is visible not that it improves things as when I tried to search for Mumbai I got

'No matches found. Could not find a service centre with the specified criteria.

New Search'

Lol :D Looks like the more you try to change the more things remain the same. Should we then assume that SE does not have any service centers in Mumbai or it does not know if it has any or its still in the state of flux as they are still 'updating' their site :D lol

Sarath

iDota
BTW meanwhile have you guys heard about the xperia play.

Check this out. If you thought 20k was a price drop for it, this takes it further.

Sony Ericsson Xperia Play | Sony Ericsson Playstation Phone | Sony Ericsson Smartphones

There's a GO going on for it. Let me know if you are interested for it @17k

Top Bottom