Xperia L/SP thread

Did you ever charge your phone in a train? My brother's touch screen is also behaving erratically while charging, but that started only after charging the phone in a train :!: Not sure if that is the reason.

I get this problem when i use some 3rd party USB chargers, the wires that didnt come with Sony like HTC's USB cable.

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
It's advisable to use the stock charger or another charger from a reputed brand to charge phones. Local chargers are not good. If you have lost your charger and buying another feels too expensive, best option is to charge using PC's USB.

john117

Broken In
I am using the stock charger and the stock cable.
However,i noticed a few things-My inverter generates noise and i dont have this issue if i charge it off my PC's usb port(because the supply is cleaner)
Ive never had this issue with old Nokias,which is,i guess,because the screens are made differently?

Also,what sort of cases do you fellows use?I got badly ripped off for a black flip case-rs400.any links to buy better ones?
And memory cards-the sandisk ultra made for android are good enough right?or are they not worth the expense?
(by the way,how many posts till i can post freely?10?my last post never came up.)

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
the touchscreen malfunction you are experiencing only happens on capacitive touchscreens, not on resistive ones. Get you inverter fixed or keep your phone away from the inverter before it is damaged.

afaik there isn't a very big price difference between class 6 and class 10 memory cards. Since you will be buying a card of decent capacity, it makes sense to get a class 10 card. I am thinking of buying sandisk ultra too but haven't got around to it yet.

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
Can someone please answer me?? Where do the apps get installed? In the 1.8gb partition or the 4gb partition?

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
Can someone please answer me?? Where do the apps get installed? In the 1.8gb partition or the 4gb partition?

I suppose both. I have around 75 apps currently installed (including the ones that were preinstalled) and the free space position is 350 MB in internal and 2.5GB in phone

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
^ THanks. Do we get the option to choose where to install between 1.8 and 4gb?

And also,do you have any games installed?

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
I have a few games installed, but all small ones like temple run, cut the rope, angry birds, tank hero etc.. I haven't installed any big games.
You don't get to chose where you want to install but you can move the app after installing. To check which apps can be moved to phone's storage or SD card, you will need to install app2sd

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
I think I read on xda that app2sd doesn't work in xperia phones or something. o_O
Something to do with the internal memory being partitioned.

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
I think I read on xda that app2sd doesn't work in xperia phones or something. o_O
Something to do with the internal memory being partitioned.

It simply takes you to the app management page from where you can move the app from internal memory to internal storage (1.8 GB partition to 4 GB partition). It doesn't allow to move to the memory card. But since I won't be storing any data except on the SD card, this much space is sufficient for me.

In any case, all phones having more than 4 GB internal memory have partitions. And at this price range, you'd hardly get more than 8 GB. So don't think too much about it.

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
^ I guess there is this void.fstab file which we can modify after rooting to change the 2nd SD partition from 4gb to the expandable storage(32gb max). Might have to try that out after buying then.

In any case, all phones having more than 4 GB internal memory have partitions. And at this price range, you'd hardly get more than 8 GB. So don't think too much about it.
^
True. This is a shame really. Because there were phones last year in the midrange which had more internal memory. Take the Galaxy S advance for example. 16gb internal memory is just way too good. And that was last year. So we should have more phones with 16gb internal storage in the middle price bracket. -_- Stupid phone companies.

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
If you compare phones from the last year, you will find that phone companies have been deliberately pushing up prices. They are not launching any good phones in the low budget category and even the mid-ranges have very little to choose from.

In their own time HTC explorer, Sony Erricson Xperia Pro, LG Optimus one were all good phones around 10k. But now, after technology has improved and become cheaper, it's hard to find a good android phone below 15k. All phones are crap. Take the example of Xperia U or Desire X or Xperia J.. all decent phones marred by one feature or the other that makes it completely useless. Xperia E, I'd thought would be a good phone, and more or less it was, but it was overpriced for its specs. It's a shame that the companies are doing this.

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
^ I couldn't agree more. In all honesty, the local brands offer much more tempting specs and its a shame that they do not have proper service. That is a major con. If they can sort out the service and repair part, I would have no qualms on opting for a locally manufactured phone. But alas,that is not the case as of now,so have to suffice with a lower specced phone simply because of the brand and service value :\

I hope the scenario changes soon.

rdx_halo

In the zone
If you compare phones from the last year, you will find that phone companies have been deliberately pushing up prices. They are not launching any good phones in the low budget category and even the mid-ranges have very little to choose from.

In their own time HTC explorer, Sony Erricson Xperia Pro, LG Optimus one were all good phones around 10k. But now, after technology has improved and become cheaper, it's hard to find a good android phone below 15k. All phones are crap. Take the example of Xperia U or Desire X or Xperia J.. all decent phones marred by one feature or the other that makes it completely useless. Xperia E, I'd thought would be a good phone, and more or less it was, but it was overpriced for its specs. It's a shame that the companies are doing this.

I agree 100% with you. The mob companies are just flaunting the processor speeds and apps. No quality improvement in hardware durability. The budget range (10k) all have crap screens and poor battery.

john117

Broken In
Hello,
I just had airtel 3g activated on my phone.Now,it shows the H symbol instead of E.is that correct?
Also,i had to play around with it a bit to get it working properly.

1.After that,it has rebooted by itself thrice today.first time when i was in the network operators menu,the,while in the access point names menu,and third time while i was charging it off my pc port.

2.Also,before i activated 3g,however,i noticed that when i went into a dense building,i lost signal-this i guess because i was underground.but i had to manually get it to sense the network once again,it did not do it on its own once i came back to ground level.Is that correct?

Top Bottom