XP SP3 upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sridhar_Rao

In the zone
I have genuine version of XP SP2 and the automatic updates are on. Now, that the SP3 is launched, should I manually download it or has the automatic updates has done it for me, how do I determine?

I came across with an article on net that installation of SP3 on computer running on Norton antivirus face problems due to errors created in registry. Just shared the info!

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
Thats easy. press windows key+break, or right click my computer->properties. In the system properties, you would see like:

System:
Microsoft Windows XP
Professional(or home whatever)
Version xxxx
Service Pack 3... or 2 if thats installed.

If your SP is still 2, visit windowsupdate.microsoft.com in IE and run windows update manually. Or just download the EXE file for IT professionals and developers in microsoft.com/downloads. If you have SP3 already, no problem :)

And thanks for the info, I dont think most people in this forum use norton, but its always good to know stuff :)

ECE0105

In the zone
But I have felt that Installing XP SP3, seems to slow down the PC.... Is it M$ or is it my imagination ?????

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
Just your imagination. You might have been quite excited about installing a new service pack, you were imagining all new things you could do with it, and then when you rebooted after the installation, you got the same old drab UI, same desktop, same wallpaper, and nothing noticable at all. You then got so bored that time seemed to slow down. No, not Windows.

Just sharing what I felt too :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom