XP Security Centre Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

darnee

Broken In
I was using avast! 4.8 until recently but suddenly one day Security Centre stopped detecting it. This used to happen before also but it used to become alright on the next restart. This time it stopped detecting permanently. I also installed bitdefender but it is not detecting that also. I tried stopping the WMI service and then deleting the repository folder in wbem direstory in system32 folder and also using the security centre reset tool to reset the security centre but both of them did not work out. Please give some suggestion on how to resolve this problem? I am using Windows XP sp3. Thanks in advance.

mrintech

Technomancer
You need not to worry about this coz Windows Security center did not recognize ur antivirus so u need to open the windows security center window there u'll find " Recommended " click on this to fix this or Install XP Service Pack 3 from microsoft web site.

Also Check Out: *kkomp.com/archives/2385 ;)

Reply what happens ;)

OP
darnee

darnee

Broken In
I already have Windows XP Service Pack 3 installed. In recommendations there are two options one is to get another antivirus or to monitor the antivirus myself. I have already tried the first one and I don't want to try the second one because then it won't notify if the antivirus is really not working or out of date.

alexanderthegreat

Overlord v2.0
I once faced this problem on Vista. Uninstalling and reinstalling avast does the trick. It's not necessary though, do this only if security centre annoys you too mcuh.

cybercool10

Tech Addict
it always pops up a baloon, which really pisses me off....:(

It's not necessary though, do this only if security centre annoys you too mcuh.

Turn off the annoying notifications.

Start -> Control Panel -> Security Center -> on the Left Panel Under "Resources" click the last one -> "Change the way Security Center alerts me" -> Uncheck all -> OK -> Close Security Center .

Now all such irritating notifications will be turned off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom