XP OEM activation after upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

janitha

Wise Old Owl
have been using legal XP OEM for the past 3 years. I had formatted and reinstalled several times and there was no problem activating again. Same with occasional hardware changes.
Now that I am upgrading almost everything other than HDD and ODD, is it likely that I may face problems? And if so, can it be done over phone by explaining the reasons for HW change? If so, pl give their toll free no. and the procedure in detail.

Amir.php

Flying Visitor
Microsoft India's tool-free number(BSNL/MTNL): 1800 111100.
You will find the number at
*www.microsoft.com/india/connect/tollfree.aspx.*www.microsoft.com/india/connect/tollfree.aspx
You will get computerized phone service, which will request you for installation ID.
You need to punch entire ID without hyphens.
Also one more option:
You can get the toll-free number from the activation window, when you choose to activate by phone. Just select the country and you will get the numbers you need to call.

Last edited:
OP
J

janitha

Wise Old Owl
Microsoft India's tool-free number(BSNL/MTNL): 1800 111100.
You will find the number at
*www.microsoft.com/india/connect/tollfree.aspx.*www.microsoft.com/india/connect/tollfree.aspx
You will get computerized phone service, which will request you for installation ID.
You need to punch entire ID without hyphens.
Also one more option:
You can get the toll-free number from the activation window, when you choose to activate by phone. Just select the country and you will get the numbers you need to call.

By installation ID, do you mean the Serial Key? If so, how can it be punched into the phone? Or is the PC to be connected to net at the same time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom