XP boots in safe mode but hangs "after" normal boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

samninc

Broken In
i have windows xp sp2 system , 128 MB RAM, and P3 Processor.

i think that my pc was effected by some virus. i installed norton total security 2009 to scan my system and remove the virus.

after installing winXP hanged ( it seemed that norton was installed ) ,, then i tried to restart again but after that xp logo the system hangs..

i tried to boot in safe mode and it successfully boots:?:

then as you might suggest, i scanned the system with norton and it got virus and removed those viruses successfully,,

i thought that my problem was over, but xp still hangs after booting up...

note: i can see xp boot screen but before i can see the "welcome screen" it hangs,, reaches blank state.

what to do ?
i can still run in safe-mode...

OP
S

samninc

Broken In
I think there may be a driver issue . Did u try to run the system in VGA mode??

that seems a point. but how can i do that? can you tell me more about VGA mode? means from where to start VGA mode?

note: its a old desktop.

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
Boot into safe mode, uninstall Norton Total Security 2009 and then try rebooting normally. If the system boots normally, Norton was the culprit.

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
I think your computer is not able to handle norton total security. Norton products have been known to consume lot of resources and your computer is too weak to handle them. If this works then try avast or avira antivirus and comodo personal firewall and malware bytes anti malware. these products have been getting good reviews lately.

aswin1

Journeyman
Use system restore in Safe mode to restore your pc settings to a time before NORTON was installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom