Xolo Play with 4.7-inch HD display, 1.5 GHz quad-core Tegra 3 processor coming soon

ZTR

Cyborg Agent
*images.fonearena.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Xolo-Play.jpg
Xolo was the first company to bring the Intel-powered Xolo X900 back in 2012. Now the company is allset to launch their flagship smartphone powered by a Nvidia Tegra 3 processor. It comes with a 4.7-inch HD (1280 x 720 pixels) capacitive touch screen IPS display based on one-glass solution (OGS) technology and runs on Android 4.1.1 (Jelly Bean). It comes with a 8-megapixel rear camera with BSI sensor, LED Flash, 1080p video recording and a 2-megapixel front-facing camera. It also has Full HD video playback and support for Nvidia Tegra games through NVIDIA TegraZone. This comes with support for single SIM similar to Xolo’s Intel-powered smartphones.
Xolo Play Specifications

• 4.7-inch HD (1280 x 720 pixels) capacitive touch screen IPS display at 312 ppi
  • Android 4.1.1 (Jelly Bean) OS
  • 1.5 GHz quad-core Nvidia Tegra 3 processor with 416 MHz 12 Core NVIDIA ULP GeForce GPU
  • 8 Megapixel camera with BSI sensor, LED Flash, 1080p video recording
  • 2 MP front-facing camera
  • 3.5 mm audio jack
  • 10.4 mm thick and weighs 167 grams
  • Full HD 1080p video playback
  • 3G HSPA+ 21 Mbps, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 3.0, GPS / aGPS
  • 1GB RAM, 4 GB internal memory, up to 32 GB expandable memory with microSD
  • 2000 mAh battery
The Xolo Play is expected to go on sale in coming weeks. No details about the price yet.

Xolo Play with 4.7-inch HD display, 1.5 GHz quad-core Tegra 3 processor coming soon

Looks like Xolo is finally stepping up their game and if this is price under 20k then it will be a steal for sure.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
by the time Play gets launched, Android 4.3 will be out. These mobiles ship with stock Android, should ship with upto date OS (at least 4.2) out of box.

Gollum

Collector
not for all. There are people who still prefer having one sim.
I'm not one of them though :p

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
On one end we have a company spamming the market like samsung,with okay phones,And here is XOLO spamming with the market with "Good Specs" Phones but with slightly old android

mohit9206

Ambassador of Buzz
Is it so hard to include 2gb of ram ? Ram is probably the cheapest component of a smartphone so why not stuff it as much as possible ?

At 167g, its a bit heavy phone(140g would have been better). Now this is a good spec phone at good price (Android 4.2 would have been icing on the cake). Now there is a competitor for Xperia L in terms of performance

Hey Flipkart is again showing wrong specs.......... This phone is shown as dual SIM ???

kbar1

Journeyman
Kudos to Xolo for trying something new and original (in Indian market). Unlike MMX which is ripping off Samsung quite overtly.

There haven't been many Tegra 3 devices (off the top of my head, I can name LG Optimus X4, Nexus 7 and HTC One X).

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
I would be interested in seeing what the quality of the display is.

Given how prices tend to be lower than the competition for "similar" specs, I have a feeling the display will probably be on the lower end, not quite the same as those found on the HTC One. Maybe the panel will not even be manufactured by Samsung/Sony/LG.

But I hope I'm wrong and that they do provide an awesome panel.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Till date XOLO phone does offer better display that other phones in the same price range. XOLO Q1000 does have a better display than Canvas HD. I have seen it by placing both of the phones in my two hands and if you check some reviews, they also have said the same thing.

OP
ZTR

ZTR

Cyborg Agent
Since this is based on Tegra 3 like HTC One X and Nexus 7 this has high chances of getting CM and thus becoming the first Indian brand phone to do so.

Top Bottom