Broken In
Hi guys,

I am selling a XFX 8600GT, used for 5 months. The details are given below:

Model: XFX PV-T84J-UDF7
Memory : 256MB DDR3
Core: 540MHz
Memory: 1400MHz
Shader: 1188MHz

The card still has 2 years and 07 months warranty left.
It's in perfect working condition with regular cleaning on my side.
I am expecting Rs. 3700(non negotiable) for the card considering the new prices of 4700(XFX).

Price Drop to 3300.:eek:

I have played a total of 4 games on this card:
Crysis, Gears of War, Call of Duty 4 & Unreal Tournament 3

Reason for Sale: Upgrade time*www.techenclave.com/images/smilies/ohyeah.gif

People from anywhere other than Bangalore can take the card but at shipping extra.
Guys from Bangalore preferred for immediate sale widout shipping hassles.

Interested people can contact me by SMS on 9886710881.

Bye.

Last edited:

williamjameswade

Right off the assembly line
Rs. 3700 is very high price for this card and furthermore this chip (8400/8500/8600) will be replaced by GeForce 9400/9500/9600 in June onwards. Not only this, it is better to buy a cheap new Mercury 8600 GT ddr3 at Rs. 3200 than this Stove Model.

*www.mercury-pc.com/product-detail.php?link=p-graphiccard&subtitle=Graphic Card&productid=779#

atish

Broken In
where are you ?? If you are in delhi I am intrested..

PS :- My SMS is very costly. Will talk via landline or mail.

confusedvicky

Right off the assembly line
aaah mercury the legendary crap mobo maker now crap out el cheapo gfx cards..wow...didnt know **** costed 3.2k bucks dese days.

where are you ?? If you are in delhi I am intrested..

PS :- My SMS is very costly. Will talk via landline or mail.
He is in Bangalore as he already mentioned.
aaah mercury the legendary crap mobo maker now crap out el cheapo gfx cards..wow...didnt know **** costed 3.2k bucks dese days.
but for a GFX card at 3K, it rules. Its better than Sapphire HD3450 for one. And its better than XFX 8500GT. Both are 3K too. So you can find nothing better than Mercury at 3K.

And this one is a second hand card. I hope you know the risks you can run with cards from untested/untrusted sources.

johnjjx

Ambassador of Buzz
@confusedvicky. Did u check d mercury card personaly. Mercury did provide affordable boards with decent quality. Did u hear nvidia boards n others 8yrs ago? Mercury was it.
N besides tht card is made by ECS a very reputd company. Its a great crd.

The xfx card shud fetch gud price atleast 3k. Coz xfx 3yrs wrrnty whereas mercury 1yr;-)

Last edited:
@confusedvicky. Did u check d mercury card personaly. Mercury did provide affordable boards with decent quality. Did u hear nvidia boards n others 8yrs ago? Mercury was it.
N besides tht card is made by ECS a very reputd company. Its a great crd.

The xfx card shud fetch gud price atleast 3k. Coz xfx 3yrs wrrnty whereas mercury 1yr;-)
as far as warranty is concerned, I suppose XFX can come at minimum 3.7K compared to Hg 3k.

OP
C

clown_abhi

Broken In
Hey guys,

Why keep on mentioning that a mercury card with supposedly a ECS OEM make 8600GT with 1 year warranty is available for 3.2K when the post is for selling a XFX 8600GT with 2.5 years warranty remaining? Do u think u are gonna get 1.5 years of warranty for free? If yes, then better go for the mercury one rather than fiddling around.

Whoever's interested in buying a XFX consider this thread. Plz don't bother to mention prices of different brands. I have sufficient idea of what the market is.

Regarding the price whoever found it a little high, the price is now revised to 3500+shipping

As for someone's comment on the card being a stove, let me tell u the temps of my card
Idle - 46-51(when overclocked)
Load - 75-81(when overclocked)
And for ur info, these temps are well within the safe limits for this chipset and the card is completely stable due to the good quality of the RAMs and the general make of the board. XFX doesn't sell cards just like that. If u need to compare it, compare it with evga cards which will cost u more than 4.8k for a new one.

Buying just any card is a child's play. Buying a stable card is more important than worrying about a 2-3 degree temperature difference. U get a 2.5 years warranty for all ur worries.

Anyway, whoever's interested, the price has been dropped to 3500+shipping. Reply only if interested at this price, else please don't. :)

vinaycm

Broken In
Please dont praise so much about XFX's build quality. I was also an XFX fan.. But once i has to remove the HSF of my card, & wanna know what i found? Instead of the thermal compoud there was some hard substance (which felt like plaster of paris), i dont know wether it was any kind of heatsink compound. It came off as a powder when scratched. Even worse was that the thing was not properly applied & was only there in half of the chip surface leaving the rest to be scorching. I applies some MX-2 & put back the HSF and the card was running a lot cooler..

Iam not sure wether this is an odd event or not.. Anyway guys check out ur cards also..

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
^^^....

;)..its definitely heat sink compound.....i experimented with my fx5200....its always like that.....its not always squishy.....

XFX is not BAD definitely....its good....not great......

@clown....

price will be good if u include the shipping....

OP
C

clown_abhi

Broken In
@clown....

price will be good if u include the shipping....[/quote]

The price is fine considering a 2.5 years of warranty remaining and solid overclocking power. When people are ready to go for 1 year warranty cards for 3.2K, this deal seems fine for 300 bucks extra for 1.5 years extra warranty. This price is excluding shipping, so guys from Bangalore preferred. It's my final price and is non-negotiable.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom