Xenforo Feedback Thread

khalil1210

In the zone
Hi @Raaabo

I think the branding removal part is mis-understood, Can you check with support once

To be clear, that means removing this text from the bottom of the page

*xenforo.com/community/data/attachments/174/174142-a22a517d7fbec0c569319c29fca252ed.jpg

It's nothing to do with the logo or anything and you're free to change the logo (it's one of the settings when you log in).

*xenforo.com/community/threads/250-to-remove-brand-removal-is-this-true.146433/post-1245732

Can you try navigating the admin page > Appearance > Style Properties > Basic Options > Logo Url and change the path to different image on the server. I think this will be enough to change the logo.

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
Hi @Raaabo

I think the branding removal part is mis-understood, Can you check with support once

*xenforo.com/community/threads/250-to-remove-brand-removal-is-this-true.146433/post-1245732

Can you try navigating the admin page > Appearance > Style Properties > Basic Options > Logo Url and change the path to different image on the server. I think this will be enough to change the logo.

But i read that it will violate tnc of xenforo if we manually change the logo somehow without paying $140/250.

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
did we need to pay $300 once or every year ?

If it's for once we can create a link to contribute minimum $1 or $2 and once we hit $300 the logo will be changed for good.

Æsoteric Positron

I AM GROOT (and so are you)
That said, I'm all ears to hear suggestions about how we might get the numbers in here...
I would suggest

1.Advertise this forum in the dgit mag, and remove the fasttrack AD about this forum. The fasttrack AD look dated and ugly which is the primary reason many think this forum is a old clunky place. Also I would suggest removing the presence of "Indian" from the ADs as it suggests that this is a place just to made to cater to Indians, a cash grab attempt to lure Indians.Try to phrase it as a feature instead of lable of this forum. Make the forum look lively and "modern", in the digit mag.
1'. While advertisements are all nice and well, they are NOTHING as compared to casually talking about the forum. If you truly like the community of this forum, put it in digit diary.

2.Also suggest people to ask advice from here in addition to agent001.

3.You should also give discussion snippets in the mag, like you did for the telegram group, it was much effective I think.

These all are the things that could have got myself in the forum, but since they obviously weren't there I got "lured in" by a mod (@Desmond David) here, instead of getting curious about this forum from the mag itself. I speak from the perspective from a newer member instead of a veteran one.

Now about the more serious/tough changes.
I am not talking xenforo here, as I
a) Do not know enough about its customisability.
b)Think that instead of targeting xenforo specifically I should instead tell what I don't like about it, which would be more helpful.
c) Can't compare ur forums to other forums, as I don't use many.
-:
1. This is not friendly for a beginner, signing up is confusing (gmail signup already pls!). Now if you piss off a new member just on the signup screen, then, well, it would be hard to get new members won't it?
2. The UI is not there.
a)The whole UI looks dated to me, the dark mode is hard to notice and change into and it even makes many things invisible. The white theme, does NOT look pleasing.
b)In addition to that, the page looks cluttered like an RTS game, with 10s of buttons on a single page, and they won't do anything to just "blend in" in the UI, instead of popping out.
c) Why do the new button and the create button look so insignificant? I still sometimes can't find the new and create buttons, not they are not big and not colourful, but they are not in proper place.
d) There is duplication of several buttons, the top menu bar being the culprit.
3. If you can get a separate domain for this forum, please do. The geek.digit.in site has a specific purpose and UI now, and this forum doesn't look like a part of it at all. Don't trust me? Just click the "Home" button now.

Now the third aspect of the suggestion is ur revenue from this forum. Now the first thing is to take note is that its a cycle, if you make this forum good, more people would come here, which would make you improve this forum more, which would get more people and the cycle goes on. Just make sure that this forum IS a good idea, not in 2003, but today. If you able to get sponsors on board who want to publish their ads on this forum, accept their deals. One thing I noted that, there is a lack of advertisments in this forum, like I didn't see much difference when I turned my adblocker off here. Maybe this points to a technical problem, but I would suggest you to increase the volume of (quality) ads on this forum.

In summary a)Harp about this forum b) make the UX better c) Increase the quantity of quality ads.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Also I would suggest removing the presence of "Indian" from the ADs as it suggests that this is a place just to made to cater to Indians, a cash grab attempt to lure Indians.
I think it's valid to maintain this as an Indian forum since anyone from outside India might not be privy to Indian market situation, availability of products, etc. Not gonna lie, this is an India first forum. While foreigners are allowed to make accounts here, in my experience most of them are spammers and they are usually promptly banned when encountered.

2.Also suggest people to ask advice from here in addition to agent001.
Yeah, we have some very experienced members here who are very knowledgeable about PC builds, laptop, mobile advice, etc.
3.You should also give discussion snippets in the mag, like you did for the telegram group, it was much effective I think.
They do it for some threads. But the shortened URLs expire after sometime.
2. The UI is not there.
a)The whole UI looks dated to me, the dark mode is hard to notice and change into and it even makes many things invisible. The white theme, does NOT look pleasing.
b)In addition to that, the page looks cluttered like an RTS game, with 10s of buttons on a single page, and they won't do anything to just "blend in" in the UI, instead of popping out.
c) Why do the new button and the create button look so insignificant? I still sometimes can't find the new and create buttons, not they are not big and not colourful, but they are not in proper place.
d) There is duplication of several buttons, the top menu bar being the culprit.
These points are generally the same for most forums. Perhaps there might be more themes that might add visibility. But then again these points are by and large the issue with Xenforo and not with this forum in particular. However, I still think that a user can get accustomed to a lot of these features.
3. If you can get a separate domain for this forum, please do. The geek.digit.in site has a specific purpose and UI now, and this forum doesn't look like a part of it at all. Don't trust me? Just click the "Home" button now.
This will break some plugins, that is why the domain cannot be changed at this time. That being said I used to like the old thinkdigit.com/forum URL.
Now the third aspect of the suggestion is ur revenue from this forum. Now the first thing is to take note is that its a cycle, if you make this forum good, more people would come here, which would make you improve this forum more, which would get more people and the cycle goes on. Just make sure that this forum IS a good idea, not in 2003, but today. If you able to get sponsors on board who want to publish their ads on this forum, accept their deals. One thing I noted that, there is a lack of advertisments in this forum, like I didn't see much difference when I turned my adblocker off here. Maybe this points to a technical problem, but I would suggest you to increase the volume of (quality) ads on this forum.
Digit does not make any revenue from the forum. This forum is actually a money sink if anything. It's just kept alive by their good graces for regular members.

Æsoteric Positron

I think it's valid to maintain this as an Indian forum since anyone from outside India might not be privy to Indian market situation, availability of products, etc. Not gonna lie, this is an India first forum. While foreigners are allowed to make accounts here, in my experience most of them are spammers and they are usually promptly banned when encountered.
Well, these were my thoughts when I was Digit describing this forum as India's forum, but it seems digit itself is moving away from that identity of the forum, describing it as "One of the most active online tech forum not only in India but world-wide".
These points are generally the same for most forums. Perhaps there might be more themes that might add visibility. But then again these points are by and large the issue with Xenforo and not with this forum in particular.
Well, yeah I was avoiding saying "XENFORO". These are not problems in forums like LTT though. I made an account just to check :). How can their "new" and "create" button be so small, yet so easy to find?

However, I still think that a user can get accustomed to a lot of these features.
What features? I was talking about bad placement of UI elements and duplicate ways to do the same task.
This will break some plugins, that is why the domain cannot be changed at this time. That being said I used to like the old thinkdigit.com/forum URL.
Oh. Well, I don't think that the confusing domain is a fixable problem then, maybe removal of "Home" button would be helpful though?

Digit does not make any revenue from the forum. This forum is actually a money sink if anything. It's just kept alive by their good graces for regular members.
Yeah, I was saying that they should, just to avoid making this project a money sink. I can't suggest them ways to make more money, but take that LLT forum for example, he is using that from to advertise his videos, alongwith putting other ads.

Last edited:

TheSloth

The Slowest One

These all are the things that could have got myself in the forum, but since they obviously weren't there I got "lured in" by a mod (@Desmond David) here, instead of getting curious about this forum from the mag itself. I speak from the perspective from a newer member instead of a veteran one.

They printed a snippet about Digit telegram group? what was it?

TheSloth

The Slowest One
I didn't even know until now. Hmmmm....
Is telegram group that active? Is it like forum, having mods and all that?
I thought there is only whatsapp group. How is this telegram group different from whatsapp group??

Æsoteric Positron

I thought there is only whatsapp group. How is this telegram group different from whatsapp group??
Well, the difference between telegram and whatsapp group is that, telegram group is the official one, with dgit editors as its admins ( to listen to the feedbacks). The group is, arguably, active.Its primary purpose being, people to interact with digit team, to give them feedback about the mag. Its unofficially also a place to hang out with forum members and dgit subscribers.

We currently don't have many members(113 to be exact) so currently, Desmonddavid(from the forum) with occasional help from the digit staff maintain it.

Last edited:

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
It seems non-login users no longer see our Forum Signatures. Might be a theme issue with the default light theme.

*i.imgur.com/Coy3pzT.jpg

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
There are two telegram groups, one is unofficial having some old members created long time back. Another is the official one created by Raaabo.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
^
Then why this forum isn't featured in the magazine? Weird. I remember years back when @Allu Azad post from the forum was printed in the digit magazine, everyone liked it here.
Is the telegram group that active or productive??
Or is it more like they want their presence in smartphone area but since they don't have dedicated app they went for Telegram group?

Top Bottom