XBOX 360 or A desktop with C2Q, 4 GB RAM, & 8800 GT ?

XBOX 360 or A desktop with C2Q, 4 GB RAM, & 8800 GT ?

• XBOX 360

Votes: 14 50.0%
  • A desktop with C2Q, 4 GB RAM, & 8800 GT

Votes: 14 50.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

soumya

In the zone
I was planning to buy a XBOX 360 but my father told me that he would not invest 24,000 just for gaming purposes. Now yesterday my father saw an ad regarding 360 in the paper, where the pro 360's effective price was given as 15,300 something. But later we realised that since they were giving 4 free games, they subtracted the price from the 24,000 but I have to pay 24,000. Anyways, I called up one of the guys who mobile number was given beside the ad, and he told me that he can get my console modded for 2300 extra and that my warranty would not be void since he is in the company and the product would go through him if it has a defect within the one year replacement warranty period. My father called up another guy and he told that it's not possible and that the other guy is making false claims. The warranty would get void if modded whatever the circumstances are. But I saw on youtube that it's possible to take the warranty sticker out without tearing it, if heated with a hair dryer Anyways on ebay, I am getting this same console modded with 25 games and with an extra wireless controller for 26,000 which here would be 9000 more. So what should I do?

There is another question

My father is not keen to give me an 360 and is more interested in giving me a PC. Currently I have a Lenovo laptop with C2D 1.66, 100 GB HDD, 2 GB RAM, GeForce Go 7400, Tv tuner, webcam. I also have a desktop purchased in 2002 with AMD ATHLON XP 1800+ @ 1.5 GHz, 512 MB RAM, 40 GB HDD, Creative 5.1 speaker and sound card. So as you can understand I am not being able to play any games right now. So should I buy a new PC or 360? Or should I wait for the new 45 nm C2Q processors, Geforce 9 series and ddr3 ram?

So it comes down to this, a computer with c2q q6600, 4 gb ddr2 ram, 8800 gt graphics card or the 360? Or should I wait?

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
to be honest u shud get a x360 if ur purpose is only gaming. by now u DO realize more games are coming 2 the 360 and better games are coming. u shud also mod it in my opinion

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
I'd suggest the pc. The hardware is powerful enough to play most new games and will stay that way for a while. Plus you can do a lot more things on a PC compared to a console. Plus pc games are much cheaper.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
depends what u wanna do - if ur a gamer and like gaming then its got to be a console if not then pc; u can go thru the tech news section and will see day after day there some gfx card leaks 1 better than the other so no matter what ur gonna feel stupid once u invest in any gpu but in a console its not gonna be like that consoles still have a shelf life and that too of years as compared to the mere few days of a gpu :)

so if its gaming then console and the console also doubles up as a media box u can watch hd movies and all too

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
get a PC
also microsoft is far more intelligent-the warranty seal does not matter-if u have fiddled with firmware it will be revealed. + with newer updates u'll be banned one day.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Get the XBOX. You already have a laptop for doing PC tasks like forumming.....so why get another PC

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
yay i missed reading it :)
why another PC?
get a Xbox-dont mod it.or get a modded one from palika at a very cheap rate..failure rates of both these xboxes (if originl is modded) will be the same

OP
soumya

soumya

In the zone
actually the problem is that if i get the pc now, it would be outdated way too soon since dd3 ram and geforce 9 series is just around the corner. the 8800 gt will cost arnd 15,000 right now, so what if the 9 series cards cost the same. also the new 45 nm c2q processors are not availaible right now. consoles have some exclusive titles like gta iv, halo 3, mass effect, smackdown vs raw 2008. so i am really confused right now!

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
Get PS3 60 Gb eye closed :) Its the most future safe Console.. You geta Blue Ray drive too ;) Also it has gr8 power and will last much longer.. Xbox 360 has low life I mean in term of its hardware capability I have seen lots of 360 died in low time.. It went kaput you will find lots of news regarding that ,, Get PS3 ,its gong to get stupendous game titles in 08 :D PC :| Forget about it ..

OP
soumya

soumya

In the zone
Get PS3 60 Gb eye closed :) Its the most future safe Console.. You geta Blue Ray drive too ;) Also it has gr8 power and will last much longer.. Xbox 360 has low life I mean in term of its hardware capability I have seen lots of 360 died in low time.. It went kaput you will find lots of news regarding that ,, Get PS3 ,its gong to get stupendous game titles in 08 :D PC :| Forget about it ..

afaik, the ps3 cannot be a modded as of yet so I have to buy original games, and I don't have that much money.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
PS3 or XBox is what you should get. IMHO at this stage (owning a desktop and a laptop) buying a new PC with those specs just doesn't cut it!

saqib_khan

I M A *STAR*
East or west , PC is the best.

Don't waste ur money on buying xbox or ps3, PC can be used for educational purpose also or for any other purpose.

So, in short PC is the best.

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
+1 for the PC. U can play most of the games at a gud resolution with ur config. So go ahead with multi-usability of a PC.

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
For all those saying: PC can be used for other purposes etc... - HE ALREADY HAS 2 COMPUTERS!!!

+1 .. and there is no future proof .. 8800 Gt is dated already as HD 3870X2 is out.. Though it s gr8 but nvidia 9 series will be ut soon and 8800 Gt will be of no use then :| Also it does not support DX 10.1, though Dx 10 or 10.1 is useless :p till date ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom