XBOX 360 or A desktop with C2Q, 4 GB RAM, & 8800 GT ?

XBOX 360 or A desktop with C2Q, 4 GB RAM, & 8800 GT ?

• XBOX 360

Votes: 14 50.0%
  • A desktop with C2Q, 4 GB RAM, & 8800 GT

Votes: 14 50.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
soumya

soumya

In the zone
My pc doesn't have a pci-e slot. hell, it has only a agp slot and that too 4x. emulators never give the true experience of a console. many games are not supported. and i don't know when the 360 or ps3 emulators will be released. emulators have a lot of bugs. and as far as console gaming is expensive concerned, a modded 360 can play games available in the grey market which cost between 100-200. so i am getting an xbox 360 pro console tomorrow from an original dealer. they have promised me that they will get it modded for 2300 and the one year replacement warranty will remain intact as they will submit the report if a failure occurs and i have confirmed that with the regional manager. he says that people who check for faults don't understand the firmware change :D

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
buying Xbox is great but i dont trust ur seller..i mean if faulty consoles were not checked for firmware hacking then RROD'ed consoles wont sell for 3.5k :)

OP
soumya

soumya

In the zone
well, maybe in some parts of the country some sellers are there who check thoroughy, but i am in kolkata and i guess i am lucky.

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
You have got all the facts wrong.

From your posts, it seems like you are under the impression that the console is repaired locally, which certainly is not the case.

All RROD consoles are sent to a common repair unit, which I believe is in Australia.

Earlier, they used to simply replace the console with a new one but that was when the number of consoles in India was substantially less. Now the policy the world over is to do a through check of the console, including firmware hacking.

All the bullshit that your dealer has been telling you is sure to land you in a hell lot of trouble one day. I don't understand how they will submit the report in case of a failure? As far as I know, you are supposed to call the Xbox helpline and they will send over a guy to collect it. Dealers are not there in the chain at all!

Better think twice before you take the plunge. If you are investing good money in the console, be ready to pay for the games as well. Not only will you be doing the safe thing, but you will be doing the right thing as well, by supporting the developers. If you would rather prefer to be pirate all life, then just pray that your console doesn't RROD.

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
^ thats what i told him
consoles are not repaired in india they are done in U.S (RRODs at least)
minor troubles might be checked in india too but i dont think its possible since i dont know any microsoft repair centre.the first thing that MS is gonna check is DVD firmware or modchip and then trash the console.ur dealer is just interested in making money

OP
soumya

soumya

In the zone
the dealer told me that it get's repaired in australia, but is completely based on the dealer report. they don't have to send the faulty consoles to australia since it's a replacement warranty!

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
replacement warranty is not like u give them faulty console and they present you a new one-it takes 1 month to get a replacement and yea-when u send it u have to tell what the fault is,not the retailer.

now microsot takes faulty consoles,refurbishes them and sells it or returns to the same customer (you) IF possible within a month.they never trash a console--Thats microsoft's policy.

and its very easy to check modding-they can just pop in a pirated dvd :) or check drive's firmware/checksum..
just use some logic man-none of modded consoles ever got a replacement so how can u get ?

OP
soumya

soumya

In the zone
beacause a microsoft eastern business manager says so, he says that if he gives a report, noone has the power to reject it :)

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
But playing 3-4 HQ Games(in terms of gameplay and graphics) is much better than playing lame games .

Also , there's always the option of trading games with your friends .

About 6 of my good Friends have Xbox 360's and we all trade games with each other , this way , no 2 persons have the same game but we can play lotsa games .

Then , i trade games with ppl all over lucknow , barter system ruleth !

@ax3 , man on PC too you'll be buying Games worth 1k if you wanna do things the legal way .

And by the way , He Already has 2 PC's what is he gonna do with one more . Buying one more PC is a much bigger waste of money in his situation .

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
beacause a microsoft eastern business manager says so, he says that if he gives a report, noone has the power to reject it :)

Trust us on this. He is just out to make a quick buck.

If you have already made up your mind, then no one can change your view on this. Just go ahead and do what you want. Dont complain later though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom