Xbox 360 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
Big news fellas!!! Actual images of the Xbox 360 have been leaked!!! They were taken at the taping of the MTV show and show the console, the headset, controller, camera, etc. It is silver and does indeed have wireless controllers. Get the scoop at IGN:

*xbox360.ign.com/articles/611/611226p1.html

geek_rohit

In the zone
Whoa baby!!!
It looks hot.
Can't wait to get my hands on it. Waiting for its launch eagerly. Will get to see more good games for it soon I guess. The screenies of the Rugby was something imagine the other games.

G

gxsaurav

Well the Specs of XBOX 360 are leaked

*www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=318457

3.2 GHZ, Tripple core based CPU, 48 pipelines ATI R520 based card, it will take 5 years in reality for ATI to reach 48 pipelines on a desktop as well as nvidia, 512 MB GDD3 Memory, dam

I wonder, will MS bundle a Liquid cooling system with this BOX

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
@the pic shows xbox simillar to the last pic leaked which was also posted by someone in this topic, looks good

@gx, ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

S

sunnydiv

wow man, 48 pipelines

how much are these monsters expected to cost

and wasnt ps3 gonna come jan 2006 ?

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
Xbox 360 will probably cost $299 and $399 for the two different versions. The PS3 aint coming until next summer at least. Sony haven't said anything about the release except for a 2006 release.

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
ah man! I want I want I want! :D And I just abt recovered financially from my marriage expenditure just now...oh well....credit card here I come! lol.

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
LOL, don't do that! :D I was nearly tempted to fish out the plastic piece for the PSP this Sunday when I held it in my hands again. It took a really superhuman effort to realize that the console is bit pricey for now and there aren't enough games available for it. The 360 is something that I would buy too, but I would wait a bit so that the prices come down. BTW, wasn't there a MCE version of the XBox, is that the one for the $400 mark? That is something that I think would be worth investing in, as I read somewhere that it could also play select PC titles as well.

S

sunnydiv

[edited]: its nice that u have read the book :p , EMOTIONAL ROI :p is a relatively new concept for me. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
HUH!?? Wrong choice of words? Were we talking about Kiyosaki and financial literacy or IPOs here? I HAVE read the book, FYI, but I don't see why you are bringing that in now. I consider it a "personal investment", one that brings me full value as far as an emotional ROI is concerned, if that's what you mean. I am not looking to make it work to get me money. Investment is not necessarily something that involves financial gain, now, is it? Everything that I spend on is an investment, because it works for me. :)

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
@enoonmai: As per the info I have read, the two versions will differ in one main aspect: a detachable HDD. I think Bill Gates had said that the 360 will use an interface that will be similar to windows. Maybe they will release a fully tricked out version for around $500 that will serve all the functions you could possibly need :p

But as of now, speculation is that there are two versions that will cost $299 and $399

abhijeet_ghosh

Journeyman
Since the Xbox show isn't going to be shown on MTV India, why doesn't everybody here log onto MTV India and ask them to air that show. I've already done that and if they get enough requests for that show they might actually air it here. After all everybody can't watch that show on the internet or download it from p2p.

G

gxsaurav

Well, XBOX 360 has been officially unvailed on MTV in US, here is the compleate info to read

Article at Anandtech

*www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2414&p=3

Official Console specs

*www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox360/factsheet.htm

Controller Info

*www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox360/peripheralsfactsheet.htm

Hmm, Unified shader model, hmm, this means single pipeline which can do both Shader & vertex processig, more efifecient then current architecture of different pipelines for different work

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
Well guys, for those who would like to see the unveiling, here is the link, courtsey Enoonmai. It's a torrent, so use a bittorrent client to download it. Will look out for http links if possible.

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
One slight warning, though, there is no official confirmation on whether its the real deal or not. My download is 48% done and I would recommend fans to wait for this sucker to finish his download by tonight and confirm if this is the real deal. The file is, after all, 180MB. :D

EDIT:

The file IS the real deal. Gentlemen, start your downloads! This is definitely something you gotta see. For those that can't wait or can't download, 180MB, here's the sweet deal!

Well, it had to come. The XBox 360 unveiling video is out for download on TorrentSpy here. For those of you who want to know more, but cant download the 180MB video, here's some info and screenshots from my X-perience. The program begins with a couple of people across various countries (possibly the ones in which the XBox will be released. Country list includes the USA, France, Japan, Germany, Brazil, Switzerland, UK, Spain, South Africa, Australia, Mexico and Thailand) carrying their XBox 360s around in a sleek silver colored shoulder bag, which looks like it may come along with the console. If not, then it is definitely something to be purchased.

The show then gets under way with Elijah Wood (LOTR, The Good Son, etc.) hosting the presentation and giving a preview of what's going to come in the next 20 minutes, which includes an in-depth look into the console, the XBox Design Labs, the games, multiplayer with celebrities and pro gamers and a special performance by "The Killers."

The program first focuses on the gaming revolution and how it got there. Host Jim Schearer of MTV2 gives viewers the lowdown on how gaming has evolved from Pong all the way to the games for the XBox 360. There are some fleeting, yet mightily split-second gameplay videos of a Resident Evil-type game, NFS: Most Wanted, the new Madden NFL game, Project Gotham Racing 3 and some other FPSes (maybe Ghost Recon 3, I couldn't be sure!) While Jim talks about the gaming revolution since Pong (72), the Atari 2600 (77) and games such as PacMan, Space Invaders, Donkey Kong and Mario Bros. and the screens show even the older Nintendo GameBoy, it suddenly leaps forward to 2001 and launch of the first XBox, with absolutely no mention of the Sony PS/PS2 or the GameCube. (Of course, no big surprise there!)

Once that is complete, we fast forward to the present and Elijah Wood presents "the future of gaming", upon which the girl from the opening shots walk onto the stage with the XBox and proceeds to lovingly fix it on the central base and power up the Ring Of Light. The traditional green laser light that's the trademark of the console comes on all around it, and a top-side pan shows the entire stage, along with the lasers to be one big XBox 360 logo. The multimedia presentation starts, with the new XBox logo, and how its supposed to be always connected, personalized, etc. etc.

Then comes the mindblowingly great song and video "Mr. Brightside" from "The Killers" which is something that has to be seen to be believed. From having the Rolling Stones perform "Start Me Up!" at the Windows 95 launch, to the song that goes "...It's Killing Me!" at the XBox 360 launch, Microsoft sure knows their advertising tactics. A PlayStation "killer"? Let's wait and see! :D

After the performance that will leave you with a really tingling sensation and a mad adrenaline rush, Elijah Wood talks to Lil Jon (the greedy pig hopes to get a free XBox 360) and they play around with the psychedelic, transforming XBox 360 logo.

After a short commercial break, Jim Schearer talks to Tony Hawk who has new games coming out for the XBox 360, including American Wasteland, which he describes as "one seamless giant level." Huh! I don't play the game anyway, but those that do, drool, 'coz this LOOKS great! Then we are shown the other games that will be out for the XBox 360, including Tiger Woods PGA Tour 06, Need For Speed Most Wanted and Madden NFL 06.

Next up, customization of the XBox 360. Sway talks to "Pimp My Ride" customization experts Ryan and Mad Mike of West Coast Customs, who customize their XBox 360 experience. These guys are nuts and cool at the same time. They take an older XBox apart, sand it down, paint deathfaces on it, plug an LCD monitor with some flashy green LEDs and the finished product will blow your mind away! Johnathan Hayes, the lead XBox designer and Matt Day, Designer, Astro, take a tour of the XBox Headquarters at Redmond, WA. They run through the evolution of design, where they designed the whole 360 console from the original XBOx design. A whole gamut of designs (including the one that looked like the Photoshopped heatsink are all Microsoft designs that were later abandoned) The Executive Producer of the XBox 360, J Allard, talks about the skinnable faceplates and a whole range of skins and talks about the "monster inside."

First up, the Live Marketplace, the place on XBox Live like EBay, where you can actually conduct micro-transactions. Also featured are game downloads, where you can automatically download free and premium content with a single selection, say maps for Halo 2 or Perfect Dark Zero , etc. In fact, the display actually prompts that particular XBox 360 to download three new maps for Halo 2. (I guess backward compatibility is not an issue if the console can play Halo 2, huh?) After a short commercial break, its time to showcase some more games such as Kameo: Elements of Power, Gears of War, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon 3, Project Gotham Racing 3, NBA 2K6, Quake IV (WOOOHOOO!), Call of Duty 2 (Double WOOOOHOOOO!), The Darkness (from Majesco of BloodRayne fame).

After the previews, four gamers (Amy Brady (AthenaPMS), Matt Leto (Yvos), Delroy Palmer (D-Mega), Estelle Ellis (Motion Capture Artist)) get a chance to try out Perfect Dark Zero deathmatch at Rare Studios, UK. First off, THEY get to try out MoCap and check out unfinished (wireframe/basic textures) sequences from the PDZ game. Here we learn some juicy information on the game, such as the game having 5000 polygons per character, about 300,000 polygons in the background, support for 50 or more players online, interaction with all the objects in the game, which includes FULLY-destructible objects, etc. The demo level that these people try out is mind boggling (2-player splitscreen) with the ability to switch to different vision modes on the fly, excellent vehicles (which seem to control like a charm) and a lot more. After completing their training in the UK, they return for a 4-on-4 team deathmatch with celebrities such as Omarion and Joseph Hahn (Linkin Park), Uzi and Wilder Valderrama. Team One wins in the end with a single leading frag. And that concludes the presentation of the XBox 360, which closes with another killer performance from "The Killers."

I have created a gallery of 40 screenshots from the video as well as some select video segments featuring upcoming games. Find them here:

MTV & XBox 360 Launch Video Photo Gallery (40 screenshots)
XBox Games Video 1 (3.25MB-xviD)
XBox Games Video 2 (3.25MB-xviD)

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
I was really disappointed with the show. They concentrated more on silly stuff like celebrities and the Killers than the console. They said nothing about the controllers and never even showed them properly. The accessories were completely missing from the show and the upcoming game clips were way too brief. And the show did not give any new info other than what everyone already knows. Much better to read www.ign.com and www.gamespy.com they'll tell you more than the show :p

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Yeah, that was something I noticed. But then how much could these guys cram into a 20 minute program? Plus, this was more of a hype-inducing PR stunt before the E3. The real juice about the console will be at the E3, not on an MTV show. Plus, there was only one guy that was interested in the technical details, the others wouldn't even know what the team would be talking to. I dont suppose Elijah Wood would be interested in knowing if it was an R500 or an R520 ATI card behind the scenes. :D For a preview, it was good, and set the mood for the console for E3, which is where the fun REALLY begins! :D

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
Whoa! Great screens. The download link doesn't work. Anyways, have fired up my BitComet client and downloading the vid now. 30ks now, so will have it soon. :)

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
or u can download it from here(44 MB), no torrent fuss

*trailers.gametrailers.com/gt_vault/t_xb360_unveiling.wmv

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom