Xbox 360 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
ctrl_alt_del that the xbox-2 development kit photograph which is only supplied to the game developers makin games for xbox360

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
lol, yeah, I know that too though I am not sure if thats an authentic pic. Did you notice that it says "Xenon Devlopement Kit"? And now that the thoery that the console might be called X-Box 360 gaining credibilty by the day, I am not too sure if the pic is authentic.

G

gxsaurav

good thing is that they might give official wireless controllers this time, whats the use of giving wired anyway

OP
Sourabh

Sourabh

Laptoping
well lets c which pic is real but with wireless controllers batteries are always an issue

most gamers wont have mind the wired controllers if the variants of it come for cheap

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
Well, it will be called 360 but Xenon was probably the code name so they called it Xenon Development Kit. Yea, wireless controllers would be cool. Just 20 odd days until launch.

devilhead_satish

In the zone
Source Techtree
I dont need everyone to tell me that this is a rip. I'm doing this for the sake of spreadin the news.
Yep, this is the real thing. After years of mock-ups and concept renders, here we are at last. Xbox 360. The real thing.
*images.techtree.com/ttimages/story//3398_fw_xbox360_full1.jpg
According to latest reports, the Xbox 360 will show off a tri-core 3GHz PowerPC (each) CPU, a power 500+MHz ATI Radeon graphics processor, and 256mb of DDR RAM. Apparently there s a confusion over the memory type, but I think its safe to assume DDR (what else will it be? SDR? Yeah right).
Games will be available on regular DVDs (maybe dual-layer only), not HD-DVD (surprising) or Blu-Ray (obviously). Memory cards are now the game saving norm, ranging from 64MB to 1GB, a rather unwelcome deviation from the current Xbox that saves games directly to the built in hard disk. Speaking of hard disks, the Xbox 360 HDD will be optional, and connectable externally, like a portable USB HDD. Now this I don t like. I'm quite in love with the way a regular 3.5" IDE HDD fits into the older PS2s.
*images.techtree.com/ttimages/story//3398_fw_xbox360_full2.jpg
The latest word is also suggesting that the Xbox 360 will ship with wireless controllers, which is great - I really see no reason for going with regular wired controllers anymore anyway.

Did you guys know that Microsoft decided to call this new Xbox the "360" because they thought consumers would think that the "PlayStation 3" is more advanced than "Xbox 2" just because of the number?

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
*img10.echo.cx/img10/9336/xbox360screen0011hc.jpg
As the week began, a photo began to circulate around the Web which purported to be of the next-generation Xbox. Looking like a game-geek version of the famed Loch Ness Monster photo, the blurry image showed a slim silver-gray console on its side, PlayStation 2-style with a GameCube-like curved handle. It also had a distinct "X" logo on the side with a 360-degree circle at its center. While some dismissed the device as a modded PC case, others felt that they had seen it somewhere before. That's because they had. Last September, an image was reportedly leaked from a Microsoft focus group, one of which was called the "Xbox FS." Since the name rumored to stand for "F*** Sony," many people laughed off the silver-gray image that accompanied it. However, when flipped on its side and put next to this week's photo (pictured), the two are clearly the same machine--a machine very much like one with a "concave center" described in recent reports in the British games press. But perhaps the most convincing proof came in the form of an image from the teaser site Ourcolony.net. The site, which has been linked to Microsoft and has "leaked" images of what appears to be Xbox 360 controllers, released a photo of what looks like a console with the a silver-gray finish and a disc tray in the same place as the concept image and leaked photo. One last bit of circumstantial evidence is that at the new MTV trailer for the Xbox's unveiling ends with the Xbox's new logo--against a gray, not black, background.
Source: Gamespot Rumor Control

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
LOL another pic. More and more pix are turning up as the day nears. Less than 20 days to go. I have a feeling that Sony will try to pull off something that will take all the attention away from the 360. They can't let the 360 steal all the attention. :wink:

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
well bad nws guyz, no telecast of the xbox360 event on mtv India(i never hoped though)

this info is from official XBOX site

“MTV Presents: The Next Generation Xbox Revealed� will be broadcast around the world. Local market times are as follows:

North America: Thursday, May 12, at 9:30 p.m. (21:30)
Japan/Asia(only if this denotes India too): Friday, May 13, at 11:30
Europe: France: Friday, May 13, at 19:00
Germany: Friday, May 13, at 19:00
Italy: Friday, May 13, at 23:30
Netherlands: Friday, May 13, at 19:30
Poland: Friday, May 13, at 21:00
Portugal: Friday, May 13, at 20:00
Romania: Friday, May 13, at 20:00
Scandinavia: Friday, May 13, at 22:00
Spain: Friday, May 13, at 21:30
U.K.: Friday, May 13, at 20:00
Australia: Friday, May 13, at 19:00

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
Well that's no surprise. They will probably only telecast it in places where the Xbox 360 will be sold. MS never brought the Xbox to India and the same case will probably apply to the 360 as well.

OP
Sourabh

Sourabh

Laptoping
Gates: Xbox 360 controllers to work on Longhorn

The Windows Hardware Engineering Conference 2005 began today and Chairman Bill Gates has been talking our ears off about tablet PCs, a 64-bit Windows, auxiliary displays, and really not too much relating to Xbox. The one bit of news that GAF has seen coming out of WinHEC is that Xbox 360 controllers will be compatible out of the box with Longhorn, the next version of the Windows operating system.

This is probably due to the wireless functionality. We'll let you speculate in the comments precisely what technologies this would use, but we're betting there will be a USB attachment for PCs that allows Longhorn to talk to Xbox 360 controllers wirelessly.

If any more Xbox 360 news is revealed at WinHEC, GAF will have it as it breaks.

Source: Games Are Fun

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Adding to the large number of items that have already emerged concerning the Xbox 360, another image has shown up out of nowhere to peak the interest of curious gamers. Last week, we saw what was said to be images of the system "leak", and now another image has popped up...the system's logo. Check it out for yourself:

*vib.gamercentric.com/x3602.JPG

If you couldn't tell by now, it all but seems the system will indeed be called the Xbox 360, and will sport the circular logos that have been hinted at by the company ever since they sent out their press invitations for E3, as well as the MTV promo teaser that showed a sleeker Xbox logo.

source

OP
Sourabh

Sourabh

Laptoping
Gates: New Xbox has chance to be No. 1

"The next generation of Microsoft's Xbox gaming console, due later this month, will give the world's largest software maker a chance to overtake gaming business leader Sony, Microsoft Chairman Bill Gates asserted on Monday.

"Our goal in the last generation was to be in the game," Gates told reporters. "We came out of this round a strong No. 2."

Speaking at a meeting of the Society of American Business Editors and Writers, Gates said that the newest version of the Xbox, code-named Xenon, would have features that will make the device a more versatile tool for games, music, video and pictures in the living room.

Gates also emphasized that Xenon will take advantage of the growing availability of televisions and content in high-definition format, which allows clearer pictures to be displayed on large, wide screens.

Microsoft is planning release details of its next generation Xbox on May 12 in an MTV special, ahead of a key gaming conference later this month where Sony is also expected to talk about its successor to the PlayStation 2, its current generation console and market leader."

Read More/Source: News.com

raj14

In Deniel
IMO the name XBox 360 is kinda dull, i mean, Xenon would have been great! It sounds stupid, But who knows, MS can surprise us by showing a New named XBox on May 12th. If you look at the specs Xbx 360 is underpowered compared to sony PS3, it has a 12GHz 64-Bit Processor while ps3 has 32GHz CELL CPUs. Theres also PGR3 in development for the Box. Btw would that "unveiling" be shown on MTv india?

raj14

In Deniel
No man, i read it somewhere not kidding each core has 1MB L2 cache. And runs a at spee of 4GHz+ But the Cell will most likely be a 32-Bit CPU. And maybe will lose out to Xbox 2. Btw i m soon getting a Xbox, any tips/precautions would be really appreciated:-]

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Each core has a 1MB L2 cache? The specifications for the PS3 as of now stand thus:

8 Identical Attached Processing Unit (APU): 64 bits, Single Instruction, Multiple Data (SIMD)
Clock Frequency: 4GHz
Integer Unit: 4 X Integer Units: 32 billion operations per second (32 GFLOPS).
4 X Floating Point Units: 32 billion floating point operations per second (32 GFLOPS)
Register Capacity: 128 times 128 bits
Local Memory / Storage or (LS) per APU: 128 kilobytes SRAM
Main Memory: Main Memory: 64-bit XDR-RAM at 6.4GHz
Memory Bandwidth: (dual-channel = 102.4 GB/s)
DMA: 1 channel per APU
Direct Memory to APU Access: 1,024 bits wide per channel. (8 Channels)
LS to Register: 128bits
Registers to Floating Point or Integer Units: 384 bits per channel
Floating Point or Integer Units to Register: 128 bits per channel
Gate Width: 0.10 micron
Pixel Fill Rate: 16 G/Sec
Display Output:
NTSC/PAL
Digital TV (DTV)
VESA (maximum 1280 x 1024 pixels)
High Defenition TV (HDTV)
Max Resolution: ~2560 x 1920
Disc Device-CD-ROM and DVD-ROM/Blu-Ray