WTF! news

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Hi all,

We occasionally come across some news which simply makes us go "DAFUQ did I just read!!??", this thread is a one stop list of all the stupidity that human beings are capable of dispersing.

Let me start up with this :

UK Judge: Galaxy Tab "Not Cool" Enough To Infringe iPad

Samsung Electronics Co. (005930) won a legal ruling after a U.K. judge said its Galaxy tablets aren’t “cool” enough to be confused with Apple Inc. (AAPL)’s iPad.
The Galaxy tablets “do not have the same understated and extreme simplicity which is possessed by the Apple design,” Birss said. “They are not as cool.”
Source

Mario

Ambassador of Buzz
Whats remarkable is they source components from each other and sue each other as well at the same time! :p

BAU, I guess!

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Anti-piracy Group Fined For Using Song Without Permission

Five years ago a composer created music for use in a one-off anti-piracy video. However, without his permission it was used time and again on dozens of commercial DVDs such as Harry Potter. Even in the wake of a huge controversy over “corrupt” and “mafia-like” practices, the local music rights group that got involved in the case failed to pay him the money he was owed. The case went to court and this week the music rights group lost.
Source

Top Bottom