WTF!! My Harddisk partitions just vanished! Strange

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
Hi

So I have this Lennovo Thinkpad T520 laptop. It has a total HDD capacity of 300 GB.
On it's arrival I had created few partitions to store movies , music etc. It was some 4 months ago.
Everything was working flawlessly till now. Today when I opened my Music player to play a song , I got the shock of my life!! It said that it couldn't find the files.
So I went to Computer, only to find this:
*i41.tinypic.com/212xy8h.jpg

All my other drives are vanished. It's just not there.
I am sure I didn't do anything at all in the past two days. And all the files were there the day before.

So I went to Disk Management and I see this:
*i41.tinypic.com/2vb4tp0.jpg

Strange, how it says that C drive is for 300 GB, while in the first line it tells me its for 58 GB (which is what it shows in My Computer).
When I try to Shrink the volume, it gives me a limit of 20 GB ( I assume because it's the Free space available).

To make everything worse, My system recovery was not turned on.

And since this is a Office laptop, I can't risk doing anything nerdy .

Any suggestion guys. It's the weirdest sh!t I've ever seen.
Lots of Data is there. It just vanished.

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
1.Try booting a linux live cd and check if you can mount your partitions and recover data.Else try gparted and see if partition are there or not .

2.Try recollecting if you have made any change to partition recently.If they are ext3 , they may not be visible in windows.

fun2sh

Pawned!... Beyond GODLIKE
OMG!! EGGMAN didnt realize it was you whose partition vanished untill u messaged on facebook. dont worry take acronis disk director Cd from me n recover it. :p

Top Bottom