Wtf?! DRM'd Western Digital hard drives., what next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
Western Digital DRM'd Hard Drive Won't Let You Share MP3, DivX ... Or Impulse Tracker
Go to Article

What next? The chair I sit on....

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
WTF... *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/112.gif .. absolute Bullsh!t from WD ..

ɓ@ʂʈ@ɹɖʂ

they will stop at nothing to cheat us and intrude on our privacy

is there any way to get rid of that DRM? Not that I need to, as I won't by WD HDDs anymore:mad:

sakumar79

Technomancer
I think that the DRM is inflicted by the client software that you install with the HDD (from what was written in that site)... You can supposedly work around by not installing the software...

Arun

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
^^I just bought a 250GB WD Passport External Hard Drive :p
But the problem is with the 1TB one...and the source article has even mentioned a workaround :D

OP
H

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
Ankur Gupta said:
^^I just bought a 250GB WD Passport External Hard Drive :p
But the problem is with the 1TB one...and the source article has even mentioned a workaround :D
And how long do you think before it will be implemented into the lesser sized ones?!.. once it starts from the top, it ends at the bottom. And why should people revert to hacks to get a hardware working that they legitamately buy?:rolleyes:

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
Hitboxx said:
And how long do you think before it will be implemented into the lesser sized ones?!.. once it starts from the top, it ends at the bottom. And why should people revert to hacks to get a hardware working that they legitamately buy?:rolleyes:

Yes I agree with you but I just love WD Hard Disks....
If WD has done it today I am sure others will also follow sooner than later....

x3060

A LOTR fan
first , hacked softwares became pirated softwares . . now arrives the pirated hdds . . ;-). hacked ones ofcourse . what will they think of next . implementing in proc and mob . suddenly i get the feeling , i should not sell my comp if it gets old :). just in case. . .

praka123

left this forum longback
WD=Bugger off :x
DRM sucks!and now the idiots are forcing on hdd too :x
*defectivebydesign.org
^read this for information reg Digital Restrictions Management.

src2206

In the zone
Sharing is a basic human nature, and it is a virtue which these profit mongers will never understand. I will stick with Seagate as always. WD never had a good market share in our country there is hardly any chances of increasing if they push it here. :x
*www.world-of-smilies.com/html/images/smilies/gewalt/d066.gif

fun2sh

Pawned!... Beyond GODLIKE
very very bad move by them!!!:mad:
WD sucks!!!! but my lappy has WD itself:sad:
DRM sucks!!:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom