Writting 6 DAT movie files on DVD to watch on Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

shyamalpandya

Right off the assembly line
hi friends,

all u know in bazaar, pirated movie DVDs avilable for around 50 to 100 rupees , which contains Maximum 4 movies which are in .VOB format. now, i have a DVD player on which i want to watch movies which i want to write on my own DVDs. i have lots of VCDs, they have .DAT files as usual.

by which software i can successfully convert .DAT files into .VOB and write them on DVD?

main thing is, one DVD must contain around 3 movies. HELP PLS!!!

if anyone knows the name of software which these GREAT Pirates use, PLS give me it, i want to use it for PERSONAL USE ONLY !!! [/b]

suhasingale

Journeyman
If you have a DIVX DVD player then convert all the VCD's to DIVX Format and burn it on DVD. U can have lots of movies on a Single DVD, at least 6 FULL movies on a Disk (DVD).

Dipen01

Youngling
U wont believe me..

I have seen 10 movies in a single layered DVD (of course pirated) :roll: and that too owner assured that the DVD would be playable on DVD player as well as PC.

How is that possible now.. though i didnt purchase it but i guess that all the movies burnt on em would be of rm/xvid format.. Dunno...???

Dipen

vishalbhatia

Journeyman
Dipen01 said:
U wont believe me..

I have seen 10 movies in a single layered DVD (of course pirated) :roll: and that too owner assured that the DVD would be playable on DVD player as well as PC.

How is that possible now.. though i didnt purchase it but i guess that all the movies burnt on em would be of rm/xvid format.. Dunno...???

Dipen

Might be it is in very low resolution but still it is not digestable words you say! 10 movies in 4.7 gb, how can be?

Dipen01

Youngling
I said u wont believe me

coz even i was surprised when i saw it. I still confirmed it by asking to owner that are all these 10 movies (names were written on cover) complete ?? or are these trailers ?

he assured me that if theres is any problem he will return my money. but was badluck that i had seen all those movies so didnt purchased it else 10 movies at 125/- is not a bad deal i guess..???

and yeah perhaps quality might be bad i mean resolution..

Dipen

thrash_metal

In the zone
As according to my observations - if a dvd contains more than 3 movies the quality begins to drop drastically . My frnd had got a 6 in 1 movie DVD and a 4 in 1 -- man VCD's were better than that ! You couldnt make out from watching that wether its tom hanks or meg ryan on the screen and the sound was so bad you could help figuring out wether its a machine gun firing or Lars Urlich playing double base -- yup it was that bad !!! Since untill the 3 in 1 DVD's are good - these people compensate on the audio - u only get a 2.1 even if its written 5.1 blah blah on it . then even reduce the resolution - many of these dvd's have a resolution of say 320 x 240(not counting widescreen ones) or even less .

Say a VCD movie (average) is of about 1200mb to 1300mb so 3 movies in 1 will be round 3900mb - avg ! there you have 3 movies in 1 DVD - 4.7gb !!!

Many pirates also use the DVD-9 and hence more movies in it !

more the number of movies - lesser the video resolution and audio quality !!! so you have it - even 10 movies in 1 dvd !!

People just buy DVD's just because they are "DVD" . Try comparing a original DVD and a pirated one and you will c !

mariner

Ambassador of Buzz
suhasingale said:
If you have a DIVX DVD player then convert all the VCD's to DIVX Format and burn it on DVD. U can have lots of movies on a Single DVD, at least 6 FULL movies on a Disk (DVD).

well buddy i tried that once but what happened only the first 15-20 mins of each movie was recorded and the rest was cut off. i did not do ne editing or cutting etc.

me too looking for a solution .

thrash_metal

In the zone
Well ... are you sure you wrote it into as a data dvd rather than a movie dvd ??? if you have encoded into Divx , etc and still you can just see the first 20mins or so then maybe you have not encoded it properly of while encoding you might have accidently edited !!!

q3_abhi

Youngling
Is it possible to make a DVD that will play on DVD players containing DAT files????(without Encoding)??????

thrash_metal

In the zone
maybe ... i havent tried it yet ... what if u just write the entire DVD in the VCD format ??

How they put in 3 - 4 movies in 1 DVD - running time of over 3 hrs is quite a gig ! One of my friends knows such people ..... ill ask him and put it up here .

Dipen01

Youngling
Well

i have 3-4 DVD's which are 5 in 1 and 4 in 1's.. though the quality is not as good as expected from a DVD but then its better than VCD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom