Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

quad master

In the zone
Hi All

Our Friend Darklord started this small effort in convincing people at DFI
that many people are intrested in DFI Lanparty Series of Motherboard.

Here:- *www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11651

DFI has gr8 Overclockable motherboards.

You all must have heard about the gr8
DFI LanParty NF4 Sli-DR
DFI Lanperty UT Ultra-D

Based on the NF4 Chipset for AMD Socket 939 Processors.
Dfi are not only gr8 at AMD but also gr8 at Intel Motherboards.

We want to make DFI aware that people here in India are aware of the
Gr8 Motherboards from DFI and are willing to purchase it.

We have requested the employee's at DFI to come to India with
there gr8 Motherboard.

You too can help in this effort but taking some time and voting for DFI
if you are intrested to see them here.

Or else you can also post straight on the DFI Street forums.

Lets show DFI there India also has people crazy for DFI.

Please guys help us bringing DFI to India so we all can have there
excellent range of DFI Motherboards here.

darklord

Cyborg Agent
DFI Boards are insane overclockers.
The world record of 500HTT is held on DFI.

Thats is the ONLY board that support 4.0V on Vdimm

Yeah it is more suitable for extreme overclockers.

Whats more ,the PCI ,PC-Ex slots, CPU HSF retension bracket,SATA ports and all plastic items on the board are bright yellow and are UV reactive...Great for Case Modders.

even though it is for Overclockers and modders,that definately doesnt disqualify it from the normal user [stock speeds] group.It works like charm at stock too.
Also this board is designed by the Legendary Oskar Wu.

the board layout is also extremely well though after.

Simply check this board out on DFI site.

OP
Q

quad master

In the zone
You can check DFI range of Motherboards here.

*www.dfi.com.tw/Product/xx_product_...=US&CATEGORY_TYPE=LP UT&INDEX_TYPE=MB&SITE=US

*www.dfi.com.tw/Product/xx_product_...=US&CATEGORY_TYPE=LP UT&INDEX_TYPE=MB&SITE=US

These DFI Motherboards have created records and are the best NF4 Solutions in the world.

And not to forget these board is designed by the Legendary Oskar Wu.

Also check the amount of awards won by these motherboards here
*www.dfi.com.tw/Press/awards_list_by_type_us.jsp?PAGE_TYPE=US&ARCHIVED_FLAG=N&INDEX_TYPE=MB&SITE=US

mamba

In the zone
customer likes 2 b spoilt with choices . customer is king . DFI is brilliant . :lol:

all these things point 2 the necessity of DFI launching there boards here in india ( add abit 2 the list )

newayz , they r located so near 2 india , they wont have problemz in transportaion even if they decide against manufacturing here

n with companies like asus n gigabyte already here n selling well , i dont understand the reason y they rnt here yet

OP
Q

quad master

In the zone
@icecoolz - Yet DFI hasent said anything about comming here , just keeping my fingers crossed.

More Votes are required as i am thinking of pointing
these polls on the DFI Street Forums.

Digit Members participation is required , Guys please vote.

Digit has more than 5K members expecting atleast 50 Votes.

G

gxsaurav

whats the use of higly over clockabel motherboard,

first they wont sale a lot, due to high price,

second we don't need highly over clockable motherboards here, what we need is cheap & good quality motherboard, of which the drivers R easily available

if they come to indian market they will fail

Techmastro

Journeyman
What i personally think is bulk of computer user refrain from tweaking their hardware.
I completely agrees with gxsaurav.
What we need hear is good hardware in budget of people.

funkymonkey

Journeyman
well go buy yourself a foxconn then.
Its already available and cheap.
What do you mean whats the need of that?
I dont know about here but you will find dedicated overclockers here in India too. I want DFI here. And yes i am overclocker.
By the way DFI dosent cost a bomb compared to its rivals. It costs same as other boards. little more not much.
I see soo many people buying A8n-E and A8n SLI here in India. If there is market for those motherboards here means there is market for DFI.
DFI were in India upto 2 years ago. They were successful. Its only the dispute with distributors that forced DFI to leave India. And at that time their mobos were considerably cheaper than ASUS and better performing and overclockers too.
I have owned DFI mobos in past and i would love to own them.
There is plenty of choices for value users.
If you are not overclocker then its fine, but if you dont do something that dosent mean that others dont wana do it.
If you think there are no overclockers and tweakers in India head over to TE. You will be shocked.

funkymonkey

Journeyman
Well that is the place where 90% of the people are enthusiast so you will get lots of ocing results, experiments there. I replied to gxsaurav, who thinks its not needed here.
And no ocing is not inventing a wheel but its a skill and yes i am proud of my skills in this field.
I have a A64 3000+ runnign at 2.93 Ghz, that too using the resources that are available in India. why i shouldnt be proud?

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
I have an 1800+ running at 1.53 ghz and still running windows/ubuntu.... err not exactly running.... but yeah :p...

what are u so proud of? Numbers? sheesh! obsession!

funkymonkey

Journeyman
yes, i am proud of my nos. Anything wrong in that?
And yes its obsession for me. Thats who i am. Always trying to get every last juice out of my system.

The point is there is something out there thats better than what we get here. We have achance to atleast try to bring it to india. Thats the whole point behind Quad starting this thread. Lets stick to that.

AlienTech

In the zone
//Our Friend Darklord started this small effort in convincing people at DFI
that many people are intrested in DFI Lanparty Series of Motherboard. //

Is this a joke? DFI can go take a flying leap.. Considering India will be a larger computer market than the US in 20 years. It already is a larger market in Asia and is on a scale not even comparable to most European countries and especially eastern European countries.

No one should convince a company to make good business decisions, If they are smart they will make them themselves.

In a few years they will be making mother boards locally as the expertise ramps up so it is better if the Riff Raff stays away.

Yes funkymonkey.... So you spend a godly amount of time and effort to wring out a few extra mhz's... Now does that let you work better? gain you more money? Give you an edge over the competition??
Yes I play with systems too, its a hobby.. Or to learn.. For anything serious I stick to stock and reliability. Not that stock is guaranteed :)

OP
Q

quad master

In the zone
Guys i dont want you all to start a fight here.
Please keep this thread out of any flaming issues.

All you have to do is just place your views if you are intrested in the DFI or not thats it.

Dont start flaming Please its a request.
This poll will be submited on the DFI Street forums for them to show if people are intrested here in India.

Also DFI Motherboards are not costly that it will burn a hole in ur pocket.

As funky said if people here are purchasing ASUS A8N-E & A8N-Sli then people will also get a DFI.

I know that here very few percent of population overclocks there system and many people prefer to run there system at stock speed.
But what if later people understand the benefits of overclocking and
would like to give it a try then there is nothing better than a DFI.

Guys i just wanted your help in the polls thats it.

Please stop flaming if people overclock or not.
A DFI is also a gr8 motherboard for people running there systems at stock speed.

@AlienTech
If you feel that this is a joke then you are probably
wrong bro as he approached DFI Employees to
convince them that there are people here intrested
in there Motherboards.

So you spend a godly amount of time and effort to wring out a few extra mhz's... Now does that let you work better? gain you more money? Give you an edge over the competition??
Is a increase of 1.13Ghz over stock speed just few Mhz for you.
Imagine the fun of getting a 3000+ for Rs 8000
and enjoying the benefits of a processor speed
which is not even released by AMD.

Currently AMD has max speed of 2.8Ghz.

Why would you want to spend money on costly processors when
you can purchase the cheapest one and get the performance of the
costliest one.

Thats what seperates a normal user from a overclockers.
Overclocking involves risk but not if done safetly.

And when it comes to overclocking the DFI motherboards are designed
in such a way that it no way limits the overclock and you can extract
every last bit of juice from it.

Also if you are not aware the advantage of a DFI Nf4 Ultra-D over ASUS A8N-E is that even if DFI Ultra-D is a nf4 Ultra motherboard it has
- 2xPCI-E x16 slots , with a simle mod we can use this Ultra Motherboard as a SLi Motherboard
- Possiblility to connect 4 PATA Drivers
- 2 GBit Lan connectors

Are there any such advantages in any of the NF4 Ultra Motherboards available here in India

darklord

Cyborg Agent
all these things point 2 the necessity of DFI launching there boards here in india ( add abit 2 the list )

Abit has lost its glory somewhat,since Oskar Wu left them and joined DFI.
Abit have come up with the Fatality series of boar,which are the most expensive boards out there but they are nowhere close to the earlier legends from Abit like the NF7,IS7,IC7 and so on.... :wink:

whats the use of higly over clockabel motherboard,
Well for starters, boards marketed as overclocking friendly boards have generally better built quality as the board has to sustain some stress when the system is overclocked.So in a nutshell, you get a extremely well built board at some extra premium.Most simple example to explain is that of Asus and Mercury.
This DOES NOT mean Asus is inferior to DFI in quality..pls note that. :wink:

first they wont sale a lot, due to high price,

Doesnt Asus sell like hot cakes even though its expensive and decently overclockable ? :roll:
On international level DFI prices are pretty much in the same range as Asus.

second we don't need highly over clockable motherboards here, what we need is cheap & good quality motherboard, of which the drivers R easily available
What has drivers got to do with it ? Isnt the DFI based on NF4 ultra and NF4 SLI ? and afaik drivers for Nforce chipsets are easily available. :lol:

if they come to indian market they will fail

Care to explain why ????? :roll:

What we need hear is good hardware in budget of people.

Does that mean DFI is bad ? :roll:

Yeah, they'll be here for sure... the Indian market is too huge not to be there... just the sheer size...

The market is huge only for chep stuff. :wink:

what are u so proud of? Numbers? sheesh! obsession!
Forget it,you wont understand... :wink:

yes, i am proud of my nos. Anything wrong in that?
And yes its obsession for me. Thats who i am. Always trying to get every last juice out of my system.
You ought to be proud man,2.93 GHz isnt a joke,even i am proud of you. :twisted:

No one should convince a company to make good business decisions, If they are smart they will make them themselves.
You think i dont know that ? firstly, if you dont know the facts, then shut up.I started a thread at DFI street saying, DFI have been making some great boards lately, why are they not available in India anymore as it was here ,few years back.I dint REQUEST them to come here.
I got a +ve reply from the DFI representative there, saying, we will surely take note of that and inform the headquarters.Now what Quad is trying to do is that he is trying to collect some data or opinions to show these DFI people that there exists demand for their products,which MIGHT make them rethink of entering India.Its that plain and simple.
Lastly, i had never offended you, why so much rudeness pal ? :wink:
Peace

Yes funkymonkey.... So you spend a godly amount of time and effort to wring out a few extra mhz's... Now does that let you work better? gain you more money? Give you an edge over the competition??
Yes I play with systems too, its a hobby.. Or to learn.. For anything serious I stick to stock and reliability. Not that stock is guaranteed

I wouldnt say that a speed bump f 1.0Ghz+ is exactly A FEW MHZ.
Come on, that guy has achieved something that is worth appreciating.If you cant apprciate that, why make fun of it ?
Moreover Overclocking is a passion.I am equally obsessed with it as funky is,i can understand his excitement.
See dude, taking a 1.8Gig chip to say 2.2 -2.4 is no big deal but 2.8+ IS AN ACHIEVEMENT.Accept it. :wink:

And whats the problem if that guy has shit loads of money and he wishes to blow it off on hardware if that is one of his best hobbies,isnt it basically his problem on how much to blow ? :wink:

So,i do not wish to fight here with anyone.I have a small request,
Quad has started thread with a specific intention, understand that intention, if you can help,do so, if you dont wish to...move on,dont start flaming for no use..

Period...

Phew !!!!! :)

OP
Q

quad master

In the zone
Gr8 post darky , i agree with you.

Digit is a very huge forum comprising for members
from all parts of India.

So i posted a thread here so that DFI with the help
of this poll might get a idea of number of people
intrested in there motherboard here.

Guys please forget everything and understand that
it would be gr8 to have motherboards from DFI here.

No matter if you run it at stock speed or overclock it
The build quality of there motherboards is gr8.

Added Later
You know guys way back in Jan 2005 , i was also one of the many Indians
that liked sytems to run at stock speed and later i realized how
overclocking helped the processors running at less speed can be clocked
to run at higher speed.

Overclocking saves money and it also full of excitement & also risk but not if done correctly.

DFI is a masterpeice when it comes to overclocking.

The components used on that motherboard are choosed that they should
handle the pressure when overclocked so makes a gr8 buy for people
even if you plan to run it at stock speed.

Hope to expect a +ve support from you.

rohanbee

Padawan
well i belive that we should have more companies in india which are not already there. Many of these companies have this opinion that india is still not a mature enough market for their products....
But
thats where they are wrong.............theres a niche market in india for all types of computing products, jus lilke DFi will not have a large market but there will be one in the coming time.....

At one time people never upgraded their computers for 5 years and now the trend is changing and with more companies ther ewill be more competition and hence more benefit to the end consumer.

OP
Q

quad master

In the zone
Many Companies like

Motherboard area
ABit , ChainTech , AOpen etc....

Ram
OCZ , GSkill , Giel , Patriot

PowerSupply
Enermaxx , OCZ etc...

GPU
NVida:- BFG
Ati:- HIS , BBA , Sapphire , Gigabyte

Loads of other compaines can come.

Currently if many companies come here there will be a gr8 choice for us here while buying new hardware.

Why dont these companies come here.
So there will be a competition and prices might be lowered and so everyone might be able to get quality products here itself in India with local warranty

magnet

Youngling
i dont know..why r ppl fighting or going against the company...i heard dfi name earlier..but cam to know abt its power now........

the only thing i guess if they come here is that h/w mobo will becom mor cheaperas 4 quality products we hav jus 2 companies.....msi and asus.........so its better to support and bring them so prices reduce and v get the benefit....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom