Worth PS2 Purchasing Now ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

joyson

Broken In
Hey guys i recently i got my first job and salary is just aroung the corner wondering is it worth a ps2 now, as it is my dream to hav it, how much it will cost and heard about playing divx movies with it, how sholud i add HDD to it, does it avoid warranty help,???????????:confused::confused:

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
I say save more salaries & get a powerful pc or powerful graphics card(if you already own a weak pc).Rest if u want console then get a xbox 360 don't even think of ps2.

dd_wingrider

In the zone
last year i bought PS2 with my first salary :) , but as things are changed now, u can always look for more options, xbox 360, PS3.

But if you really want to enjoy playing games on PS3 or xbox360 you should also have be having good tv i.e plasma, lcd.

all is upto you :)

S

slash_89

Dude I own a PS2,

It would be better to go for an XBOX 360 or PS3 cause they're next-gen,

But the PS2 has a whole range of really brilliant games and pretty decent graphics and sometime mindblowing(Like in BLACK),

For the range of superb games it offers I'd go for one if I were you,
360 and PS3 are a bit pricy now but wait 6-7 months and maybe even a modded PS3 will be available.

dd_wingrider said:
But if you really want to enjoy playing games on PS3 or xbox360 you should also have be having good tv i.e plasma, lcd.

I agree, without a HDTV a next gen-console would be pointless.

Last edited by a moderator:

gangadhar

PC.PS2.PSP.PS3
@ joyson

in my opinion....go for PS2 right now.it is cheap console now.i think it's price is 5500-6000 and MMC cost below 500.so u r total cost is 6000-6300.

yes u can play divx movies using some tools.

new model PS2(i think SCPH 77004 available in market) is not compatiable to add hdd.

perhaps if u decided to buy xbox 360..... i don't recommend.because many peoples having troubles(3 ROD) with xbox 360(personally i faced:confused::confused::confused:).so i don't recommend right now.just wait until 2008 the xbox 360 going to 65nm instead of 90nm.so it produce less heat... this will end all problems.

about PS3 i don't have...so don't comment anything but the price is 25000+

take wise decision...happy buying...and happy gaming.

utsav

damn busy...
xbox 360 is good but its worth to wait 6 months more and get a ps3 as u will get much more gaming titles for ps3 than xbox360.

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
my friend has ps3, and i played it, well not in india anyways, and it was AWESOME. but u also have to look for the choice of games, in which the clear winner is the 360. its not about the beast its about the ammo dude. if u like games im sure u want to go with the console with the better games. get xbox360 and u can even software mod it to play pirated games, which i do not reccomend. although buying a game worth 2.5k is a pinch, and not even worth it, the xbox360 rules. for now i suggest u stick with ps2 though. it has a huge collection of great games that u should play before a better version of xbox360 gets released. gud luk and just because next gen consoles came out doesnt mean its a waste to get ps2. there are hundreds of games for ps2 that are worth getting like god of war, kingdom heards, final fantasy etc.

OP
joyson

joyson

Broken In
Thanks everbody Decided to go for ps2 right now as it's my dream to buy it, not a big fan of pc gaming as i was having those Nintendo cartridge tv console in childhood, so just going for a ps2, ---ps3 and 360 r over my budget. any recommendation from where should i buy it from mumbai, thane, which version to go ???

ambar.hitman

Journeyman
Yo Joyson,i also bought PS2 this year with my first salary.It was my dream too.The library is huge,and it will last enough until PS3 becomes cheap,and gets going.Get a modded one,coz its almost impossible to find original PS2 games.With modded one,u can play orginal games also.Btw,i got it for 6.6k with a memory card.If u want which games to start with,just ask.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Hey Joyson congrats on your first salary buddy.Now back to the original topic.I'd say definetly go for it & yes it is worth every penny you put into it.This is possibly the best possible console in a sub-10k budget.Rest of the next gen consoles are way much costiler.Sure they offer next gen content but PS2 has a huge host of games library & Sony has not yet stopped support for it so that means you'll still have games coming in on it.Adding a HDD would be possible with a modded PS2 which as such comes without warranty itself as modding is directly voiding the warranty.Even I personally am thinking of picking one up but my friends have informed me that Sony is announcing a price cut for the PS2 which will make it to around 4k out here.I'd say if it was your dream then live it.Trust me you won't regret it.There are plenty of games which will keep you busy & the graphics are not bad at all.Check out games like God OF War which blows all the 'PS2 is dead' crap out the window.

Pick up the latest Slim line model which would be widely available across any retail stores.Make sure you pick up a original Magic Gate 8MB MMC as well for it.Place doesn't matter but make sure you get it from a reputable store.;)

gangadhar

PC.PS2.PSP.PS3
Thanks everbody Decided to go for ps2 right now

i think this is a good decission at present.and u can wait until nov..coz rumours r flying there is a huge price cut of PS2.

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
Most sensible thing to do now is to buy an Xbox 360 .

otherwise if you don't want new games and wanna enjoy a vast library of OLD games then u can buy PS2 .

I own a PS2 n Xbox 360 BOth . bought the 360 last week only . n the best part is that Platinum HIts(i.e. extremely successful games) are priced at rs 999 per copy , so that's reasonable . Also

Microsoft is giving FREE replacement to those who suffer the RROD , so i don't think there's nything to fear .

casual_gamer

In the zone
Me too planning to buy ps2 by december. The problem is i don't have a tv to connect the ps2, i only have my pc monitor. so can i connect the ps2 to my monitor to play the games?
I am thinking of buying an original ps2. so how much will it cost to mod it?

casual_gamer

In the zone
The_Devil_Himself said:
^^I think a tv tuner card will do the job for you.
thanks. Google too gave very positive results.
*forums.ffshrine.org/archive/index.php/t-11199.html
*forum.doom9.org/archive/index.php/t-80912.html

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
try this lol
*shopping.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=Aq0Bzt0aWALx550S5H24bqttMJA5?p=PS2+VGA&did=

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
casual_gamer said:
I am thinking of buying an original ps2. so how much will it cost to mod it?
Errrr....any specific reason why you want to buy an original console & then mod it? :rolleyes:

I think it would cost you more to purchase an original console & then mod it.Instead try getting a pre-modded one itself it would be better.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom