worried about career..

Status
Not open for further replies.

NauticA

Broken In
i am doing b tech in computer science( 3rd year ) and i am worried about my career afterwards..
i dont know whether i m going to be placed in a company due to economic slow down..
can anybody suggest something to be done in the meantime..

blueshift

Wise Old Crow
Everyone is worried about the slowdown. Even I am worried even though I have a job.
Nobody can state clearly when this condition will end.
But till then you dont worry much. You still have 1 year left in your college. Take your studies seriously and learn some other programming language(if you are interested) apart from in your course curriculum. You have so many options to enhance your knowledge.

Bookworm

Banned
Everyone is worried about the slowdown. Even I am worried even though I have a job.
Nobody can state clearly when this condition will end.
But till then you dont worry much. You still have 1 year left in your college. Take your studies seriously and learn some other programming language(if you are interested) apart from in your course curriculum. You have so many options to enhance your knowledge.

Yes you are right. You can also do certification courses such as CCNA and CCNP which will be a boon for your career.

Ecstasy

a.k.a VipER
i am doing b tech in computer science( 3rd year ) and i am worried about my career afterwards..
i dont know whether i m going to be placed in a company due to economic slow down..
can anybody suggest something to be done in the meantime..
Why worry mate? If you are planning to do your job right after B tech then yes I think you should be worried but time like this you should be studying and working. Try going for some advanced cources. Sources say that by the end of the year the recession should get over so by the time you complete your education, jobs should be available by that time.

Try doing your advanced cource from US. Correct me if I'm wrong, after b tech its m tech right? If so then do it from some good university in US like Michigan or something.

Goodluck.

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
See , the same worries here , i am doing final year MCA

though i completed the certifications on -- - > RHCE ,CCNA , Software testing - white box , now studying SHELL script , PHP

same worries here more more , only 3 months there for me

Why worry mate? If you are planning to do your job right after B tech then yes I think you should be worried but time like this you should be studying and working. Try going for some advanced cources. Sources say that by the end of the year the recession should get over so by the time you complete your education, jobs should be available by that time.

Try doing your advanced cource from US. Correct me if I'm wrong, after b tech its m tech right? If so then do it from some good university in US like Michigan or something.

Goodluck.

Thats the most optimistic statement i have heard about the recession .......

In a meet arranged in my college ....

A senior TCS HR told us that it would take at least 2 yrs for the recession to loosen up ... and upto 4 years (min) to complete ly end

Other people's prediction (those economist guys) seems to be heading the same way

Last edited:

Ecstasy

a.k.a VipER
Thats the most optimistic statement i have heard about the recession .......

In a meet arranged in my college ....

A senior TCS HR told us that it would take at least 2 yrs for the recession to loosen up ... and upto 4 years (min) to complete ly end

Other people's prediction (those economist guys) seems to be heading the same way
I have clearly mentioned in my above post "should get over" so its only a prediction. Use google, you will see different researchers and different analysts saying 10 different things. Last time I read/heard it informed me that it might get over by the end of year or mid 2010 but ofource to boom back to its old glory will take atleast 7-8 yrs, no doubt.

His higher education will take 3 or 4 years to complete depending on his university so by that time, jobs should be available.

My 2 cents. :)

^ I think you misunderstood him
He never said he was going in for a postgrad degree :?: ... so his edu should be over in another year

Well anyways i too am a 3rd year B.tech so i have been meeting people and collecting information from wherever i can get them (credible information ofcourse) .....I am just concentrating on building my resume so that when the time comes i stay ahead of my class mates ..... thats about all we can do now i think ....

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
well networking & system side are now just some what popular for getting jobs , but salary pay is LOW , only 10K starting

Mainstream companies such as Infosys , TCS have lowered the no of people they hire

But there are some KPOs still doing some large scale hiring (the salary will be somewhat modest )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom