World's Biggest Supercomputer is a Virus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
The Storm Worm Botnet currently infects between one and ten million computers worldwide, which means that it has access to a huge amount of processing power and somewhere between 1 and 10 Petabytes of RAM. This apparently makes it one of the most powerful computers in the world, with more computing power than the ten fastest supercomputers in the world combined.

These interesting, but admittedly vague and flaky estimates come from computer Scientist, Peter Gutman. Although you can pick at the numbers quite easily, the guy makes a very interesting point. While projects like Seti@Home can harness a lot of computing power, a virus or worm that doesn't need to ask permission from a user could conceivably be vastly more powerful. Imagine the potential if virus writers found more interesting things to do with those cycles than send spam.

*gizmodo.com/gadgets/worm-supercomputer/worlds-biggest-supercomputer-is-a-virus-298029.php

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
^^ huh... bloody viruses...

and yeh, I read this somewhere else also. Only difference is that there was word "TROJAN" instead of "VIRUS" :D

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
lol shirish nagar, i really thought that was a bug on my monitor and was trying to ignore it for sometime. Finally tried to pick it off and found that it was your avatar. LOL.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Offtopic
@shirish_nagar your avatar always catches me at unexpected times :p.

10/10 for avatar ;)

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
lol a virus alert from a virus :D

@ charan, his avatar makes me to wipe my monitor :D

Last edited:

praka123

left this forum longback
^i used to have the same avatar for 1 week looong back & i abandoned it.i felt suspicious of the ant! :D

Nav11aug

In the zone
ilugd said:
lol shirish nagar, i really thought that was a bug on my monitor and was trying to ignore it for sometime. Finally tried to pick it off and found that it was your avatar. LOL.

same here :)

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
ax3 said:
ALIEN hand in this .........

| AI | Terminators | Predators | ....... WOW ......... EXCITING ......

@gx_saurav ...... just cant WAIT 4, December 23 2012 ......

DOOMSDAY .......... WHOOSH WHOSH & DOOM ..........

OOops ... bEAM ME UP SCOTTY ! ! ! ....... hey scotty, scotty, scotty !!!

what was that :confused: :confused: :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom