World’s fastest 43Tbps Internet connection can let you download 1GB in 0.2 milliseconds

Flash

Lost in speed
Tech2 said:
Imagine downloading a 1GB movie in about 0.2 milliseconds. That could very well be a possibility after a team of researchers at the Technical University of Denmark (DTU), were able to transmit 43 terabits (Tb) per second over a single optical fiber with just one laser transmitter.

To give you a better idea of the speeds here, 43Tbps equals a transfer rate of around 5.4 TB per second, somewhere around 5,300 GBs. We won’t fault you for reading that sentence twice. In contrast, the previous record was 26 terabits per second set by Germany’s Karlsruhe Institute of Technology in 2011.

World’s fastest 43Tbps Internet connection can let you download 1GB in 0.2 milliseconds - Tech2

This makes it about a 1000 times faster than Google Fiber which tops at a speed of 1000mbits/second.

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
haha well said gaurav..
SSD hard disks can't write so fast.

that said, your router, mobo will all getkilled..

finally am not even sure if practically your RAM too can't handle it.... 1gb in 0.2 seconds ? that's like 5gb in a sec ..
though max ddr3 is 6400mbs..

kartikoli

Busy!!
@op please dont post such things here ppl are struggling with 512kbps

Its a news so read it for your knowledge only, dont even dare to dream to get these service in India (you never know you can be charged for these dreams and spreading wrong news...lol).

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
In India --43 KBPS connection using advanced plastic wires used to wrap sweets and samosa.

--Powered by BSNL

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
This is a new kind of terrorism. In this other nations keeps breaking records of bandwidth and then spread the news to nations who can't even afford to give a minimum 1Mbps connection. Thus people who reads such news gets highly frustrated and starts to develop suicidal thoughts.
This terrorism should be tackled as a first priority by our government. :(

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Now we need hard drives that are capable of writing at that speed. Or at least hard drives with 1-2 GB buffer sizes.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
This is a new kind of terrorism. In this other nations keeps breaking records of bandwidth and then spread the news to nations who can't even afford to give a minimum 1Mbps connection. Thus people who reads such news gets highly frustrated and starts to develop suicidal thoughts.
This is our [MENTION=77264]Vyom[/MENTION]...:thumbs::clap2:
@op please dont post such things here ppl are struggling with 512kbps
And our Govt. is trying to imbibe the speed backwards...ultimately leading to a BAN on the internet for the ordinary users.

:rofl:

bubusam13

Human
*i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n536/bubusam13/3638115339_zps5cf9df18.png

Need no more... Can download movies at the speed of copy paste from one partition to another. Sometimes even higher :p

What will I do with so much speed. Got bored. Desktop storage full, laptop full and even ext hard drive. Now a days do not even download an application, I just run them.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Yeah right, 1 GB in 0.2 milliseconds, nothing exciting there, well at least not for me when my router mostly takes just 5 minutes just for the link to show up.

Beam people are not allowed to comment here anyway.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
Yeah right, 1 GB in 0.2 milliseconds, nothing exciting there, well at least not for me when my router mostly takes just 5 minutes just for the link to show up.

Beam people are not allowed to comment here anyway.

:ssshhh::agreed:

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
*i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n536/bubusam13/3638115339_zps5cf9df18.png

Need no more... Can download movies at the speed of copy paste from one partition to another. Sometimes even higher :p

What will I do with so much speed. Got bored. Desktop storage full, laptop full and even ext hard drive. Now a days do not even download an application, I just run them.

Then stream movies.

Top Bottom