Not open for further replies.
OP
PrinceHeart

PrinceHeart

In the zone
Re: ** Working/Not-Working Programs with VISTA BETA 2 **

Just download the KLite Mega Codec 1.54
from *www.klitetools.com/comments.php?catid=96&id=219

K-Lite Codec Pack is a collection of codecs and related tools. Codec is short for Compressor-Decompressor. Codecs are needed for encoding and decoding (playing) audio and video. The K-Lite Codec Pack is designed as a user-friendly solution for playing all your movie files. With the K-Lite Codec Pack you should be able to play all the popular movie formats and even some rare formats. The K-Lite Codec Pack has a couple of major advantages compared to other codec packs: It it always very up-to-date with the latest versions of the codecs. It is very user-friendly and the installation is fully customizable, meaning that you can install only those components that you really want. It's easy to make an unattended installation. It has been very well tested, so that the package doesn't contain any conflicting codecs. It tries to avoid potential problems with existing codecs and even fixes some problems. It is a very complete package, containing everything you need to play your movies. There are different packages. From small to extra-large.The K-Lite Mega Codec Pack combines the contents of three codec packs: K-Lite Codec Pack Full; QuickTime Alternative; Real Alternative, Plus some extra features: BSplayer, DC-DSP filter. K-Lite Mega Codec Pack is the best codec pack, without a doubt.

Stable Version = 1.54 (98/ME/2000/XP)
...and u will not need any other audio/video codecs ever :)
It worked in my vista, hope it works for u too.

cheerz

Last edited:

Brave_Hunt

Journeyman

It worked in muh Vista too. Thanks for the information of newer version of K-Lite.;)

OP
PrinceHeart

PrinceHeart

In the zone

deathvirus_me said:
Games working :Oblivion , Far Cry , Timeshift , Hitman Blood Money , FEAR , Condemned : Criminal Origins , .. didn't have the time to try anything else ... though my personal recommendation would be to stay away from games for now in Vista. ...

and freelancer 1.0 also(excluding the intro movie)

You should had checked the earlier posts - its still there :)
Can't say about other games yet. deathvirus_me has checked more games than me. I only checked 1 game. If u wanna test some games urself, make sure u post it here for others to make a note on, if they are working or not with your install of vista beta 2.

cheerz

OP
PrinceHeart

PrinceHeart

In the zone

killerinstinct2 - i don't think this site deal with only the legal stufs. Better to edit your post and remove the link...before any mod closes this thread. thx a lot in advance.

peace

Brave_Hunt

Journeyman

Right, I downloaded and installed K-Lite mega codec pack 1.55 today. And It's working fine in my Vista. Here's a link to get newer version of K-Lite. ;)

Cheers

Last edited:
OP
PrinceHeart

PrinceHeart

In the zone

Brave_Hunt - Please man. as i told killerinstinct - the link u put on your post is of a warez site, which is not allowed in this forum. Please update your post and remove the link.

Thanks.

hemant_mathur

-- No Easter Eggs here --

Working :- Opera (not installed in vista .... just ran it from Win Xp program files folder )

Brave_Hunt

Journeyman

Link updated as rquested.;)

Cheers

Can anyone tell me which antivirus softwares are working with Vista beta 2? I tried myself McAfee 7 that failed then I tried McAfee 9 and It seems running smoothly.

Last edited:
OP
PrinceHeart

PrinceHeart

In the zone

As of July 29th, 2006 some more of working/not working list with Vista Beta 2.

Working:
---------
uTorrent 1.6
VoipCheap
Download Accelerator Plus 8.1.2.0
Limewire Pro 4.12.4
mIRC 6.2 (also supports Vista)
KLite Mega Codec 1.55
DVD Region Free 5.9.8.1

Not Working:
------------
GoogleEarth 4 Beta

Brave_Hunt - I tried McAfee AntiVirus 7.03, but it didnt worked with Vista. Since i have a dual boot. So i didn't installed any antivirus in the vista partition yet. And havn't tried anything else either. I heard somewhere AVG works with Vista. Have anyone tried that yet ??

peace

Last edited:

Pathik

Google Bot

does ny1 have working drivers of bluesoliel (ny ver) for vista....
the current drivers dont work and i m not able to connect to the net....
also vista doesnt recog my dongle as a BT device n gives a error code 43 during driver installation...

OP
PrinceHeart

PrinceHeart

In the zone

i would suggest you to look for an upgrade for the bluesoliel drivers for your present OS. If the driver is build after release of the vista beta - it should work.

As for your dongle .. start vista in safe mode and then try to use the dongle - should work. I use a local dongle i got to use it with Nokia 6600 and it worked with my vista. But i don't use it always though.

Hope it helped.
Peace

hemant_mathur

Check out this compatibility list for Beta 2 and more builts :- *www.iexbeta.com/wiki/index.php/Windows_Vista_Beta_2_Software_Compatibility_List

anandk

Distinguished Member
List of apps not working on Vista.

• Crystal Reports
• Microsoft Expression Web (“Quartz”)
• Oracle Developer Suite 10g
• Oracle Workflow Builder
• Cisco Security Agent firewall
• Windows LiveMail Beta (with Rhapsody support)
• Diskeeper Professional Premier
• HP OpenView Service Desk
• Novell Client
• Symantec/Norton Partition Magic

more at *blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=19&tag=nl.e550

hemant_mathur

Re: List of apps not working on Vista.

Bookmark this site : *www.iexbeta.com/wiki/index.php/Windows_Vista_Software_Compatibility_List .. it contains a good compatibility chart of vista.

Third Eye

gooby pls

anandk said:

• Crystal Reports
• Microsoft Expression Web (“Quartz”)
• Oracle Developer Suite 10g
• Oracle Workflow Builder
• Cisco Security Agent firewall
• Windows LiveMail Beta (with Rhapsody support)
• Diskeeper Professional Premier
• HP OpenView Service Desk
• Novell Client
• Symantec/Norton Partition Magic

more at *blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=19&tag=nl.e550

Diskeeper Professional Premier doesn't work ! :(

Symantec/Norton Partition Magic doesn't work ! :D

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"

^^ That's why its there! Its a list of apps NOT working on Vista!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom