** Working/Not-Working Programs with VISTA **

Status
Not open for further replies.

PrinceHeart

In the zone
Hello to all,

Opening this new thread regarding the working and non-working programs/softwares with Windows VISTA Beta 2. Whoever is using this beta release is asked to share their information on what programs/softwares works and doesn't work with their copy of the beta OS.

Please remember - this thread is NOT about the list of features about the beta version, ONLY the programs/softwares which can be / cannot be run on this OS, with any issues/malfunctions.

Starting with mine.. as i have posted in another thread here:

Working:
=======
Java 2 Runtime Environment 1.5.0. Update 6
KLite Mega Codec 1.53
mIRC 6.17
Nero 6.6.0.16
Winamp 5.21 FULL
Windows LIVE Messenger 8.0 build 8.0.0792.00
Yahoo Messenger 7 Build 0437
2007 Microsoft Office system Beta 2

NOT Working (Not compatible/Doesn't Install/Don't work after Install):
====================================================
McAfee VirusScan Professional Edition 7.03 Retail
Mcafee VirusScan Professional Edition 2006
Acrobat Reader 7.07
ImageResizer Powertoy Setup
TuneUp Utilities 2006 5.0.2331
ymsgr8us (8 beta)
ymsgr75us (7.5)
Download Accelerator Plus 8.0.4.1
LimeWire Pro 4.12.0/4.12.3

Now lets see what others are working on....

Installed today:
Windows Vista x86 Beta 2 ForceWare Release 85 88.61 May 23, 2006 (working)
Yahoo Messenger 8 Beta installs well.. starts well. when i signin, it hangs up and windows error reporting comes up, so i got rid of it and installed Yahoo Messenger 7.5 instead.

Last edited:

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
Re: ** Working/Not-Working Programs with VISTA BETA 2 **

Ok .. herre are the apps i'm currently using on this build :

Yahoo Messenger 8 Beta
Firefox v3.0 A1 "Minefield"
Microsoft Office 2007 Beta 2
Winamp 5.24
TweakVista
BootVista

Didn't need anything else right now ... also the games that i've tiried and works are :

Timeshift
Far Cry

No conflicts yet .. though i'm not able to use NOD32 ... Also .. don't try any tweaking utility on Vista yet , unless they're specifically meant for it ..

There u go ... will keep it updated ...

hemant_mathur

-- No Easter Eggs here --

Creative vibra 128 digital sound card drivers don't work ... plz help i have no sound in vista ..

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-

Working:
Pixelview 8.01 Tv tuner drivers(barely)
Logitech setpoint 2.6
Azureus 2.4.0.2 ( ? resume with shared incomplete downloads witht he XP counter part upon reboot) minus Aero

Not working:
features of Asus A8N SLI Prem(1302) onboard Audio. like volume controls for line in etc.

will keep adding more here...

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"

Just a note, Avast! works on vista beta 2.

OP
PrinceHeart

PrinceHeart

In the zone

hemant_mathur: You have selected Vibra 128. Please note that the product you have selected has been classified as "End of Service Life".

Browse for your creative drivers for vista beta 2, chart updated regularly. If drivers not found for your hardware, keep checking:

*dmzweb3.europe.creative.com/SRVS/C...Sxi=3,VARSET=ws:*asia.creative.com,case=14186

Rollercoaster: Keep checking on the following site for updates,
*support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us

cheerz

OP
PrinceHeart

PrinceHeart

In the zone

Comeon Everyone !!

No one wanna share what programs/softwares they are using with their Windows Vista Beta 2 OS ??

Working:
=======
Winrar 3.30
GoogleEarth 3.0.0762
DVDRegionFree5.9.7.9
VirtualDub-1.6.15
CyberLink PowerDVD 7
NeroVision Express 3.1.0.0d
MiniLyrics 4.3.2195 for Winamp
PowerFX202 Sound Enhancer for Winamp

NOT Working (Not compatible/Doesn't Install/Don't work after Install):
====================================================
Seagate DiscWizard for Windows V4.09.05
PerfectDisk 7.0 Build 46

Last edited:

do anyone has the driver software for ethernet .........realtek company for vista

OP
PrinceHeart

PrinceHeart

In the zone

Try the realtek drivers i got in my vista
Download from below(1 file scanned with Mcafee VirusScan)

or try this site to get drivers for realtek:
*www.station-drivers.com/page/realtek.htm

Hope this works

peace

Last edited:

Brave_Hunt

Journeyman

killerinstinct2, Click HERE to get the answer of your question/request.;)

Enjoy

OP
PrinceHeart

PrinceHeart

In the zone

I would like to point this out that this thread is about "Working/Not-Working Programs with VISTA BETA 2". Asking all users of Windows Vista Beta 2 to type in their experiences on what's working and what's not in this new operating system, so it may help other users as well.

For requesting drivers use:

Software Troubleshooting:
Issues related with your OS, applications, system security, configuration of network, browsers, customizations, driver support, tweaking, audio-video playback problems and programming can be discussed here.

peace

Brave_Hunt

Journeyman

Well driver(s) are software also so there's no problem to help people about it. Isn't It good that people will get all their Vista related answers just in one thread?;)

Enjoy

P.S. And by the way couldn't understand what's your point is?

Last edited:

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...

Working:
Firefox 1.5.0.4
Opera
real player 10.5
Not working:
nero 7
yahoo msngr 7 has minor problem in my case.

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl

Games working :Oblivion , Far Cry , Timeshift , Hitman Blood Money , FEAR , Condemned : Criminal Origins , .. didn't have the time to try anything else ... though my personal recommendation would be to stay away from games for now in Vista. ...

PrinceHeart said:
Try the realtek drivers i got in my vista
Download from below(1 file scanned with Mcafee VirusScan)

or try this site to get drivers for realtek:
*www.station-drivers.com/page/realtek.htm

Hope this works

peace

i didn't understand that file....wht do i do with the .sys file

Brave_Hunt said:
killerinstinct2, Click HERE to get the answer of your question/request.;)

Enjoy
and if u can give soundmax driver software for vista beta to manual update.....thx

hey done nyone has soundmax driver software and realtek ethernet driver software link.....pm to me............plz........................

Last edited:
OP
PrinceHeart

PrinceHeart

In the zone

Sorry for the earlier post,
This should help. I got this driver in my WinXP and when i install Vista, the driver for the LAN card were auto-configurated into it. Download the file below, if u need my driver Or click here to download it from microsoft.

*www.windowsmarketplace.com/prices.aspx?itemId=1186271&stext=
Realtek RTL Gigabit and Fast Ethernet NIC Driver (Windows 98/Me/2000/XP)
by Realtek Semiconductor
Drivers for RTL8139/810x/8169/8110 series. Windows Logo Certification Drivers for OEM manufacturer. Version 6.41 may include unspecified updates, enhancements, or bug fixes.

Regarding soundmax.. i think its onboard with the motherboard. What's your motherboard no. and company make ?

I have Intel 865GBF and vista didn't auto-configured it. I had to use the motherboard CD and install the sound drivers from there and after a restarted, everything worked out for me. Try the motherboard CD or try
*www.windowsmarketplace.com/ to search for your drivers.
If your motherboard is Intel - try *www.intel.com/ and choose your motherboard no. and search for soundmax.

Last edited:

PrinceHeart said:
Sorry for the earlier post,
This should help. I got this driver in my WinXP and when i install Vista, the driver for the LAN card were auto-configurated into it. Download the file below, if u need my driver Or click here to download it from microsoft.

*www.windowsmarketplace.com/prices.aspx?itemId=1186271&stext=
Realtek RTL Gigabit and Fast Ethernet NIC Driver (Windows 98/Me/2000/XP)
by Realtek Semiconductor
Drivers for RTL8139/810x/8169/8110 series. Windows Logo Certification Drivers for OEM manufacturer. Version 6.41 may include unspecified updates, enhancements, or bug fixes.

Regarding soundmax.. i think its onboard with the motherboard. What's your motherboard no. and company make ?

I have Intel 865GBF and vista didn't auto-configured it. I had to use the motherboard CD and install the sound drivers from there and after a restarted, everything worked out for me. Try the motherboard CD or try
*www.windowsmarketplace.com/ to search for your drivers.
If your motherboard is Intel - try *www.intel.com/ and choose your motherboard no. and search for soundmax.

did u upgrade ur version xp to vista .or u partioned the xp and vista..????????

i had partioned xp and vista ..............dual boot system............it didn't auto configured........

i got it from intex ............no prob now.........thx for all u r support guys.........

Last edited:
OP
PrinceHeart

PrinceHeart

In the zone

I use dual-boot - winXP pro in 1 HDD and WinVista in the 2nd HDD. And it auto-configured. Dunno why it didn't in ur case. But now .. looks like u got the drivers. ^5 :)

peace

deathvirus_me said:
Games working :Oblivion , Far Cry , Timeshift , Hitman Blood Money , FEAR , Condemned : Criminal Origins , .. didn't have the time to try anything else ... though my personal recommendation would be to stay away from games for now in Vista. ...

Thx for the recommendation - But i ignored it ;)
and installed Freelancer 1.0
It installed in 2:43 mins.
Startup intro didn't work. Tried to play it manually in WMP11. It got stucked and had audio-video sync problems.
But anyway I started the game. And wow .. being almost more than 2 years i last played that game. So i played it and now at level 7. I LOVE THIS GAME !!!
I went to settings and use FULL audio settings and FULL video settings. Its working like a babyyyy ....

cheerz

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom