Word file opens in PDF

Status
Not open for further replies.

rixon.d9

Journeyman
hey there i recently found out on my friends pc that when i try to open a word file from my USB it opens in PDF. But the file is a word file. Same file opens in word in my PC.
I want to know how can i open my word file in pdf without converting it( manually)?

ashs1

Padawan
Do this in your friend's PC :

1. right click on the file>Select Open with>Choose MS word from the list( if its present on the list ) or click browse & select ms word. ( usually present in C:\programs\Microsoft office\.. this path can vary )
2. Tick the box " Always use the selected program to open this kind of file"
3. Select OK.

This should do the trick.

OP
R

rixon.d9

Journeyman
Do this in your friend's PC :

1. right click on the file>Select Open with>Choose MS word from the list( if its present on the list ) or click browse & select ms word. ( usually present in C:\programs\Microsoft office\.. this path can vary )
2. Tick the box " Always use the selected program to open this kind of file"
3. Select OK.

This should do the trick.

My friend u got me wrong, I want to open WORD file in PDF just like in my friends pc

hey there i recently found out on my friends pc that when i try to open a word file from my USB it opens in PDF. But the file is a word file. Same file opens in word in my PC.
I want to know how can i open my word file in pdf without converting it( manually)?

Opens in PDF? PDF isn't any software. Be specific. Which software are you talking about? What is the exact problem and what do you want.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ Yea. :lol:

Open a Software in which you want to open a file. Drag 'n drop the file on it.

This trick works for Every Kind of Software and Every Kind of File. Enjoy.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I mean to say the word file when clicked , opens automatically in Adobe PDF reader. I want to do the same

Let me explain in this way:
MS Word is a software which is used to open a .doc/.docx file.
Adobe Acrobat is a software which is used to open a .pdf file.

MS Word is *not* meant to open a pdf file. And Adobe Acrobat is *not* meant to open a .doc file. Since both softwares are designed to open their own filetypes.
You should't set the Adobe Acrobat to open a .doc file.

*If* you are saying that when you open a .doc file in Adobe Acrobat, and it opens successfully, then the .doc file is actually a .pdf file, and is wrongly named.

TheHumanBot

Padawan
your friend must be tricking you. file name wordfile.doc.pdf so it will open in acrobat reader. pdfile.pdf.doc will open in ms-word.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
why do you want to open the word file in a PDF reader in the first place?
Anyways, Default Programs Editior can solve your problem easily.

Default Programs Editor

Last edited:

meetdilip

Computer Addict
I doubt even if we change the default program, a .doc or .docx file will open with Adobe Reader. Not sure if there is any other software which can do it.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
adobe pdf reader can't open a doc file but there's some application with built in [ or through plugin/addons ] pdf support which can open pdf files.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Recently I saw Kingsoft Office at my cousin's laptop. It blew my mind. They have made an exact replica of Office 2010, with Ribbons and all.
If I try an alternative to MS Office, I might try Kingsoft Office. Already download on my Nexus 7.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Recently I saw Kingsoft Office at my cousin's laptop. It blew my mind. They have made an exact replica of Office 2010, with Ribbons and all.
If I try an alternative to MS Office, I might try Kingsoft Office. Already download on my Nexus 7.

Thanks for sharing. The installer is less than 60 MB :shock: while the MS office 2010 installer takes ~700 MB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom