Won't start... at all. Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

bverdoorn

Right off the assembly line
So I decided to clean out my computer (it was getting really dusty). So I got a can of compressed air and blew it out for a few minutes.
After I plugged everything back in the computer simply wouldn't start. No response at all. I figured the power supply had picked just that time to crap out so I didn't worry too much. I tested it out with a different power supply with the same result.
So then I figured, must be the power button itself or somewhere along the line from the button to the mobo. So I tried a different cases' power button wire and sure enough it worked. So I ordered a new case and it just got here today, but when I plugged everything in I get the same problem again. Is it possible that I have a bad power supply as well as the first problem? Seems a bit coincidental, but...
Any help or insight would be appricated. Thanks

nvidia

-----ATi-----
^^+1
and you can also test the RAM on your friends computer and verify if its faulty..

realdan

Ambassador of Buzz
if im not wrong, you didnt remove the motherboard from the cabinets to clean out things..then reseat all connections..cleaning the contact points of ram and pci card with an eraser..making sure not to put your hands all over the circuit boards..and also make sure you touch both of your hands on a metal surface or you can get an antistatic wrist wrap...
if no work then you take out the motherboard from the cabinet and placed it on some thing like your digit magazine or the wrapper of the motherboard if you still have it.and connect all the essential components and power it up...
if still no work..then something wrong with hardwares.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom