Wonderful download manager....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kniwor

Learner
I had been using DAP (Download Accelerator Plus) since a long time when someone suggested me to use IDM....
Internet Download Manager....

It's barely a week and .......and i fell in love with it...... in the begining it looked just like ordinary download manager with even less features than DAP but now I realize that it's one of the most poerful ones that are out there.....

For thos who will argue that DAP has FTP handling capability.... use CuteFTP for ur ftp needs that's great program....

I'd suggest u guys just give IDM and try out and see it's power...

few cool features....

It will catch all ur download automatically....and put it in categories.... so no pasting links... (This is nothing of a too cool feature but just mentioned)

The coolest thing....:
For sites that do not allow Download managers or multiple connections...IDM will automatically connect with 1 connection and not show error like DAP does.......furthermore it will try to make more connections WHILE ITS DOWNLOADING....

Now consider megaupload.....No Download Accelerators allowed and only 1 file at a time.....
If u have integrated IDM properly.... just download using it and it will work... and u can download any number of files u like at a time....
(I actually discovered this accidently while using IDM)

mohit

The Hardware Labs
it should be in the reviews section but thanks for the first hand review. I was looking for something after flash get and your review has given me an option. I will definitely try this one. btw u shud post links to the site when u post a review about a s/w .. people can go there and download directly instead of googling.

OP
Kniwor

Kniwor

Learner
I intentionally did not post this in rewiew section because i did not think this was a rewiew.... just thought this was a good thing to let u guys know....

not a review because....i was giving no links...no proof of my saying and no website reads.... those were just my thoughts... so if u guys think that's a review it's ok.

Please dont blame me for not posting links because i did not write it as review neither did i post in in this section...

Thanks to all....

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Try FreeDownloadManager. Its a clone of Flashget, but without the adware. Plus, its free!

anandk

Distinguished Member
want some more confusion :lol: try getright. i think its great.
nice review, by the way, kniwor, thnx.

selva1966

Journeyman
Kniwor said:
Now consider megaupload.....No Download Accelerators allowed and only 1 file at a time.....
If u have integrated IDM properly.... just download using it and it will work... and u can download any number of files u like at a time....
(I actually discovered this accidently while using IDM)
I have downloaded 3 or 4 files simultanously with flashget.

How many files you have downloaded simultanously with IDM?

OP
Kniwor

Kniwor

Learner
4 is what i've already tried..... why dont u try for urself...

yeah i've also used flashget.... but not for too long... so maybe i did not get enough time to appreciate it....

i leave it to you guys...

OP
Kniwor

Kniwor

Learner
It will ask u if u want to use "some" feature of it's that allows it to directly catch links.... and say yes and restart...
nothing complicated... actually i should not have used "integrate properly" there... because there's nothing to it....

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Vishal Gupta said:
I can't d/l the files from Mega Upload and Rapidshare thru Flash Get 1.71...

How u d/l them?

Make it the default D/L manager via Flashgot in FF and when the 40seconds blah blah loads and shows u the link, jus click the link and the d/l will start in Flashget

Megaupload is slooowww
Rapidshare is OK, It gives u 90% of ur BB Speed

Also theres another way of doin this d/l automatically without the browser,
PM me or click the WWW button down here ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom