Wolfenstein The New Order

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
So isnt it worth 40gb ?

I would assume you meant that after 40GB download, you expect a FPS game to last long really long..ting tong :D

B.U.T a game with 234+ hours wont necessarily be a good game, quality of game play >> quantity in game hours. Besides its a SP focused game. I could see praises everywhere in other forums.

Wofly gets 8/10.

Last edited:

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
So you think you know fear!?
Try downloading Wolfenstein New Order in a 512kbps BSNL connection and you'll know the meaning of true fear.

Activtile

New to this forum
*www.speedtest.net/result/3512716765.png

But must resist as only 29.8 GB data limit left, next month may be, need to spare some for BF4 online :(

Just buy a physical copy then...

But yea 50GB of disk space is insane... welcome to the Next Gen where you will need a PC with at least 10TB disk space in order to survive.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
just watched entire walkthrough. A lot less enemy variation. But good dailogs and direction.

I don't feel the need to play this game.

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
Just buy a physical copy then...

But yea 50GB of disk space is insane... welcome to the Next Gen where you will need a PC with at least 10TB disk space in order to survive.

survival comes in many shapes and forms. Heard about data purging? I know how to house-keep a 500GB HDD. Everything in the world can not be important at the same time. Get used to it and welcome to TDF.

- - - Updated - - -

just watched entire walkthrough. A lot less enemy variation. But good dailogs and direction.

I don't feel the need to play this game.

Yeah you definitely don't need to, not because the game is not worth playing but because you have watched the ENTIRE walk-through before even starting it.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Yeah you definitely don't need to, not because the game is not worth playing but because you have watched the ENTIRE walk-through before even starting it.

Saves the time :) It's just the blend of various other games. Nothing that I should try experiencing.

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
Wolfenstein Released in Germany Without Nazi References

*www.tomshardware.com/news/wolfenstein-german-release-bethesda-nazis,26844.html

but how good the game still stands then?

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
Man this game is so awesome . Solid Gunplay , Awesome Dual wielding , decent voice acting and after a long time i am playing a fps shooter game that has good story . The last good story driven fps game i played was Call of Duty MW2 in 2009 .

quicky008

Technomancer
Story is pretty decent but the game's visuals leave much to be desired, especially some of the in-game environments which look rather blurry and washed out because of the utterly low res textures that they comprise of . This is simply unacceptable, considering that this game hogs over 30gb of hdd space after installation-other titles like metro 2033 redux, crysis 3 etc which require significantly lower hdd space look way better than wolfenstein.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Story is pretty decent but the game's visuals leave much to be desired, especially some of the in-game environments which look rather blurry and washed out because of the utterly low res textures that they comprise of . This is simply unacceptable, considering that this game hogs over 30gb of hdd space after installation-other titles like metro 2033 redux, crysis 3 etc which require significantly lower hdd space look way better than wolfenstein.
Well you can't compare C3 with Wolfenstein, the former is all about graphics, while the latter is about gameplay. I loved the New Order, there are very few games out there which actually gave me a challenge like that one, but yeah when you take the total hard disk space into account it's kinda disappointing graphically.

iittopper

Wise Old Owl

You have to blame Idtech engine for that . So much size yet not so much graphics . This was also the case with Rage . I am currently on chapter 9 , and have already spend around 6 hour . Will take 5 more hour to complete . So 10-12 hour for a Fps game is solid .

Just finished where we are sent to labour camp and man seeing that leader holding a small baby upside down and condition of workers ( toilet , beds , working condition etc) , man that made me so sad .

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
started this game......

can any1 tell secrets about this game, somewhere i read in the past that this game has an inbuilt mechanism that takes u to different story or world.........

dont remember if it was this game or the old blood

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Haven't played The Old Blood, thinking of purchasing it sometime though.

There isn't any secrets. Only one are the enigma codes that you can find hidden throughout the game that you can decode to unlock cheats or game modes.

As for storyline, there is an event where you have to make a choice, depending upon what you choose you will be put into one of two timelines with slightly different story and mechanics. Once you finish the game with one timeline, you can replay the game and choose the other option and follow the second timeline. I won't tell you what the choice is because spoilers.

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
Haven't played The Old Blood, thinking of purchasing it sometime though.

There isn't any secrets. Only one are the enigma codes that you can find hidden throughout the game that you can decode to unlock cheats or game modes.

As for storyline, there is an event where you have to make a choice, depending upon what you choose you will be put into one of two timelines with slightly different story and mechanics. Once you finish the game with one timeline, you can replay the game and choose the other option and follow the second timeline. I won't tell you what the choice is because spoilers.

Already finished the game 2 days back, well long back I read here about this nightmare game ....., its just an ingame mini game. I was expecting something else........

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Completed this game.

My Rating : 8.5/10

Graphics : Excellent graphics and model detailing only thing is the long distance objects appear blurry and also when player is nearing a background object it goes from blur to clear.
other than that no issues with graphics.
Story: Well, story is the best part of this game which is far better than previous installments.
The player narrates the story dialogues through out the whole game and it feels like Max Payne voice.
Bethesda has given importance to Story this time.
Game play: The top most thing about Wolfenstein is the gameplay and it is indeed enjoyable.
There are two modes you can choose Stealth or Assault. I had chosen stealth.But if you like to go on a Rampage (like Rambo style) then choose the other one.
And also shooting off enemy heads has nice animation (Gore).
A.I is somehow mixed and sometimes its really dull...You can stealth kill a patrolling enemy in front of other but they wont notice at all (not even the dead body).
In that sense, Far Cry 3/4 is much better.
This game has got Boss Fights !!! and sometimes it gets really PITA (if u don't know the thing you have to do to Kill the Boss)
I played on Normal difficultly and died many times to complete a stage or area part.
Firing with double handed shotguns or assault rifles is really a Fun part of the game.

Sound: Brilliant...but do not compare this with COD or Battlefield sounds.

This is by far the best game in the series.

I am looking forward to Old Blood now :smile_NF:

Top Bottom