Wireless setup for HD streaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

cooldude

Broken In
Hello i want to set up wireless in my house for internet browsing as well as HD video streaming from my computer to my television
i dont have much knowledge about what things i need to buy and how to set them up togethere
i am currently using DSL-502T ADSL MOdem for internet connection (mtnl)
do i have to change my modem and add some other components
i am using intel corei7 920 with WX58BP mobo
i will be connecting my dell inspiron 6400 also to the wireless

i read about Xtreamer HD Player in the mag it has wireless for connectivity

will buying prts from US affect its connectivity here??
pls guide me through the wireless connectivity in my house??

khmadhu

change is constant!!
well u need to have the following devices to setup a HD streaming.

either one of the HD media player like WD live tv 2,Asus O!Play,popcorn hour(not avialable in india).

if u want to stream over ethernet cable then WD live tv or asus o play will do.

if u want wifi HD media player. then u need to spend more, and as far i know the best brand for wifi HD player is popcorn hour, but thats not available in india.

it varies from 10,000 to 20,000 Rs. but it can play almost every audio/video format
www.popcornhour.com.

and u need to have a wifi router with high range (typically comes with N series).
brands are D-link,Belkin,linksys,buffalo.

and the setup is easy.

first connect u r modems ethernet out to wifi router,then do setup
Then connect a ethernet cable from router to HD media player,
or if u buy wifi HD media player. connect from wifi HD Player to u r wifi router.

see the setup instructions provided by the vendor, as it varies from vendor to vendor

OP
C

cooldude

Broken In
i read about Xtreamer HD Player in the mag for wireless HD
Which will be the best ADSL2 router for this work as i use MTNL triband

OP
C

cooldude

Broken In
Push2TV enables you to view whatever is displayed on your laptop screen onto your HDTV, wirelessly.
i want to have a wireless streaming tis willl displat my desktop on the television!

---------- Post added at 12:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 PM ----------

Push2TV enables you to view whatever is displayed on your laptop screen onto your HDTV, wirelessly.
i want to have a wireless streaming tis willl displat my desktop on the television!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom