wireless multi function printer for <10k

compsavvy

Broken In
I am looking for a good wireless multi function(print/scan/copy) printer for <10k.

hp is preferable because of their eprint service

Sarath

iDota
Well I just got this printer a few weeks back with all the features you are asking for
Buy HP B-110a PHOTOSMART AIO PRINTER at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews

I am not however happy with the print quality as it appears a bit smudgy to me. Maybe I need to tweak the print quality settings or i am expecting laser type quality. But overall its good. Photos I printed were good. And a few colour text documents were also neat so maybe I need to input appropriate settings. Recommended buy.

Took HP since their service is good.
*www.letsbuy.com/product_images/enlarge/hp_b_-110a_photosmart_aio_printe.jpg

OP
C

compsavvy

Broken In
Thanks for the suggestions
As you said, its print quality does not seem good enough for the price.
Any better option?

OP
C

compsavvy

Broken In
I am thinking of getting a hp photosmart b210a (because it has airprint functionality while b11a does not). Any owners out here?? How does it fare in printing quality??

Sarath

iDota
What is airprint? I have the b11a as i said above. You can look at its cheaper sibling as almost all printers from the same family show minor differences in quality.

Which aspect of print quality:
Text or colour

Text: Its like any other inkjet. Throws out smudgy text at lowest setting but that saves ink so I still have it on "draft" setting. I printed a ticket on medium settings and it came in laser like quality so I guess only the lowest setting true to its name gives lowest quality prints. This should be common across all HP printers.

Colour: A few photo samples I printed were good. since it is primarily a photo printer.

All in all a good buy.

Used e-print feature just once. It prints the whole email in a different font. I need to verify this again. I havent tried printing photos on the cloud yet so I dont know how to do that. Good feature if you are gonna need it frequently. Otherwise not worth spending extra for this.

Finally I would say dont pay for features you will never use.

Last edited:
OP
C

compsavvy

Broken In
Airprint
Apple - iPad - Print right from your iPad with AirPrint.

Actually, airprint would be quite a nice feature for my ipad.

Thanks by the way for the review of b110a. B210a should be quite similar in printing quality.

edit: it seems b110a is also airprint compatible through a firmware upgrade

Last edited:

Sarath

iDota
Oh that means it will work with an ipod too. I think I need that firmware. Thanks for that info.

Last edited:
Top Bottom